Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:12:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner V: The Dream(ed up) Child (molestors): A New Carbon-era

Started by madhair60, June 22, 2020, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

New thread for chronicling the bizarre fixation and latent Transphobia of twitter's favourite son, Graham Linehan

madhair60

Catch-up: an episode of The IT Crowd was transphobic. Instead of going "oh yeah that was a bit rum I suppose, soz", Graham has decided the problem is in fact that trans people share the earth with him, and has sacrificed his career and family to (so far unsuccessfully) bully and belittle trans people on Twitter. We now join our raving maniac already in progress

Retinend

Some recent retweets to get us in the mood:

unfollowing Glinner is male privilege.

LGBT is a zero sum game.

Trans people are basically racist murderers.

idunnosomename

But what if I were to REMOVE MY MALE GENITALIA and disguise MY HIGHER BONE DENSITY? oh hoho ho! delightfully devilish, Seymour!

apopheniac

Using Get Out to garner sympathy for white women is so on-the-nose it makes me laugh.

phantom_power

They really do think men are going to transition just so they can encroach on sacred female spaces and experiences don't they? Not that those people see themselves as female, but that they just want to be even more misogynist than usual

earl_sleek

Quote from: madhair60 on June 22, 2020, 10:29:31 AM
Catch-up: an episode of The IT Crowd was transphobic. Instead of going "oh yeah that was a bit rum I suppose, soz", Graham has decided the problem is in fact that trans people share the earth with him, and has sacrificed his career and family to (so far unsuccessfully)

This is what's hilarious for me. So far, the quantifiable contributions this maniac has made to the transphobia cause are:

Prompt hbomberguy to raise £270,000 for Mermaids.
Inspire people to research 'gender-critical' arguments and realise they're a mad old load of toot.
Ensure that a monomaniacal, unpleasant, bullying, borderline-libellous incel is one of the faces of transphobia.

In terms of impact he's probably a better ally to transpeople than any of us.

Ferris

Barry Admin

Quote from: earl_sleek on June 22, 2020, 11:29:38 AM
This is what's hilarious for me. So far, the quantifiable contributions this maniac has made to the transphobia cause are:

Prompt hbomberguy to raise £270,000 for Mermaids.
Inspire people to research 'gender-critical' arguments and realise they're a mad old load of toot.
Ensure that a monomaniacal, unpleasant, bullying, borderline-libellous incel is one of the faces of transphobia.

In terms of impact he's probably a better ally to transpeople than any of us.

Ahhhh, yeah, thanks, I needed this. I got too focused on the impact he has had, and it depresses me to think of all the Glincels going round hassling celebs at his behest, trying to radicalise them and get them to join in the bullying, hatred and demonisation. He's managed to finally get JK fucking Rowling to properly engage with this shit too.

So it's good to see it this way and remember his many failings, and how professionally isolated he has become, thanks.

Laughed out loud at the thread title, another cracker madhair.

here4glinner

most sensible people both dislike and ignore Glinner. If you engage with him or his followers, it might be disheartening to see that it seems like he's more popular than his detractors, but that's because it's only the truly committed that would engage with him more than once per fiscal quarter, most people who reply to him are his fans, and he actively blocks those who criticise him.

This is a good tweet to show just how isolated he is, and how the Twitter userbase is overwhelmingly opposed to him: https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/1271920164288770050

bgmnts

Problem is though, I wonder if it'll just give an actual argument to all the billions of regular people who presumably dont care about the issues or visit Twitter regularly, who hate trans people because "eww gross", "well, just because" and "not natural."

Thomas

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 22, 2020, 12:12:15 PM
He's managed to finally get JK fucking Rowling to properly engage with this shit too.

Did he definitely contribute to her statement? Or did she come to it independently?

Have they ever interacted (beyond Graham tagging her every five minutes to ask Tim Minchin or Paddy McGuinness or Martin Luther King III what they 'think of this JK Rowling business')?

here4glinner

Maybe instead of trying to make sure that all self-described progressive lefties are on-board with the 'woke' viewpoint, we should instead try to convince people that this is also the natural reactionary right-winger viewpoint.

"These snowflakes, insisting that toilets and changing rooms are ridiculous 'safe spaces'! They actually want to ban people from having a wee, and one of their favourite justifications is making sure that fundamentalist Muslim women don't have to share a space with so-called 'male born' people (who all us regular folk have called trans women for years!).

Trying to stop people from living their lives - trying to tread on people's 'freedom' - all in the guise of their own brand of feminism. It's certainly not the feminism I remember, that was about making sure women got a fair crack of the whip and got to do what they liked, not kow-towing to sissies who think 'every man is dangerous' and are scared of their own shadows, and changing the rules of society so it's closer to Shariah Law!"

