Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shit T-Shirts (Yet Again)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, June 21, 2020, 05:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

This is the third shit t-shirts thread I've started so I'm clearly a bit obsessed with them, but it's been four years since the last one so I thought I'd begin again rather than bumping an old thread, if only because while looking at RedBubble yesterday I came across these two monstrosities:

(That's the three leads from Bored To Death for anyone who's not seen the show, and supposedly Zach Galifianakis, Jason Schwartzman and Ted Danson)

Anyone spotted any others recently?

What is shit about that NFY shirt? I want one immediately!

PlanktonSideburns

yea the bottom ones shocking, but the nathan for you one, - im in

Small Man Big Horse

You've both gone mad, no one looks like their real life counterparts in it at all!

PlanktonSideburns

yea thats the joy of it - its totally shite

PlanktonSideburns

Small Man Big Horse

I'm confused by this one, as I'm not convinced there are many fans of all three:

Edit: There are about a thousand Rick and Morty t-shirts where the art is impressive, but this also exists:

Gradual Decline

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

www.redbubble.com/shop/jodie+comer+t-shirts

To be fair, a lot of these designs aren't that shit, but I'd happily wear that " classic" one, designed by Crisan, displaying that fetching drawing of Her Who Plays Villanelle. I'd make sure it was a size too small too, exposing a tantalising slice of my lovely midriff.
When all this coroneavirus nonsense is over, I would like to suggest a mass meeting of all the boys and girls of CaB, each one wearing their own individual t-shirt shirt of choice from the above array of designs, wouldn't that be grand?

That " Weeping Mary" one's a corker, too.

Dex Sawash

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 21, 2020, 06:12:22 PM
I'm confused by this one, as I'm not convinced there are many fans of all three:

not a massive fan of most of those, but again, i would wear that one, just for the dissonance of the thing. i could use you as my personal t-shirt shopper if you went out and got the worst of it i recon

buttgammon

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 21, 2020, 06:05:05 PM

would still get this n all

I nearly bought one of these, but was put off after seeing at least two people actually wearing them in university.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: buttgammon on June 21, 2020, 08:08:42 PM
I nearly bought one of these, but was put off after seeing at least two people actually wearing them in university.

yea they got popular them didn't they?

buttgammon

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 21, 2020, 08:09:51 PM

I've no idea how but they really did!

flotemysost

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 21, 2020, 08:09:51 PM

I think it's the recent ironic/hipster-ish obsession with Weird Weekends-era Louis Theroux among younger millennials, I saw a few people wearing that T-shirt or similar variations at Glastonbury in 2017.

PlanktonSideburns

wonder how much bosto would pay for a shirt that says

'get vented'

on it, - maybe with some sort of bullet hell detail around the collar

Icehaven

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 21, 2020, 06:12:22 PM

A while ago there seemed to be loads of pictures of this kind of thing doing the rounds on social media, like this

or this kind of thing:

Most were clearly deliberate/mock ups but it's preferable to think some were genuine mistakes.

jobotic

Can you get a Covid-19 World Tour 2020 t-shirt yet?

Icehaven

Quote from: jobotic on June 21, 2020, 09:41:00 PM
Can you get a Covid-19 World Tour 2020 t-shirt yet?

Yep

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I was going to post something facetious along the lines of "where's my loss T-shirt" but they actually exist

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/LOSS-by-Aytrex/21732673.WFLAH

Pseudopath

I'm sorry, but this one still makes me laugh:

Inspector Norse

Quote from: icehaven on June 21, 2020, 09:39:15 PM
A while ago there seemed to be loads of pictures of this kind of thing doing the rounds on social media, pictures of Hanson with Nirvana written underneath, or this kind of thing:

Most were clearly deliberate/mock ups but it's preferable to think some were genuine mistakes.

flotemysost

I remember these doing the rounds in the late 90s/early 00s:

The Playboy bunny logo and those t-shirts with handprints over the tits were pretty popular too as I recall.

Found the above image while looking for this absolute fucking abomination, which I remember coveting as a 10-year-old:

The Crumb

Absolute classic from the world of wrestling.

H-O-W-L

Always felt these were baffling but I would 100% wear one.

If hedgehog90 designed a t-shirt around the.real.sonic.the.hedgehog, I'd buy it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Whoa guys! Step back, it's full, he's ready to blow

Cross-posting this from the Viz thread: