Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:54:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Homer Badman

Started by mr. logic, June 20, 2020, 10:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 21, 2020, 02:18:09 PM
however I sure hope someone got fired for the blunder of showing Homer fully dressed when the mob arrive at their house and then in a dressing-gown and slippers in the next scene to set up the accidental exposure gag.

I read it as being the next day. The mob had been outside the house all night demonstrating.

Feel free to fire yourself from whatever it is you do.

Schnapple

This is an unbelievably funny episode, even today. Last time I watched, I did cringe painfully at the line, "Don't worry, your tears say more than real evidence ever could", but I'll allow it.

Not quite equally, Ashley's line about "men always following their video games" is weak and patronising, although it is saved by Bart running into the door frame.

"Even the man in the White House? Not likely!"

Gulftastic

Isn't it 'WITH a man in the White House?'

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on June 22, 2020, 04:26:46 AM
I read it as being the next day. The mob had been outside the house all night demonstrating.

Feel free to fire yourself from whatever it is you do.
No. The bit where Marge says that they're setting up some sort of shanty town comes after Homer's Marylin Monroe impression.

alan nagsworth

SavageHedgehog

I though it was "*the* man in the white house", that man specifically being Bill Clinton, which would make sense with it being a Fox TV movie, and being 1994 maybe or maybe not for other reasons.

Sonny_Jim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-vuVjiF8Jk&feature=youtu.be&t=113

Sounds like 'with a man' to me.  Although I can see both versions making sense.

SavageHedgehog

It does sound like "with a man". I was wrong.