Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:16:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How do I bluepill a redpill?

Started by Default to the negative, June 20, 2020, 05:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Quote from: Default to the negative on June 20, 2020, 05:16:31 PM
Not a piss-take thread this time. I know a man, a friend, who is getting absorbed in this subculture. He has always had conspiracy theorist tendencies, so of course he would be drawn to this material.

I tried it the easy way. I played the cheap card and said this MGTOW stuff sounds like 'thinly disguised homosexual propaganda to me! Is that what you're getting into now? Men going their own way, eh? There's another word for that.'

It didn't work. He is too immersed in his podcasts and websites. Steeped in all that bullshit.

Give me some advice. Help me deprogram this man.
Just sincerely ask what the reward of getting into it all is? do the people deep in it seem happy? He's probably too far gone but the real solution is to just get him into something better. These fuckers are almost always dudes who like the idea of being inquisitive way more than actually being inquisitive, so they just take the shit that's fed to them via algorithms instead of like... actually trying to find things they enjoy.

The real MGOTW ideal should be Stavros Halkias, all the self indulgence, none of the anger and misogyny.

JesusAndYourBush

Why is Chad's arse on backwards?

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 20, 2020, 07:25:16 PM
Just sincerely ask what the reward of getting into it all is? do the people deep in it seem happy?

No, he's obviously embittered.

Okay if I can get slightly personal about things, and this might piss some people off.

He has always met women through clubs and pubs. He's never met a woman through hobbies and shared interests. He picks up the sort of women who pick up random men, and what-a-surprise they don't have much in common with each other.

Now obviously he would laugh at a nerd like me, who meets women through role-playing games. 'HOHOHO, WHAT A SADACT.'

I understand, it's nerdy. It's funny. But ultimately he is the one who is unhappy, because he has no place of understanding with these women.

bgmnts

Hang on he's pulling girls in pubs and clubs? What's he whinging for then?

I'd kill to be able to do that. Get him fucked into the sea.

Bence Fekete

Tell him he know's fuck all about reality until he's tried dmt.

I knew this bloke 20 years ago, self-confessed acid casualty drug monster type.  Anyway, we're sitting there in Wetherspoons in Newport and he starts going off about how the secret services are monitoring everything. 'What mate, even right now at this table?'. Yes, he said. Through our phones.

I laughed and quietly marked him off as a crank. Turns out he was just ahead of his time. 

Danger Man

Quote from: bgmnts on June 20, 2020, 07:53:10 PM
Hang on he's pulling girls in pubs and clubs?.

Not girls, bgmnts.

Whores.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Default to the negative on June 20, 2020, 07:07:27 PM
He doesn't know a fucking thing. But you are all probably right. Nothing to do, is there. Lost cause, maybe.

He's not necessarily a lost cause, it's that people's minds don't get changed until they're ready to. Similar to the first step of overcoming a problem is to admit there's a problem.

If he's not ready to have his mind changed, nothing you say will change it.

And also, in a larger sense, how do you know this isn't what he needs right now? Sometimes we need to go through shitty times and have shitty opinions to give us the context for how it can be otherwise.

Quote from: Default to the negative on June 20, 2020, 07:38:57 PM
He has always met women through clubs and pubs. He's never met a woman through hobbies and shared interests. He picks up the sort of women who pick up random men, and what-a-surprise they don't have much in common with each other. [...] But ultimately he is the one who is unhappy, because he has no place of understanding with these women.

Are you sure he's unhappy? Maybe he and these women he meets find each other attractive and just want to get laid. You're sounding a bit incelly there.

Quote from: Default to the negative on June 20, 2020, 07:38:57 PM
No, he's obviously embittered.

I see.

peanutbutter

Is he still pulling these women? I assumed that kind of shit died a death beyond one night stands.

I won't be able to take any more questions tonight, guys, because I'm going off to play BALDURS GATE with my PRETEND GIRLFRIEND on the INTERNET.

That's just how I fuckin roll. Good night to you all.

Pijlstaart

I understand the appeal of MGTOWing someone, it must be viscerally thrilling. Got hooked on that scene in the Sword in the Stone when the squirrel woman unilaterally decides to jibber-fuck squirrel prints arthur, but he turns back into a person and she's left crying and alone. Hnnghh, snrrf snrrf. That's what it must be like when you MGTOW someone. Defined the childhood, that, sneaking into the family rumpus-room at night to re-watch the scene on mute, and I knew that when I could turn into a squirrel I'd MGTOW squirrels, or better yet I'd turn into a hemaphroditic species and MGTOW myself.

Lived with some Bulgarians once, very rough and tumble, and they MGTOWed everything, breadcrumb trails, low-grade meat, litter, they MGTOWed everything. Unwarranted in my view, and I repurposed it all like a little womble, marvellous, so there is complexity in the issue, there are clearly circumstances when one should refrain from MGTOWing.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 20, 2020, 06:46:45 PM
Surely it would be better for everyone if men who really wanted to GTOW were allowed to GTOW as quickly and quietly as possible.
They don't, that's the crazy thing. They say that they're just not having anything to do with women any more, we're all decadent sluts who ride the cock carousel before milking some beahtah for money and kids while continuing to cheat on him with Chad and Tyrone, so they're swearing off us forever, that'll teach us. And then all they do is hang around on the Internet betching about women and how awful we are instead of doing LITERALLY. ANYTHING. ELSE. with their amazing single lives unencumbered by a pesky relationship and attention-seeking kids.

Quote from: Default to the negative on June 20, 2020, 06:48:02 PM
The reason I made this thread is that I want one of you to deliver a crushing blow. A powerful soundbite that will make him think... 'Oh.'
See... there isn't.

