Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:01:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy NFL 2020

Started by maett, June 21, 2020, 02:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: EOLAN on September 21, 2020, 01:53:21 PM
Yep was a cracking game. Russell Wilson played it immense and was perfectly in tandem with his runners for some of the big plays. Adams like a man possessed on a super pumped up defence. A lot of positives for Patriots in defeat as well. Newton growing into the role and bringing his own skills to the position. Haven't heard any Pats fans that were upset earlier.

The Pats' defence against the pass might be of concern, compared to last season anyway. They'll still win the division, as long as Newton stays fit.

Anyone see the Chiefs' (surprisingly close) game against the Chargers? The way Mahomes led that 2 minute drive to take it to OT was so impressive. Almost Brady-esque, dare I say...

DrGreggles

FFS... I know there's been a lot of injuries so far this season, but I've now lost all of my starting WRs! Hopefully there's a few hidden gems available on the Free Agency list.

Dex Sawash

Made my first lineup adjustment today.

EOLAN

Was keeping switching between Prescott and Ryan for my starting QB option. Went with Ryan who got 70 points less and lost by 10. I kept switching so much I actually thought I ended up playing Prescott. Didn't even consider starting the Mahomes guy off my bench.

DrGreggles

Prescott or Mahomes are both decent calls to start regularly - fantasy points machines the pair of them.

I'm starting to feel like a curse. Lost 4 starters to injury in 3 weeks!

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 29, 2020, 02:16:13 PM
Prescott or Mahomes are both decent calls to start regularly - fantasy points machines the pair of them.

I'm starting to feel like a curse. Lost 4 starters to injury in 3 weeks!

Matt Ryan similarly; especially with his poor defence. Did factor in the Chicago defence but apparently sticking with him. Thought Chiefs was going to be a lot more cagey. Best first quarter offensively they have produced in quite a while.

DrGreggles

The Packers seem to have adopted the Keegan approach this season too.

Dex Sawash

Brady was brilliant at the end, the twat.

DrGreggles

He's only been playing in the NFL for 20 years - you can't expect him to know how many downs you get!

Maybe it never happened in all those years with the Pats, as there was usually a defensive penalty flagged before they reached 4th down...

DrGreggles

Impressive stuff from the Raiders.

DrGreggles

Steelers 4-0 for the first time in 41 years!
A rather surprising stat.

DrGreggles

Looks like Dak Prescott will be out for a while.
Hopefully it was a clean break, but I'd be surprised if he hasn't fucked his ligaments.

DrGreggles

Chiefs sign Le'Veon Bell.

Old Thrashbarg

I can see why they would want some extra depth at running back, but I don't think he's a better runner than CEH at this point.

DrGreggles

Great backup RB to have, but Bell should be at his peak right now.
Should really be a first choice somewhere.

EOLAN

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on October 16, 2020, 08:53:17 PM
I can see why they would want some extra depth at running back, but I don't think he's a better runner than CEH at this point.

Maybe not as good fantasy wide; but can add a lot more in blocking and open further paths for the passing game.

Dex Sawash

Picked up Brees a few weeks ago to cover this week's R Wilson bye. Went to plug him in this am and, oh fuck.

DrGreggles

Derrick Henry - fucking hell!

DrGreggles

Dave Benson-Philips has asked me to remind you that the early games start at 5pm today.

DrGreggles

Is there a Falcons curse that I'm unaware of?

DrGreggles

Some tasty games this weekend.

I suspect the Steelers' unbeaten run will end in Baltimore.
The unpredictable Raiders v the unpredictable Browns should be fun, whatever happens.
Recent meetings between Seattle and the 49ers suggest that another good one should be on the cards.
And, even though it's week 8, the Patriots are arguably in 'must win' territory at Buffalo.

Plenty of credible lock-in shouts too, if accumulators are your thing.
Tennessee @ Cincinnati
Minnesota @ Green Bay
Jets @ Kansas City
Tampa Bay @ Giants

DrGreggles

Excellent win for the Steelers

Pats lose (4th game in a row!) with a Cam fumble in the Red Zone with 30 seconds left

Bengals and Vikings with shock wins

Dex Sawash

Thought I would leave D Cook on the bench another week, 4 TDs.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 01, 2020, 09:54:02 PM
Thought I would leave D Cook on the bench another week, 4 TDs.

To be fair, that performance came out of nowhere.

Meanwhile, 'Vic Fangio and his Defence' sounds like a funk band, rather than Denver Broncos' defensive coordinator and some of their players.

El Unicornio, mang

If you think you're having a bad fantasy NFL week...

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/30208828/negated-chicago-bears-sack-leads-daily-fantasy-player-losing-1-million-prize

In other news, Javon Wims inexplicable display last night. Bears somehow 5-3 despite being appalling, I feel the last two games are the start of a long losing steak for us.

https://twitter.com/barstoolchicago/status/1323042718029930497

Dex Sawash

Foles was terrible. Can't imagine Trubisky would have been worse.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 02, 2020, 12:17:12 AM
To be fair, that performance came out of nowhere.

Meanwhile, 'Vic Fangio and his Defence' sounds like a funk band, rather than Denver Broncos' defensive coordinator and some of their players.

Definitely would have had Cooks starting; Cooks has been dominant on the ground. True he was recovering from his injury but had a nice break. Green Bay are one of the worst defences against the run. OK against the pass with Cousins seeming to be shot.  Although the actual performance and stats return was phenomenal.

EOLAN

Forgot to moan that Sky Sports Mix cut short the Red Zone coverage with Saints/Bears going into overtime; and the main channel after the end of the 49ers/Seahawks game wasn't really following it.
Had to show an Ian Wright half hour piece that has probably been on a 100 times instead.

DrGreggles

Probably not Sky's call. Red Zone ends at 1am UK time, regardless of whether a match is still going on or not.
It happened a few weeks ago too.

Old Thrashbarg

It cut out for a few minutes on Mix, then it came back again for the rest of Redzone, showing the overtime. And then cut away again just as the closing touchdown montage was about to start.