Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:12:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What if dinosaurs were the true inhabitants of Earth?

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, June 21, 2020, 01:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheffield Wednesday

Thank you for all the posts in this thread. I've laughed, I've learned, I've cried.

bgmnts

Thank you for making Bosto cry everyone.

It makes me happy.

Sheffield Wednesday

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 21, 2020, 04:02:35 PM
Not quite. Birds and dinosaurs have a common ancestor.

Birds did evolve directly from a lineage of dinosaurs, the coelurosaurs to be precise (a group that counts T Rex and velociraptor amongst its alumni).

That's why it is pretty standard in modern palaeontology to use 'non-avian dinosaurs' to refer to your standard prehistoric big fellas. Things like velociraptor and deinonychus represent a lineage of feathered bird-dinosaurs that actually returned to the ground again from flying ancestors. Or so goes the current scientific consensus.

So all of the birds around today can trace a direct family line to the dinosaurs themselves, and it is perfectly accurate to say that dinosaurs live amongst us, and indeed there are many thousands more species of bird than mammal so you could say we still live in the age of dinosaurs! :) of course it's all a matter of semantics in a way as you could say we are all just lobe-finned fish.

But nonetheless a dinosaur bloodline lives on.

And in style. (But also very gay.)

Replies From View

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 21, 2020, 07:42:04 PM
indeed there are many thousands more species of bird than mammal so you could say we still live in the age of dinosaurs! :)

They aren't tall enough.

ZoyzaSorris

Put the worlds 23.7 billion chickens one on top of each other and they'd fill eighteen Olympic swimming pools the area of Wales.

ZoyzaSorris

(Dinosaurs don't need to be tall these days, they can fly)

Replies From View

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 21, 2020, 07:51:44 PM
(Dinosaurs don't need to be tall these days, they can fly)

Fly, can they.  Why did you bring up chickens as the main example of them.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 21, 2020, 07:50:41 PM
Put the worlds 23.7 billion chickens one on top of each other and they'd fill eighteen Olympic swimming pools the area of Wales.

wow, thats 18 time the sise of wales!

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Replies From View on June 21, 2020, 08:13:13 PM
Fly, can they.  Why did you bring up chickens as the main example of them.

chickens fly good, theryre just fat and lazy

NoSleep

Sounds like a recipe for another pandemic.

Butchers Blind

You hear statistics like this but has anyone had the balls to try it in practice.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 21, 2020, 03:45:12 PM
Look at this cunt

Couldn't even operate a smartphone.

Indeed.  And a carnivore?  Sure about that?  Give him a bucket of KFC or a full rack of ribs, he won't be able to fucking eat them will he.  Worst carnivore ever.

idunnosomename

did dinosaurs ever piss in a pint glass and drink it in 200 million years? no. terrible

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 21, 2020, 10:56:26 PM
did dinosaurs ever piss in a pint glass and drink it in 200 million years? no. terrible

because they don't live that long

they drink it in about three minutes

steve98

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 21, 2020, 03:45:12 PM
Look at this cunt

Any time. I'm not scared of daddy long-legs, and I'm not scared of that ugly meat-head.

[img width =400]https://i.imgur.com/eCA27HV.png[/img]

idunnosomename

Quote from: steve98 on June 22, 2020, 12:19:53 AM
Any time. I'm not scared of daddy long-legs, and I'm not scared of that ugly meat-head.

[img width =400]https://i.imgur.com/eCA27HV.png[/img]
check out this dunce olol

dissolute ocelot

Fairly sure it's whoever kills all the other animals, wins. Humans are way ahead of crappy dinosaurs who never established anything like our kill-anything-that's-not-a-coronavirus skills. A lot of the Mesozoic stuff you know and love weren't even dinosaurs, e.g. plesiosaurs, pterosaurs, to say nothing of trilobites, the spirally shell things, giant insects, dragons, the easter bunny, and big trees.

NoSleep

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 22, 2020, 11:28:23 AM
Fairly sure it's whoever kills all the other animals, wins.

Asteroids rule the Earth? or super-volcanoes?

Replies From View

Replies From View

In a game of top trumps what would win out of Linford Christie and a covid

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 21, 2020, 07:42:04 PM
Birds did evolve directly from a lineage of dinosaurs, the coelurosaurs to be precise

More like the cloaca-saurus.

Hehe, sick burn against the birds there. They're basically incontinent at both ends. They don't know their piss from their shit. The pea-brained idiots.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Replies From View on June 22, 2020, 12:47:39 PM
In a game of top trumps what would win out of Linford Christie and a covid

How big is the covid's cock and balls?

Thursday

Dinosaurs were 66 Million years weren't they? It's ridiculous. Humanity is basically Saved By the Bell: The New Class.