Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:22:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump Tulsa Super-Spreader Rally [split topic]

Started by Barry Admin, June 20, 2020, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: Barry Admin on August 01, 2020, 03:52:15 PM
Wonder if the Tiktok kids trolling the shit out of him over the Tulsa rally is in part responsible for his threats to now ban the app.

I doubt it. Or if it is, that's just a nice bonus for him (if he's even aware of what happened in that much detail). The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), which has the job of checking foreign companies operating on US soil for security risks has seen a lot of action since the tech war between the US and China started to heat up, has been looking into TikTok's purchase of Music.ly or whatever it was called (the US version of the app, basically) since last November.

The same committees forced China-based gay hook-up app Grindr to sell to an American firm on pain of being cut out of the US market, on the (reasonable) assumption that Beijing could demand Grindr hand over its user data (which includes HIV status and previous hook-ups) for blackmail purposes.

So yeah, I think it's mostly just an easy way to look like he's doing something about China without upsetting his base.

Fambo Number Mive

Trump attended a fundraiser in Texas on the 26th July without a mask after signing presidential permits for energy development (again without a mask):

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/29/president-trump-texas-visit-oil-and-gas-permian-basin/

You can see footage of the fundraiser here: https://twitter.com/TheRickyDavila/status/1288668761096990721

Very few masks and no social distancing. Texas has one of the highest numbers of Coronavirus cases in America, on the 26th July it had 381,656 cases. It's now over 470,000.

Imagine going to an indoor fundraising event for Trump without a mask, where most people aren't wearing masks or social distancing, in a state which had several thousand new cases a day. And paying up to $100,000 to attend.

Dog Botherer

i mean, if you don't think it's real or serious, it's probably not hard to imagine