If he's whinging that he can't find a good woman, you can steer him towards better ways to meet the kind of woman who's interested in more than a one-night stand or purely sexual relationship. You can turn to him and say "Come on, you don't really believe that, do you?" You could point him towards Dr. Nerdlove's advice columns and podcasts. But there's no one thing you can say to snap him out of it, especially if he's far gone.

I know there are videos floating around on YouTube with titles like "how I escaped the alt right pipeline" and they might be worth checking out, just to see if there is anything else you can do. I haven't watched any so I can't vouch for their content.

Thursday

Quote from: Default to the negative on June 20, 2020, 06:48:02 PM
The reason I made this thread is that I want one of you to deliver a crushing blow. A powerful soundbite that will make him think... 'Oh.'

Tell him you asked a forum full of stupid bald middle-aged nerds you post on how to help him change his mind about his stupid beliefs and we all said he sounded like he was beyond help.

Sheffield Wednesday

Sounds like you're being a fuckin pussy as usual. Just tell him he's being a total cunt for the following reasons and then fuck him off to the grave unless he begs forgiveness. At which point, humiliate him to the maximum and burn his corpse. 🤣🤣🤣

idunnosomename

Quote from: bgmnts on June 20, 2020, 06:35:29 PM

Yeah but its established in The Matrix that you can get inserted back into it.
true but doesnt that make you a baddie?

thenoise

He wants/needs to join a crazy culty internet conspiracy group, telling him to snap out of it and become a normie ain't gonna work. You need to point him towards a better, even sillier internet conspiracy to take his mind off it.

Marner and Me

A lad I know worships the YouTube guy called Coach Red Pill, this lad tbf is easily brainwashed, he used to love The Artist Taxi Driver.

Mister Six

Quote from: Sin Agog on June 20, 2020, 06:40:15 PM
Great moment in the latest AGNB vid where a Piglet-voiced MGTOW gamer and his mate meet a couple of Chads: https://youtu.be/pW_jsS_JnMY?t=150

Haha fuck, you're right  I didn't see that.

Is that a different bloke asking the questions? He seems to be covering up as much of his face as possible, even considering Covid, and he sounds a little different too.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sin Agog on June 20, 2020, 06:40:15 PM
Great moment in the latest AGNB vid where a Piglet-voiced MGTOW gamer and his mate meet a couple of Chads
hung up on ro-maaaanciiiing

Retinend

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 20, 2020, 08:13:04 PM
Are you sure he's unhappy? Maybe he and these women he meets find each other attractive and just want to get laid. You're sounding a bit incelly there.

I think he was just saying that his friend had formed his very toxic opinion of women based on a very specific experience of womankind, let's dub them "party girls" .... It's a good insight because MGTOW influencers (such as Coach Red Pill, mentioned above) grew out of the pickup-artist scene which was all about nightlife, party girls and boys, and I remember at the time I thought "but what about girls with brains?" To this day I've never seen a book about picking up those, probably because brains tend to neutralize red pills and crap pickup lines alike.

Urinal Cake

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Retinend on June 21, 2020, 08:26:19 AM
I think he was just saying that his friend had formed his very toxic opinion of women based on a very specific experience of womankind, let's dub them "party girls" .... It's a good insight because MGTOW influencers (such as Coach Red Pill, mentioned above) grew out of the pickup-artist scene which was all about nightlife, party girls and boys, and I remember at the time I thought "but what about girls with brains?" To this day I've never seen a book about picking up those, probably because brains tend to neutralize red pills and crap pickup lines alike.

'what about girls with brains?' implies that theyre two different groups - I'm not convinced clever people, - men or women - are more or less prone to going to parties. the idea of a 'party girl/clever person' binary class type seems mad to me

I've known plenty of very clever people who LOVE getting fucked up. 

feels to me that these pickup artists went to these parties, an environment that was probably full of stupid people, clever people, normal people, all sorts, - they never got to find anything out about this group of diverse people because of their total selfish incuriosity in people, their lack of humanity born of entitlement, and the mistaking of relationships with owning people as property.

the idea of dubbing one group 'party girls' and another 'clever people' feels like an idea that dissolves on contact with reality

being a Full Blown Straight White Cunt(tm) i have led a life of drink/drug based debauchery, while also getting a degree and a masters in a tehcnical subject, - but becaouse of my FBSWC(tm) status, people think of that as just various parts of my deep, rich personal history, (i guess) rather than scratch their heads and figure out whether im a 'nerd boy' or a 'amphetamine manwhore' or whatever

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 20, 2020, 07:33:11 PM
Why is Chad's arse on backwards?

The chad looks like he has scurvy and rickets too. You'd think it was the young man spending all that time alone in a darkened, windowless room that would suffer from vitamin deficiency.

thenoise

But how are we supposed to trick girls with brains into sleeping with us???

Replies From View

Quote from: Kryton on June 20, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

No idea what you're all on about.

Sail away, sail away, sail away

chveik

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 20, 2020, 06:31:25 PM
Boring neo-reactionary straight-edge cunt.

Perverts have all the fun.

for once I agree with you

Retinend

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 21, 2020, 09:36:42 AM
'what about girls with brains?' implies that theyre two different groups - I'm not convinced clever people, - men or women - are more or less prone to going to parties. the idea of a 'party girl/clever person' binary class type seems mad to me

I wouldn't put such a fine point upon it: many conform to type, many don't. You get brainy party girls, I'm sure of it. As you suggest, the pickup artists probably didn't even meet the whole range of women who frequent clubs.

The principle is that if you only ever meet one type of person, your outlook is going to be jaundiced - c.f. Default To The Negative's mate's MGTOW outlook and his romantic history.

thenoise

I reckon if you did go gay for a bit, you'd soon realise that men are just as shit as women if not worse, your outlook is just a bit skewed due to the fact that you are one.