Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:23:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2020

Started by maett, June 21, 2020, 02:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

3 Wild Card games on Saturday, then 3 more on Sunday?
NOM NOM NOM!

El Unicornio, mang

My Bears through by the skin of their teeth (Cardinals loss), will be decimated by the Saints on Sunday.

maett

Well done Bastard Squad.  Aaron 'Bastard' Rodgers is truly a bastard among bastards, I've still not forgotten when he threw 5 TDs and ran for another last year, and yet again the bastard has racked up the points.

Bucs. Seahawks and Saints should cruise through on Saturday. The AFC looks a lot tighter,

DrGreggles

Quote from: maett on January 04, 2021, 05:27:33 PM
Bucs. Seahawks and Saints should cruise through on Saturday. The AFC looks a lot tighter,

The Bills should be OK, but the other two are difficult to call.
Steelers have no run game, and the Browns definitely do, so I can see that proving decisive.
Not a clue on Ravens @ Titans - but Derrick Henry seems to be at his bulldozing best whenever he faces the Ravens.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 04, 2021, 10:52:38 AM
Interesting stat: The Bucs finished 11-5, but only played 4 games against teams with winning records. They're 0-4 in those games. Flat track bullies?

Whilst the sentiment is possibly true, they beat the Packers very comfortably early in the season, so the stat isn't quite right.

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Ah, they've changed it now.

10-1 v non-winning records
1-4 v winning records

DrGreggles

Seahawks gorn!

Rams D were great, Wilson uncharacteristically sloppy.

DrGreggles

Astonishingly bad first quarter from the Steelers.
Certainly the worst I've seen in a playoff game - possibly the worst I've seen ever.

Big Ben simultaneously threw for 500 yards w/ 4 TDs and had an absolute stinker!

Divisional Round:
Rams @ Packers (Saturday 9:35pm)
Ravens @ Bills (Sunday 1:15am)
Browns @ Chiefs (Sunday 8:05pm)
Buccs @ Saints (Sunday 11:40pm)

maett

That first quarter was hilarious, not even the Browns could throw that opportunity away. Reminded me of the Brazil Germany semi-final, Steelers players looking around trying to understand what was happening. Lovely stuff. 14-0 up and the offensive had only run 3 plays. Go Browns!

El Unicornio, mang

Browns have certainly come a long way from their 2017/18 0-16 season. Think the Chiefs might  batter them though.

DrGreggles

They will, providing their defence doesn't self-destruct.
If a past it Big Ben can throw 500 yards against you, think of the damage Mahomes can do!

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 12, 2021, 02:11:23 PM
think of the damage Mahomes can do!

Unless he gets injured!

From looking like an easy KC win early on, Browns are within 1 score and with possession. 5 minutes left.

El Unicornio, mang

Damn, back-up QB coming through

DrGreggles

Yep, fair play to him for that scramble on 3rd and long.
Very Mahomes-esque.

maett

Bollocks, not only did the Browns not win, the world now has to watch a Mahomes less Chiefs do nothing against the Bills next week. Tossers.

Old Thrashbarg

Andy Reid is unreal. Never seen anything like that last play call. Unbelievable to even consider it.

DrGreggles

Quote from: maett on January 17, 2021, 11:13:45 PM
Bollocks, not only did the Browns not win, the world now has to watch a Mahomes less Chiefs do nothing against the Bills next week. Tossers.

Mahomes will be back next week.
He couldn't play the rest of tonight because of the NFL's concussion protocol.

Old Thrashbarg

Not easy to clear the protocol in a week though. He realistically has to display no symptoms over the next couple of days to have a chance.

Dex Sawash

1st quarter tripping call, don't think I've ever seen that. Didn't even know it was illegal.

ETA- fuck Brady

DrGreggles

Saints shot themselves in the foot in the playoffs AGAIN!

The Buccs were struggling on offence overall, but they got all 3 TDs from short fields following Saints turnovers.

Wrong time for Brees to have a bad day at the office. You have to wonder if it's the end of the road for him, taking into account his increased proneness to injuries as well.

Buccs D were excellent though - and you know what they say wins championships...

DrGreggles

Steelers sign Dwayne Haskins!

1 year contract. Probably to see if the potential can be realised, but not quite the QB I was hoping for.

Old Thrashbarg

Utterly bizarre decision from The Flower to basically concede the game with over two minutes left, within the Buccs 10 yard line.

DrGreggles

Yep, but if it wasn't for that dodgy PI call, GB would have had the ball back with plenty of time left.
So it was a bizarre decision, but not a full-on 'Pete Carroll'.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 24, 2021, 11:37:18 PM
Yep, but if it wasn't for that dodgy PI call, GB would have had the ball back with plenty of time left.
So it was a bizarre decision, but not a full-on 'Pete Carroll'.

Was only a dodgy call cause plenty of other blatant stuff of all manners wasn't called any game.

Uncle TechTip

I guess the jersey tug is a foul but still sickening. Maybe the dodgy decision to not go for TD wouldn't have mattered in the end, but we still should have stopped them, that Miller pass in particular. 2 yards of pace.

El Unicornio, mang

Probably the most expected superbowl match-up, but Brady v Mahomes is a mouthwatering prospect. Kind of rooting for the elder as he's about the same age as me and it's time these smug youngsters were shown their place.

DrGreggles

Matthew Stafford leaving the Lions.
Think he's a bloody good QB who had the misfortune to be drafted by one of the most consistently poor teams over the past decade.
Be nice for him if he went somewhere with a shot at the playoffs.

Hypothetical scenario:
Stafford to the 49ers
Jimmy G back to the Pats

Old Thrashbarg

Not sure if anyone here listens to the Around The NFL podcast, but Chris Wesseling passed away yesterday. Incredibly sad news. Especially on the eve of a Super Bowl he'd have been so excited to watch.

EOLAN

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on February 06, 2021, 10:51:17 PM
Not sure if anyone here listens to the Around The NFL podcast, but Chris Wesseling passed away yesterday. Incredibly sad news. Especially on the eve of a Super Bowl he'd have been so excited to watch.

Sad to hear. Noticed his absence recently and was still listening regularly when he was battling cancer.
Have to be some sort of tribute on Sky Sports tomorrow as they usually get the guys in.