Author Topic: Fantasy NFL 2020  (Read 241 times)

maett

• Bukkake Nightmare
Fantasy NFL 2020
« on: June 21, 2020, 02:20:20 PM »
Will be an interesting season. Knee taking, possibly empty stadiums, Las Vegas Raiders, Brady and Gronk at the bucs, Miami's all new team, Chiefs improving, Browns buggering up in a myriad of ways and an election in the middle of the season.
 DrGreggles could you reactivate the league so I can start poncing about with drafts? Thanks a lot.

Re: Fantasy NFL 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 02:41:37 PM »
Not sure it's in place yet, but I usually get a notification from ESPN when it's good to go.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 04:21:49 PM »
Leagues are usually available to reopen in July I think.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 05:21:26 PM »
Would a fully-fit Newton be an upgrade on a past-it Brady for the Pats?

Fr.Bigley

• Shall I boil this kettle dry?
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 05:26:21 PM »
My NFL fantasy is watching unclad NFL players attempting a game of proper rugby league with the lads up north. Rhinos v Patriots.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 07:10:52 PM »
My NFL fantasy is watching unclad NFL players attempting a game of proper rugby league with the lads up north. Rhinos v Patriots.

The rugby players would be absolutely decimated.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 07:22:59 PM »
Depends what game they were playing. The rugby league players would very comfortably win a game of rugby league.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 07:25:21 PM »
Would a fully-fit Newton be an upgrade on a past-it Brady for the Pats?

Possibly, but the Patriots' offence has been built around Brady's strengths. i.e. accurate pocket passing. Which is not Newton's strength. So it'll be interesting to see how they change things if/when Cam plays.

Fr.Bigley

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 08:39:28 PM »
The rugby players would be absolutely decimated.

I'm talking about pure, unadulterated smashed in the face with a toothless grin levels of violence. 22 stone vs 190 pounds type rage. Janet Jacksons nipple slip vs Jane McDonald singing some shite. Its a no brainer because concussion is part and parcel of northern life. I put my money on league any day

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 08:47:18 PM »
I'm talking about pure, unadulterated smashed in the face with a toothless grin levels of violence. 22 stone vs 190 pounds type rage. Janet Jacksons nipple slip vs Jane McDonald singing some shite. Its a no brainer because concussion is part and parcel of northern life. I put my money on league any day

NFL players hit several orders of magnitude harder than rugby players, and many of them are dim enough that they would not notice the sudden loss of protective padding, ergo they would continue to hit dangerously hard and would demolish the rugby lads. No contest.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 08:57:08 PM »
Possibly, but the Patriots' offence has been built around Brady's strengths. i.e. accurate pocket passing. Which is not Newton's strength. So it'll be interesting to see how they change things if/when Cam plays.

It'll give them the option of a rushing QB though, which will allow them a bit of variation that Brady couldn't offer.

I suppose Belichick has earned the chance to be given the benefit of the doubt...

Fr.Bigley

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 09:01:29 PM »
I want to agree. I also want to disagree. I guess with athletes of that ilk, it's all a much of a muchness. I've seen some absolutely torrid injuries simply for the love of the game in league and the NFL and our lads they get paid not even a tenth for more work. Rugby a marathon, NFL  a relay. NFL is fast and more exciting when the  play is on but the stop start of it all is a metaphor for America...One long commercial with a tiny bit of content in the middle.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 09:20:58 PM »
NFL players hit several orders of magnitude harder than rugby players, and many of them are dim enough that they would not notice the sudden loss of protective padding, ergo they would continue to hit dangerously hard and would demolish the rugby lads. No contest.

https://youtu.be/MBjUJ4yaiCE - here's Jarryd Hayne, rugby league player, during his brief foray into the NFL.

They're completely different sports in terms of physical requirements. Rugby players are largely all-round athletes, capable of constant work for 80 minutes. NFL players are suited to explosive, short bursts of energy.

One area NFL players would struggle with enormously in rugby league is the ball handling. The level of ability in the NFL for picking up a loose ball is genuinely appalling, even amongst the 'skill' players. Which is understandable for the majority, given that they're basically never expected to touch the ball. But even the RBs and WRs, who can make ridiculous one-hand catches at times, go to bits as soon as the ball goes to the floor.

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 01:32:49 AM »
One area NFL players would struggle with enormously in rugby league is the ball handling. The level of ability in the NFL for picking up a loose ball is genuinely appalling, even amongst the 'skill' players. Which is understandable for the majority, given that they're basically never expected to touch the ball. But even the RBs and WRs, who can make ridiculous one-hand catches at times, go to bits as soon as the ball goes to the floor.

In your dreams, buddy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uqm9Gnd_FM

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 11:53:28 AM »
That's an interception. Not a loose ball on the ground.

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »
That's an interception. Not a loose ball on the ground.

It was a joke.

Though in all seriousness, with some practice a third tier NFL running back would hold his own against the best rugby players in the world.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 07:48:30 PM »
It was a joke.

Though in all seriousness, with some practice a third tier NFL running back would hold his own against the best rugby players in the world.

I thought corner-backs and safetys would probably be better but running backs may have the better staying power.
Last year Pats team wasn't really set-up for Brady who is on the downward trend. A fit Newton may offer more options and better suit some of the recently drafted wide receivers.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 08:01:36 PM »
It was a joke.

Assuming that's not another joke, they really, really wouldn't. In terms of athleticism they'd be brilliant, and that would probably be enough for them to play at a reasonable level. But that's probably the limit without years of practice,

Tags: