Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

This has been discussed on here before. But wow, The room with Tommy Wiseau

Started by Kryton, June 20, 2020, 03:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

One thing I've been curious about - is Tommy in on the joke? Is he now aware he made a shit film and that when he does screenings and stuff its because people want to laugh at how bad it is, or does he think he made a good film?

EDIT - This new page will be so bad that it's good.

purlieu

I was only vaguely aware of the film when I first saw it, and I'm glad about that. Nothing can really prepare you for it, as it's so fucking weird while trying its hardest to be normal. The flower shop scene is probably the worst timing in the history of cinema. The sex scenes are the most uncomfortable sex scenes I've ever seen.

Sebastian Cobb

I quite like the breast cancer chat, mentioned apropos of nothing, and never alluded to again.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on June 28, 2020, 10:36:01 PM
One thing I've been curious about - is Tommy in on the joke? Is he now aware he made a shit film and that when he does screenings and stuff its because people want to laugh at how bad it is, or does he think he made a good film?

A couple of years ago, and despite all evidence to the contrary, he was switching between saying he intentionally made a terrible film, and that it was a parody of a bad film.  Either answer he gave he claimed he knew exactly what he was doing and the film came out the way he wanted it.

I don't know how he's been marketing it more recently, but he does at least seem to take all forms of analysis, criticism and spoofery in good humour.  Which may just confirm that he is as deluded as many say he is.

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on June 28, 2020, 10:36:01 PM

He's definitely in on the joke at this point because he's attempted to build on his fame by making deliberately so-bad-it's-good content (which is as dire as you would expect). Also as Shit Good Nose noted he's claimed in recently years that the movie was supposed to a comedy/deliberately bad.

Armin Meiwes

Haha yeah saw that he had claimed that, I would be surprised if he even really understand at this stage what's so bad about it though. Also kind of find it funny that he didn't fall out with Greg over the Disaster Artist as it's not exactly a flattering portrait to say the least.

The Roofdog

Quote from: Billy on June 28, 2020, 12:54:40 AM
The last few times I've seen it at the Prince Charles have been ruined by gangs of Legend Gary's who decide that they themselves are funnier than the film and start shouting perceived nuggets of hilarity over every single line and scene, drowning out the film itself and consisting of mostly unpleasant sexist comments and screamed obscenities every time the main female character appears on screen. Pre-Disaster Artist it was much more good natured.

The PCC is nearly always like that though. It was like that when I went to watch Wrath Of Khan for fuck's sake, bloody awful place.