Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:55:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

After illness, Brad Dourif goes peacefully

Started by Default to the negative, June 20, 2020, 04:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rack and peanut

He's kicked the bucket... while mopping his floor, what a mess!

He's bought the farm... and has plans to flip the barn for big £££s!

Dex Sawash

Brundle-Fly

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

touchingcloth

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on June 21, 2020, 09:40:11 AM
The joke doesn't even work because Americans don't collect 'letters' from the post office, they collect their mail. Why would he be collecting letters in the first place? How tiny can Brad Dourif's mailbox be? It's academic anyway, as the USPS would be shut at that hour.

What if their mail is all letters and no parcels?

What worries me is how his mother's going to take this.

Blinder Data

I did not realise this place was full of such die-hard Brad Dourif fans.

"FUCK YOU, Default to the Negative! The guy who played Wormtongue is a goddamn national hero - show some respect!!!"

(I also don't find these threads funny)

Captain Z

I have literally never heard of this person, yet again feel like I'm in some alternate reality due to the number of people that not only have, but are getting so precious about it. Found it funny anyway, no problem with this running joke.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 21, 2020, 08:46:37 AM
Why doesn't he have his letters delivered ?

They were keeping them on standby because of the illness.

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 21, 2020, 11:41:55 AM
I mean, it was funny when it was Brucie.  Those repeating threads where you saw the thread title and thought, "Oh no, Forsyth has died!" but he hadn't, he was just dead tired of reading threads misleading people into thinking he was.
It was a shame when he actually did die in the end.

Actually, I never did die. I just got so sick of these threads I faked my death and moved to Clacton.

famethrowa

PlanktonSideburns

I find the first 10 responses of just pure vitriol to the OP hilarious, its like they are a character in one of madhair60s comics

Sin Agog

I'm not particularly bothered by the thread. Brad Dourif is actually a surprisingly convincing choice.  Just wanted to make a half-arsed Wise Blood pun.

BritishHobo

Chollis

Quote from: Captain Z on June 22, 2020, 10:43:30 AM
I have literally never heard of this person, yet again feel like I'm in some alternate reality due to the number of people that not only have, but are getting so precious about it. Found it funny anyway, no problem with this running joke.

same

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 20, 2020, 08:31:11 PM
Ironically, Brad Dourif starred in SFC (shit for cunts) Punk!

Edit: Oops, it was SLC Punk!

Edit: Actually, it was Matthew Lillard.

Edit: Sorry, I'm thinking of Ethan Hawk in Reality Bites, nm.

This whole post made me laugh. 

You (few) who haven't heard of Brad Dourif are arguably worse than DttN for starting the thread.

earl_sleek

Yeah, they are pointless and nasty, but I find a well crafted one funny too. This one is particularly good, Dourif being an inspired choice as well as the amount of opprobrium it's received.

beanheadmcginty

Does anyone else think he's very similar to Dwight Schultz aka Murdock from The A-Team?

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on June 22, 2020, 07:52:38 AM

MOMMY THEY SHOT MY LEG OFF
IT HURTS SO BAD IT HURTS SO BAD

Vaguely obscure Deadwood reference also I'm not a fan of these threads

famethrowa

So is this nobody dead or what? His career certainly is. Billy Bibbit ?? Come on.

Quote from: Malcy on June 20, 2020, 07:16:55 PM
It baffles me that some people think they are hilarious by posting them but more so that they take the time to make them in the first place.

Overly antagonistic critic of 1920s-era bootleg W.C. Fields promotional posters considers rewrite

Buelligan

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on June 22, 2020, 07:52:38 AM

Yes, it's a concern.  I'm glad he's not dead.