Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:39:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Gilbert (toy)

Started by Kryton, June 20, 2020, 06:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

Back in the good old days when kids with Gilberts would envelop you in a sphere of heated glass and push you out to sea.

Kryton

Just don't drip it on anything, it'll burn everything down. Are you listening? Oi?

bgmnts

How did this toy get past the HSE?

Kryton

Kryton

https://knowledgenuts.com/2014/09/18/the-most-dangerous-toy-in-the-world-cost-50/

QuoteFor only $6.50, kids could purchase the Gilbert Kaster Kit. The machine allowed them to make their own metal-cast figurines and toy soldiers, simply by heating a bit of lead to 200 degrees Celsius (400 °F) and pouring it into the molds.

This toy killed all of the enterprising and intelligent Boomer children. That's why the chaff of the Boomer generation were left to destroy the planet.

Kryton

Powermite were at it too

The smaller the drill/saw, less chance of an accident?

Shit Good Nose

And yet still not as bad as those science kits that had uranium and asbestos in them.

Kryton

What have you been up to?
Nowt, just made a kind of tube of glass with a rotund base. What about you?

Quote from: Kryton on June 20, 2020, 07:06:14 PM

He's doing the Limmy face! Maybe he's just discovered the atomic facelift. You have to get the timing just right and turn away before your features start to melt.

The molten lead one had me chuckling the most, no doubt they would have scrimped on the ladle, insubstantial plastic handle that bent under the weight when it was full, your cack handed son spilling and flicking boiling metal around the living room.

Captain Z

Back wen kids where aloud to be kids.

Cerys

Paul Calf

Quote from: Kryton on June 20, 2020, 07:12:22 PM

What have you been up to?
Nowt, just made a kind of tube of glass with a rotund base. What about you?

What is the expression on that paedo standing behind Gilbert Glassblower all about?

PlanktonSideburns

Blumf

Should the contents of that glass blowing kit be referred to as 'paraphernalia'?

Jittlebags

Love those kits. You can't even get a proper Thomas Salter No 7 chemistry kit these days. World gone mad.

Marner and Me

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 21, 2020, 08:22:45 AM
What is the expression on that paedo standing behind Gilbert Glassblower all about?
Bum 'n' blow