Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:54:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

After illness, Brad Dourif goes peacefully

Started by Default to the negative, June 20, 2020, 04:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tourism

Sin Agog

Malcy

Small Man Big Horse

I've been taken in and angered by many of these threads in the past but now I first check to see who posted them, and if it's someone who's one of the worst posters CaB has ever seen (as with the OP) I just presume it's a painfully unfunny attempt at humour, and the system's worked for about 12 months now.

Malcy

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 20, 2020, 07:10:29 PM
I've been taken in and angered by many of these threads in the past but now I first check to see who posted them, and if it's someone who's one of the worst posters CaB has ever seen (as with the OP) I just presume it's a painfully unfunny attempt at humour, and the system's worked for about 12 months now.

It's the same with threads that riff on something else that's been posted. There was a point not long ago where they were the majority of page 1 of General Bullshit along with these pathetic 'death' threads.

It baffles me that some people think they are hilarious by posting them but more so that they take the time to make them in the first place.

Whole forums gone a bit odd recently. Hoping it's just a by-product of Covid and it improves soon. Blah blah considers rewrite has gone beyond old at this point as well.

Yeah I'm a twat and it wasn't funny. Just let the thread sink now.

bgmnts

Nah, i'm going to post in this thread every hour or two to make sure it stays right up top.

druss

Ahaha is he not dead then?

Aha that is classic banter. Classic.

Alberon

Quote from: Default to the negative on June 20, 2020, 04:07:24 PM
to the post office to collect his letters!

It is by will alone I set this thread in motion.
It is by the juice of fermented apples that thoughts acquire muddiness,
the lips acquire stains.
The stains become a warning.
It is by will alone I set this thread in motion.

QDRPHNC

Ironically, Brad Dourif starred in SFC (shit for cunts) Punk!

Edit: Oops, it was SLC Punk!

Edit: Actually, it was Matthew Lillard.

Edit: Sorry, I'm thinking of Ethan Hawk in Reality Bites, nm.

Butchers Blind

Alberon

He's very sick....

...of his name being used in another of these types of threads.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Default to the negative on June 20, 2020, 04:07:24 PM
to the post office to collect his letters!

Oh just fuck off entirely, you boring, unfunny cunt.

Can't stand this sort of thing.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Why doesn't he have his letters delivered ?

druss

Oh fuck I was just remembering the time I thought Brad Dourif was dead and how when I found out he wasn't I fucking pissed myself and I only FUCKING PISSED MYSELF again hahahaha.

Brilliant stuff.

Brundle-Fly

The joke doesn't even work because Americans don't collect 'letters' from the post office, they collect their mail. Why would he be collecting letters in the first place? How tiny can Brad Dourif's mailbox be? It's academic anyway, as the USPS would be shut at that hour.

chveik

it's madness that this used to be a regular joke on here.

rue the polywhirl

Yeh I think it was a guy called Chris Morris who started it. I'm starting to think it's high time that he was cancelled as well.

PlanktonSideburns

BeardFaceMan

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on June 21, 2020, 09:44:46 AM
Yeh I think it was a guy called Chris Morris who started it. I'm starting to think it's high time that he was cancelled as well.

Didn't you get the memo? Everybody in the arts, literature, music, film, entertainment industry for one reason or another has been cancelled since last Friday except Justin Fletcher AKA Mr Tumble.

chveik

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on June 21, 2020, 09:44:46 AM
I%u2019m starting to think it%u2019s high time that he was cancelled as well.

that wasn't my point you dunce.

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: chveik on June 21, 2020, 10:42:34 AM
that wasn't my point you dunce.

And? Hyperbole to call it madness either way.

chveik

possibly but why do mention cancellation in the context? it's really tedious

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: chveik on June 21, 2020, 10:54:26 AM
possibly but why do mention cancellation in the context? it's really tedious

??? Seemed like the most obvious comeuppance for making fake death announcements for comedy.

thenoise

I heard he is dead ....... bored of these hackneyed old 'edgy' threads!

He had a stroke ....... of his lockdown beard while wondering why anyone would bother making this shitty threads!

He thought what a terrible pain ....... in the backside OP is lol!

He experienced total organ failure .... he'll have to buy a piano!

His daughter gave him a coffin ..... fit as he's allergic to her perfume but he is better now!

He is now resting peacefully....... as it is the middle of the night in America where he lives!

We will remember him ..... as thingy off of LOTR, but we look forward to his future roles too!!

Unless he dies first.

Butchers Blind

I mean, it was funny when it was Brucie.  Those repeating threads where you saw the thread title and thought, "Oh no, Forsyth has died!" but he hadn't, he was just dead tired of reading threads misleading people into thinking he was.
It was a shame when he actually did die in the end.