Like, they appropriate the language of 'wokeness' to suit their own reactionary bigotry, because they only get challenged by progressive lefties. A traditional right-winger would just think 'trans people are different from my family and therefore I don't care about them one way or the other, or perhaps I slightly distrust them.'

Get Piers Morgan or Jeremy Clarkson or some Sun columnist to expand the above into 500 words and it'd really help.

idunnosomename

people who live in glass houses shouldn't film themselves in it on YouTube so everyone can make fun of how shitty it is

Barry Admin

Quote from: Thomas on June 22, 2020, 12:34:59 PM
Did he definitely contribute to her statement? Or did she come to it independently?

Have they ever interacted (beyond Graham tagging her every five minutes to ask Tim Minchin or Paddy McGuinness or Martin Luther King III what they 'think of this JK Rowling business')?

I mean, who knows for sure mate, and I really appreciate here4glinner's post that details Linehan's shitey engagement rates.

BUT... I do think he is influential to some - beyond Sian - and as he and Rowling both follow each other, I do also believe his toxic bullshit has helped radicalise her and convince her to finally get properly into the fight. Bear in mind how incestuous the whole terf subculture is.

I see Linehan's malign influence now in Posie Parker's videos as well; when she isn't hawking her range of transphobic merch, she's invariably calling on people to hassle "blue tick males" on Twitter, and encourage them to jump aboard the hatewagon.

I will say this: I've had a lot of experience with people like Linehan, who are disordered, abusive wannabe cult leaders, and I know how effective they can be, and the sort of people who do react to them, and why, and Rowling does seem to fit the mould. Graham has been publicly love-bombing the absolute shit out of her.

sevendaughters

boring housekeeping to OP: can we have all the links to other threads housed in that post?

tao of wub

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 22, 2020, 01:07:03 PM
BUT... I do think he is influential to some

He was certainly influential enough for the BBC to platform him on Newsnight and let him boohoo about his views costing him work.

Regardless of his actual engagement on various platforms, some will prop up their own ideological position just from a superficial knowledge of him being in accord and somebody who is on the TV.

There are a lot of very good arguments why people like Glinner are wrong, but for many, his headline grabbing statements referencing  Nazi experimentation  will be as far as they can be bothered to think. 

Hate propaganda is powerful stuff and some are all to happy to be seduced by it.  The easy path for them.

Glinner is really the one who is the Groomer here it would seem and also the one doing what comes easy rather than right.

On a lighter note, I was in a long line for the toilets at a club years ago (around the time of series 3 of Father Ted) and a woman came into the men's, parted the que, hopped up onto the counter and pissed in a sink with a cheeky smile! 

Nobody got raped and a lot of us laughed, impressed with her balls, (metaphorical balls, if there were actual testicles involved then perhaps she should have been queing too?  Oh shit, now I don't know what to think.  If only there was some group of people who are obsessed with other peoples genitals, gender and what toilet they are using that I could turn to to solve this conundrum...)

Barry Admin

Quote from: tao of wubThere are a lot of very good arguments why people like Glinner are wrong, but for many, his headline grabbing statements referencing  Nazi experimentation  will be as far as they can be bothered to think. 

Hate propaganda is powerful stuff and some are all to happy to be seduced by it.  The easy path for them.

Aye, you're right. Look at all the cunts who think Ash Sarkar posting orange emojis has some deeper, twisted significance, even though it occurred before the bloody stabbings even took place.

jobotic

The fact she posted it before the stabbings took place shows that she was in on it.

You see?

Josef K

Quote from: Chollis on June 22, 2020, 11:27:14 AM
should be Altered Carbon-era

Had to explain the whole glinner saga and this thread to my girlfriend after she found me in hysterics at this. Now she thinks I have an unhealthy obsession with another man's unhealthy obsession. And she's right

PlanktonSideburns

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: here4glinner on June 22, 2020, 12:49:46 PM
Maybe instead of trying to make sure that all self-described progressive lefties are on-board with the 'woke' viewpoint, we should instead try to convince people that this is also the natural reactionary right-winger viewpoint.

I mean, we can't point out every day that Alliance LGB are funded by Christ-stain armageddonists or that lawyers going after LGBTI people are also anti-abortion, nor on the previous thread that Republican nutbags are quoting JK Rowling on her TERF screed?

Just remember that the Horse is a Chair.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I hope this new thread can proceed in a civil manner, without so many offensive remarks about racecars.

Ornlu

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 22, 2020, 01:52:46 PM
even though it occurred before the bloody stabbings even took place.

Won't derail this any further I SWEAR but it was posted at ~10pm wasn't it?

(I could believe the picture was taken well before the stabbings, as it looked fairly bright. But the post was made at that time. Unless I'm mistaken.)

Thursday

Yeah, it doesn't change Barry's point anyway, but it was posted after even though the picture was taken before.