Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,206
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:26:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Q1 Pandemic Health Checkup

Started by peanutbutter, June 22, 2020, 06:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

3 months into lockdown officially, seems like a good time for everyone to check in with their bodies! How has your body been handling it? Any things youd normally go to the doctor about but have been putting off? Do you think your reasoning for putting it off is valid?

I seem mostly okay, asides from being constipated more, not even sure what in my diet is causing that? Could it somehow just be dehydration

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 22, 2020, 06:19:40 AM
asides from being constipated more

It's a long shot, but last year I got massive constipation from taking Vitamin B Complex tablets.  Thought it might be a good jdea to take some vitamins, turned out it wasn't.  Binned them.

dissolute ocelot

Luckily my doctor's so shit, you could go in with a severed limb and they'd tell you "come back in 6 weeks, and we'll see how it's getting on". Truly horrific how people (much worse than me) can be refused medical care for years by shitty GPs.

Blue Jam

Been cooking healthy food and eating lots of fruit and veg but washing it allbdown with too much wine, will be cycling to werk soon so I'd better knock that on the head.

Struggling with exercise tbh. A few weeks in I was thinking "This is great! I can do all my exercise watching YouTube workouts and I can cancel my gym membership!" but working out at home is no substitute for gymming.

The only thing I'm worried about is feeling tired all the time. That's been going on for a couple of weeks now and I'm hoping it'll sort itself out when I'm back at werk.

thenoise

I'm pretty used to not going out at this point. In fact, a number of friends have asked me to meet up in a social distance way at a local park, and I really can't be fucked. Can't I just WhatsApp video call you from my sofa again?

Went for a longish walk thr other day and felt absolutely exhausted after it, so I think my health has suffered. Managed notbtp gain anh weight through a huge dietary effort, and the fact that I only shop once a week and ive usually eaten the weeks junk food by the middle of day 2, forcing me to have 5 days a week healthy eating.

Have quite a lot of money left over compared to our usual spending, which is nice. Not enough to counter the upcoming depression and/or us both being sacked in the next 6 months.

Baby is going nuts, desperate to play with other toddlers. When I show him another baby on my phone he squeals with delight and tries to pet at the screen with his little hand. Poor thing.

MojoJojo

Quote from: thenoise on June 22, 2020, 02:46:34 PMWhen I show him another baby on my phone he squeals with delight and tries to pet at the screen with his little hand. Poor thing.

Sounds like you need to feed them more.

peanutbutter

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 22, 2020, 10:56:28 AM
It's a long shot, but last year I got massive constipation from taking Vitamin B Complex tablets.  Thought it might be a good jdea to take some vitamins, turned out it wasn't.  Binned them.
Hmmm... this is actually possible! It's the first time in my life I've been routinely taking multivitamin tablets

Quote from: thenoise on June 22, 2020, 02:46:34 PM
Went for a longish walk thr other day and felt absolutely exhausted after it, so I think my health has suffered
Done a 12 mile walk last week that damn near killed me, which is pretty bad when I've walked that length on several occasions on summer days after work in previous years.

Exercise bike has been good at not letting me totally fall off though. Whenever someone calls or whatever I hop up on it to burn some energy away.

Icehaven

I've definitely put weight on, although my clothes still fit so it's not loads but I can definitely see and feel it (I've gained a chin). I'll be walking to and from work when I go back though so hopefully that'll mitigate it a bit, although if McD's is open for breakfast by then maybe not.

flotemysost

I seem to have somehow lost weight despite eating loads of shit, which I suspect is actually my muscles withering away from sitting around on my arse most of the time, and also because I'm not drinking millions of pints of beer on nights out. I also don't have to walk up many stairs at the moment and I don't have space in my bedroom to do squats, so my arse itself is currently a sad, flaccid affair.

Keep forgetting to put on suncream before I go out for walks/to the shop so I'm quite brown/burnt at the moment. Being tanned and slimmer sounds nice but tbh I just feel like I've aged loads, turning liver-spotted and hatchet-faced as the days go by.

Went to the doctors for the first time since lockdown for a smear test today - feeling a bit anxious as the last one was abnormal, but at least I can say I don't have any sign of corona.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: flotemysost on June 22, 2020, 09:09:28 PM
corona.

Quote(slidkrans in Swedish).   

Definitely asking for one of those at Ikea

Blue Jam

How can you tell if you've got exercise-induced asthma or you're just an out of shape fat fuck? I cycled to werk today (3 miles) and was fine most of the way but going up a steep bit near my destination I started to feel very tight-chested and light-headed and had to stop and get my breath back. It felt like I was having an attack of some kind anyway. Was fine coming back for some reason even though the journey home is mostly uphill.

I have never liked aerobic exercise because it makes me feel out of breath and a bit sick but until now I had assumed that was just normal.

I really could just be out of shape though- going from my regular gym sessions and non-sedentary job to sitting on my arse watching Netflix all day probably hasn't helped.

Blue Jam

Just had a phone consultation with my GP and have been prescribed a salbutamol inhaler and a peak flow meter so I can diagnose myself. Got a new nerdy project to have some fun with!

Hmmmm, I don't want to go out like poor Stuart Baggs, bit scared tbh.

ASFTSN

Got my usual earwax buildup making me half deaf (would normally go and get it syringed/microsuctioned but fuck that right now) but apart from that not doing badly. Free weights without a rack for exercise in the home is a bit annoying though.

George Oscar Bluth II

I dunno if this is just me but I was really, really anxious about all this in February/March. I was one of the people who was reading all the stuff about Wuhan and then watching all those videos from Lombardia etc etc and it fucked me up to the point I just didn't sleep for more than a couple of hours a night for about two weeks. Felt awful to see the catastrophe coming and for the govt to be doing fuck all about it.

It sort of felt like having advance knowledge of 9/11 or something and being unable to stop it.

Then as soon as we went into lockdown I was...fine. Sleeping better than ever (although having insanely vivid dreams, like everyone else), exercising more (amazing what you can do with a few more hours a day when you're half working from home), eating healthier...

ASFTSN

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 30, 2020, 11:26:17 AMSleeping better than ever

Had this when I was lockdown'd but not working for a week, since I'd already had the holiday booked off. Best sleep I've ever had since I was a kid.

Since then it's slowly going back to normal (i.e. shite)

Blue Jam

Cycled to werk again today, started gasping for breath a bit, tried out the inhaler, it worked a treat. Looks like my lungs are definitely fucked then. Arsecakes.

As my GP said, getting my fitness levels up should also be part of the plan. Going to keep up the cycling until the gyms are open again.