Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:11:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2020

Started by maett, June 21, 2020, 02:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maett

That'll be 2 a.m Monday morning for me. Is there any chance of doing it Sunday morning around 10ish UK time? If not no problem I'll set up an auto draft thing.

Dex Sawash

How many points per positive covid test?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 01, 2020, 11:56:54 AM
How many points per positive covid test?

1 for every 10 yards of Covid

DrGreggles

Quote from: maett on September 01, 2020, 02:39:50 AM
That'll be 2 a.m Monday morning for me. Is there any chance of doing it Sunday morning around 10ish UK time? If not no problem I'll set up an auto draft thing.

I can do midday?

EOLAN

Yep anytime Sunday with notice is good for me.

maett

DrGreggles

Set for 1pm. Earliest it would allow.

Take a look at the scoring breakdown and let me know what you think.

Need more teams too!

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 01, 2020, 03:40:38 PM
Set for 1pm. Earliest it would allow.

Take a look at the scoring breakdown and let me know what you think.

Need more teams too!

Yep - seems ok. Slightly different to a standard league; so worth a study for anyone participating. Won't be as hyper last year for Special Teams but still bit more of a player than standard Leagues.

DrGreggles

Quote from: EOLAN on September 01, 2020, 04:12:26 PM
Won't be as hyper last year for Special Teams

There's still time to pump up the crazy!

DrGreggles

Leonard Fournette cut by the Jags!

No trade, just cut. Must be a salary cap decision, but it still seems weird for a multiple 1,000 yard rusher.

Old Thrashbarg

He's just not been a very good player (his stats being based on volume rather than efficiency/quality) and he's been disciplined multiple times for off-field stuff. Don't think there'll be any salary cap saving from cutting him now. He'll have had his guaranteed money for the last year of his rookie contact, which won't be much anyway, and then they'd already declined his fifth year option. So he was leaving after this season regardless, they just decided they'd rather he wasn't with the team this season.

DrGreggles

He's been OK at best for a #4 overall pick, but his stats have been decent. Had him in my fantasy team last season and he was pretty productive.
Leaves them short at RB though, especially with the season about to kick off. Any tasty FAs out there to replace him?

Old Thrashbarg

Devonta Freeman is still somehow without a team, so he's presumably the favourite. But as they look to be tanking to secure the first pick next year, maybe they'll just use it as a chance to see what they've got in their two youngsters.

DrGreggles

Sky Sports have got a new NFL channel*!
Hopefully they'll show full replays of the late games, rather than the rushed 1 hour edits.

*probably just showing the same content as the NFL Network

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 03, 2020, 07:14:23 PM
Sky Sports have got a new NFL channel*!
Hopefully they'll show full replays of the late games, rather than the rushed 1 hour edits.

*probably just showing the same content as the NFL Network
i would go for that as well. A lot of the punditry talk made out to be like a game-show or a fantasy draft; but there doesn't seem to be any thing on actual stake; as no predictions will be remembered within a day given how fast paced they go through it all.

DrGreggles

Need more teams before the draft...

EOLAN

Sent a memo out to some of my other fantasy crews. Presume we just playing for precious pride again this year. Suits me.

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

maett

That was fast and furious, barely had time to look at my notes, fortunately I didn't go ahead with the pizza while drafting idea.

Dex Sawash

Was cleaning garage, figured I would check in on later rounds, was over when I checked at 815

DrGreggles

Jets off to a flyer, I see.

If they were tanking (for the last decade), how would you be able to tell?

Dex Sawash

Oh, better check my roster out

DrGreggles

The current projection has you winning by 0.9 points!

DrGreggles

A few surprises last night - most notably Washington beating Philadelphia.
Didn't see Dallas losing either, but they should still comfortably win a pretty weak-looking NFC East.

Some noticeable bits and bobs:
-As predicted, Arizona look much stronger this year and will make the toughest division in the NFL even tougher.
-Cincinnati will need to protect Burrows far more than they did yesterday to have a chance of not finishing bottom of the AFC North again.
-New Orleans were very run heavy against Tampa Bay - Michael Thomas barely targeted at all.
-Green Bay's shoot-out with Minnesota was great fun - Rodgers remains one of the best QBs in the business.

El Unicornio, mang

What a bargain Cam Newton is for the Patriots! Earning 15 times less than Tom Brady.

DrGreggles

No one doubts his ability though, it's whether or not he'll stay fit for the season.

DrGreggles

If there's a better game this season than last night's Pats @ Seahawks then I'll eat my own arse!

Full replays on Sky NFL at 3pm and 9pm today, if you didn't see it.

El Unicornio, mang

Dammit I fell asleep. Bears (my team) v Giants was decent enough though.

Might check out the Raiders game tonight, interested to see the new Las Vegas digs. Almost $2 billion to build that thing!

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 21, 2020, 11:24:53 AM
If there's a better game this season than last night's Pats @ Seahawks then I'll eat my own arse!

Full replays on Sky NFL at 3pm and 9pm today, if you didn't see it.

Yep was a cracking game. Russell Wilson played it immense and was perfectly in tandem with his runners for some of the big plays. Adams like a man possessed on a super pumped up defence. A lot of positives for Patriots in defeat as well. Newton growing into the role and bringing his own skills to the position. Haven't heard any Pats fans that were upset earlier.

Falcons v Cowboys was a super fun game too. Atlanta took no precautions for the ball becoming active on the on-side kick. Should have stood slightly in front of ten yard line and cover ball when came close to crossing.