Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shit T-Shirts (Yet Again)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, June 21, 2020, 05:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

Small Man Big Horse

Bernice

My Other T-Shirt Bears A Witty Slogan

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 21, 2020, 06:05:05 PM

The image on the left is reversed. That's the only thing wrong with it though.

Quote from: buttgammon on June 21, 2020, 08:08:42 PM
I nearly bought one of these, but was put off after seeing at least two people actually wearing them in university.

Did you see anyone wearing this one?

buttgammon

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on June 22, 2020, 11:50:56 AM
Did you see anyone wearing this one?

Thankfully not, but it wouldn't surprise me to be honest - the people wearing the other one were young enough to probably only have a dim idea who Savile was.

Despite being a fan of Weird Weekends, the thing that drew me to the (first) t-shirt was less retro Louis than the old BBC logo, which haunted me for years when it was at the start of every BBC VHS.

Blue Jam

Twonty Gostelow

I know the lost in translation Asian shirts are a cheap laugh but I still find this one oddly compelling:

Small Man Big Horse

One for fans of The Golden Girls and Guns N' Roses here, the idea's not a terrible one but it's let down by some awful art.

PlanktonSideburns

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 22, 2020, 09:26:27 PM
One for fans of The Golden Girls and Guns N' Roses here, the idea's not a terrible one but it's let down by some awful art.

Peter Cook at the top of the cross looking particularly miffed, there.

boki

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 22, 2020, 10:19:56 PM
Peter Cook at the top of the cross looking particularly miffed, there.
Bernie Sanders doesn't look too chuffed about being plonked on the bottom, either.

flotemysost

Quote from: Head Gardener on June 22, 2020, 08:29:59 AM
the motherload

This reminds me of all the various weirdly personalised things you come across in charity shops - I mean, I absolutely love charity shops but I always imagine someone looking at their Steve's Magaluf Big One June '09!!! T-shirt and thinking, 'hmm, guess I haven't worn this one for a while... but I bet it'll be right up someone else's street!'

In fact I've hung on to a T-shirt I got made for the hen party of someone I no longer talk to, for that very reason - never even wear it round the house but I wouldn't want to burden a shop with it, as much as I'm sure some random stranger would love to wear a picture of my gurning face and a crude slogan (they were all different, think mine was LET ME GUZZLE YOUR CHODE or something equally crass) in lurid Comic Sans.

imitationleather

Ah I'd love to own someone else's stag weekend t-shirt.

So much that I've just asked my charity shop-managing girlfriend to put any she gets donated aside for me.

Polymorphia

A t-shirt referencing A Warning To The Curious. Legendary

Brian Freeze

Quote from: flotemysost on June 26, 2020, 07:51:52 PM
This reminds me of all the various weirdly personalised things you come across in charity shops - I mean, I absolutely love charity shops but I always imagine someone looking at their Steve's Magaluf Big One June '09!!! T-shirt and thinking, 'hmm, guess I haven't worn this one for a while... but I bet it'll be right up someone else's street!'

We get lots of these in the rag bundles we buy for work, I think I'm right in saying that charity shops can increase their extortionate profits by sending off the unsellable clothes to rag makers. Not sure why yours are puttting it on hangers instead.

As a lifelong skip diver I keep wanting to take half of the interesting scraps home and make something fabulous out of them.
Never do, but did have a pale blue arm hole section of an XL t shirt for cleaning the inside of the car windows.
The kids knicked it off me as soon as they saw it and its now an essential part of their dressing up box. Ive frequently taken Jesus's mother shopping with me.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 21, 2020, 05:13:41 PM

Why are Nathan and Bill Gates so many of them holding guns?!?!

Either way, I'd probably get one.

Dex Sawash

Cant find an image but 1979-80 15 year old me wanted to order from the back of Rolling Stone the tshirt referencing the Cincinnati concert crowd crush "I'd walk over you to see The Who"
Mom says no.