Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:56:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How do I bluepill a redpill?

Started by Default to the negative, June 20, 2020, 05:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flotemysost

Start off by complimenting his superior rasmus, they love that.

Seriously though, the fact that someone who believes in this crap has a daughter is quite worrying, obviously it's hardly the first time anyone with dangerous ideas had a kid, but still... I know you've said he's assured you he won't allow this stuff to affect her when she's older, but there's no way it can't.

Essentially he follows a school of thought that believes all women are untrustworthy and inferior, and yet he's brought one into the world, and presumably will have some sort of influence/involvement in her upbringing. How is he going to give her any sort of advice or guidance without it being coloured by his beliefs?

And while it's some time away, presumably at some point she'll most likely have her own relationships and adult life - from what I know about MGTOW (which isn't much, admittedly) there's a good chance that she probably won't always act in a way that completely matches his approved view of how women should act. Will he be able to handle that?

Obviously everyone does stuff their parents disapprove of, but this seems like such a fervent, cultish world view - and I realise people in cults/with extreme views often do make completely hypocritical exceptions and turn a blind eye to stuff when it suits them (I've seen it happen with JW people I knew) - but it might be worth at least trying to get him to ask himself if he could, in all honesty, maintain a respectful and loving relationship with his daughter alongside his beliefs.

Danger Man

Quote from: thenoise on June 21, 2020, 11:14:00 AM
But how are we supposed to trick girls with brains into sleeping with us???

Tell the clever girls they're beautiful and the beautiful girls they're clever. It's that simple.

That and a lot of kino escalation.

PlanktonSideburns

touchingcloth

This shit just keeps going in waves, I remember when the uncle types were all heavily into GHTHR for about two months before moving on.

earl_sleek

Quote from: thenoise on June 21, 2020, 11:14:00 AM
But how are we supposed to trick girls with brains into sleeping with us???

Make em laugh, but not at your knob.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 22, 2020, 12:28:24 AM
This shit just keeps going in waves, I remember when the uncle types were all heavily into GHTHR for about two months before moving on.

GuysHammeringTheirHairyRingpieces?

evilcommiedictator

Just get him to keep spouting bullshit when the family is around and get the wife and kid to leave him, one problem solved (but it will kinda keep him in that rabbit hole)

touchingcloth

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 22, 2020, 12:32:50 AM
GuysHammeringTheirHairyRingpieces?

No? I can't remember what it stands for but the gonial rasmus lads used to talk about that, HFKTD, GHEKKJ, TMWRNJ, and XÆ12.

Tell him to stop being such a stupid cunt.

Or if he's gonna get all his opinions off awful youtube videos tell him he needs to watch ones that challenge those views as well. Bloke called "Destiny" who is a different sort of cunt has made a career out of "debating" these types of idiots. As I say he's a cunt in his own right but he's quite good at exposing their outrageous hypocrisy and genuinely astounding stupidity.

Some of them will make you lose your faith in humanity though, or maybe just Americans in general.

Him and coach red bell;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=actYD2Obamk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVpQKabt1IM

There is hours and hours of this stuff and it might make you want to pull your brain out through your nose, but Destiny is quite good at exposing these people's ignorance and bad faith positions.

touchingcloth

Those ^ are just video game vids?

Buelligan

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 20, 2020, 06:46:45 PM
Surely it would be better for everyone if men who really wanted to GTOW were allowed to GTOW as quickly and quietly as possible.

This.

And this -

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 21, 2020, 09:36:42 AM
'what about girls with brains?' implies that theyre two different groups - I'm not convinced clever people, - men or women - are more or less prone to going to parties. the idea of a 'party girl/clever person' binary class type seems mad to me

I've known plenty of very clever people who LOVE getting fucked up. 

feels to me that these pickup artists went to these parties, an environment that was probably full of stupid people, clever people, normal people, all sorts, - they never got to find anything out about this group of diverse people because of their total selfish incuriosity in people, their lack of humanity born of entitlement, and the mistaking of relationships with owning people as property.

the idea of dubbing one group 'party girls' and another 'clever people' feels like an idea that dissolves on contact with reality

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 20, 2020, 07:33:11 PM
Why is Chad's arse on backwards?

It's a fanny pack.

Paul Calf

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 22, 2020, 09:49:31 AM
Those ^ are just video game vids?

They are if you've got the sound off.

Space ghost

Ask him why he's so enthused about allowing himself to be weaponised . Or just fuck him off, he's basically dead now so you may as well.

Quote from: Space ghost on June 22, 2020, 11:02:41 AM
Ask him why he's so enthused about allowing himself to be weaponised .

Now you see this, this is the angle I think most effective. To tell him that he is being used. It could be a potent and horrific revelation to someone who likes to believe they see beyond the veil. Someone who takes pride in being above the benighted.

If I could show him he is a pawn, a willing stooge, then it would stir a reaction. But which words to employ, and where to find them? I think everyone should read Paradise Lost and the persuasive style that Milton puts in Satan's mouth. Unfortunately it's too much for me to ask of this friend. Instead, he could read a more simple poem, like this maybe:

QuoteThey fuck you up, your mum and dad.   
    They may not mean to, but they do.   
They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,   
Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
    And don't have any kids yourself.

Space ghost

That's good but have you considered the other option provided in as much detail?
Could be worth it.

Quote from: Space ghost on June 22, 2020, 12:10:11 PM
That's good but have you considered the other option provided in as much detail?
Could be worth it.

I'm not into cancel culture. I stay with people to the bitter end, God help me.

And the reason is that I don't think you can ever make any real friends amongst an angry mob, who are driven by social media and reddit thumbs-ups. They'll throw you under the bus as soon as you step out of the orthodoxy - which can change at any moment. I come from a background where you forge friendships the hard way, on the anvil of social discomforts.

bgmnts

"My friend murdered someone the other day but you know me, to the bitter end all the way."

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 22, 2020, 10:49:58 AM
They are if you've got the sound off.

Jesus, with the sound on its twats talking about cuntery while playing a video game.

Whatever next? Katie Hopkins and Christopher Hitchens discuss Islam over a rubber of Hungry Hippos?

Quote from: bgmnts on June 22, 2020, 12:20:35 PM
"My friend murdered someone the other day but you know me, to the bitter end all the way."

"So-and-so on the Facebook group says he's cancellled. So I believe that too now!"

bgmnts

I don't think this is being cancelled though, this is just people saying your friend is a div cunt who should be left to his div cuntery.

If it's just div cuntery - which it is - then why did you make a false equivalence with murder?

It is because you were being... a bellend?

bgmnts

Murderers are PROPER div cunts.

Buelligan

Surely, the point isn't whether being a murderer is equivalent to being a fucking wanker.  The point is, friendship isn't a marriage where there's no divorce.

Quote from: bgmnts on June 22, 2020, 12:40:53 PM
Murderers are PROPER div cunts.

But we're not talking about murderers here.

So you were being a bellend. An exaggerating jerry helmet man. Spunking tall tales and fanciful speculations from your red-raw and irritated meatus. That's okay. I know how seriously to take your opinions from now on.

Quote from: Buelligan on June 22, 2020, 12:41:37 PM
The point is, friendship isn't a marriage where there's no divorce.

No, but there is still a bind. I wouldn't split with a friend over a political disagreement. Would you? Someone you've known all your life?

Retinend

Oh you wonder, do you? Well it's nice of you to stroke your chin and wonder and ponder, in a perfectly non-committal way. Don't worry, I'm sure the majority will be along to instruct you on your opinion soon.

Buelligan

Quote from: Default to the negative on June 22, 2020, 12:53:35 PM
No, but there is still a bind. I wouldn't split with a friend over a political disagreement. Would you? Someone you've known all your life?

If I'd known them all my life, they wouldn't be like that.