Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:27:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner V: The Dream(ed up) Child (molestors): A New Carbon-era

Started by madhair60, June 22, 2020, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheddyian

I've come to all this very late, as I've largely been ignoring it. I used to follow him on Twitter but stopped a long time back as his rants made me uncomfortable.

Following his twitter ban I've been reading back through these threads with mirth and despair.

Also confusion. Can someone tell me, or point to the thread/post : Is Glindr actually his own social media service? That he set up to rival twitter???

Thanks

Blue Jam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 01, 2020, 01:08:12 PM
I would probably agree if left to his own devices Legend Gary is probably not creepy to women on a one to one basis barring shitty practical jokes

Aye, I think you're right there. Legend Gary would sew all your knickers into a functional lasso but he would blame it on Pubes Daz.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Purple Toupee on July 01, 2020, 01:00:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4jQxBPZkQM&feature=youtu.be&t=55

Graham sounding a tad unhinged here. Still hasn't tidied that bookshelf either.
thumbnail gave me a fright

Why bother with lights when you can just illuminate your clammy face with a computer screen at 3am

Barry Admin

Quote from: sheddyian on July 01, 2020, 01:11:22 PM
I've come to all this very late, as I've largely been ignoring it. I used to follow him on Twitter but stopped a long time back as his rants made me uncomfortable.

Following his twitter ban I've been reading back through these threads with mirth and despair.

Also confusion. Can someone tell me, or point to the thread/post : Is Glindr actually his own social media service? That he set up to rival twitter???

Thanks

Yes, he set it up back in December as a "lifeboat" as he knew he'd eventually get banned from Twitter. Yet after being banned, he's tried to act confused as to why that might occur, and has lied his ass off.

He also described Glindr as a way to keep in touch with terfs who got thrown off Twitter for terfing ("The Disappeared", which is a really cunty term for an Irish bloke to co-opt), but none of them seem to use it. So it's basically just a full-on cult of personality thing which Linehan has hardly bothered with himself, given that it doesn't provide nearly as much dopamine as Twitter, and doesn't allow him to directly bully celebrities or organise pile-ons etc.

Quote from: Linehan"So as to be not so dependent on this crap website moderated by women-hating incels, I am launching GLINDR!

"It's my own personal web hole! Come! Sit! Eat! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet but when I do figure it out...hoo boy! Fireworks!"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 01, 2020, 01:11:38 PM
Aye, I think you're right there. Legend Gary would sew all your knickers into a functional lasso but he would blame it on Pubes Daz.

Although Legend Gary would take credit for the sewing skills (where relevant) and point to the 2 hour night class workshop they both attended in Dewsbury in order to 'upskill', where they learned their craft (and attached a swastika appliqué to the course leader's coat.)

Quote from: apopheniac on July 01, 2020, 11:53:55 AM
As for Glinner, I do worry that people will think he's changed, just because he's keeping his obsessive bullying to group conversations instead of out in the open. You had to see his awful twitter feed to really get a feel for how awful he was, I think. So hopefully he doesn't regain a platform that way.

That's an interesting point. But I don't think people will think he's changed, for the simple reason I don't think the wider public will think of him at all anymore. Stripped of his Twitter account, he's got nothing. No power, no influence, no recent achievements of any kind (which is almost impressive for a devoted "activist"). Might as well close his wiki entry because he's basically done.

And what I love about the Twitter ban is that it's cast-iron confirmation of what a small following he actually has. Having 600k followers was unnerving as it gave him credibility in the eyes of the world, and with that came an influential platform, which he used to bully and harass powerless people. But now it's page eight of the Emperor's New Clothes and Glinner can't conceal the fact he's got fuck all to separate him from the other insane TERF wankers howling into the online void. And based on how it's gone so far he'll be given appropriately short shrift.

Bye Graham. Don't let the toilet door hit you on the way out.

Blumf

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 01, 2020, 01:13:35 PM
thumbnail gave me a fright

Woman enters the toilet, locks the door behind her, lifts up the lid, and up pops...

..."Just checking everything's in order, down there. Can't be too careful!"

Thomas

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 01, 2020, 01:19:54 PM
("The Disappeared", which is a really cunty term for an Irish bloke to co-opt)

Come now, Barry, surely you remember those dark days when the Provos took control of Twitter and banned a handful of twits.

@miamishowband what do you think to this JK Rowling business

dothestrand

Even if you're a signed up TERF, would you just not consider Linehan to be an absolute weirdo? He's a hindrance to your cause.

here4glinner

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on July 01, 2020, 01:25:00 PM
That's an interesting point. But I don't think people will think he's changed, for the simple reason I don't think the wider public will think of him at all anymore.

Good point. Even the alt righters proclaiming free speech means obligatory platforms don't care about him enough to mention him. Any who recall his name remember him hating them in Gamergate or his ill treatment and censorious attitude towards Dankula. He lost all good will aside from the most committed transphobes and if anyone mentions his name in defence of some noble concept, they may well be met with shrugs.

I agree that it's been clear Glinner is bad news for the GC but it strikes me as such an insular, defensive and hateful ideology that they don't seem to notice how bad a representative he is as much as you might think they do.

Jockice

Quote from: Thomas on July 01, 2020, 11:46:46 AM
even though the only Karen I've ever heard of is Karen Gillan.

I have a good friend called Karen. She's not a 'Karen' though. And there was another one in my class at school. Didn't have much to do with her, but her brother was a decent bloke.

dbs

It's really funny that he has a ring light set up, which should be around the camera to evenly light your face, but has put it off to one side to cast a harsh shadow.
Pro director.

JamesTC

The one time I laughed at the Karen meme was when Karen Gillan jokingly referenced it on Twitter.

Deleted my Glindr account now. I think it will be even funnier to imagine what a pathetic wasteland it will be once all the trolls leave and he is posting shite to three people.

evilcommiedictator

Americans just have fuck-all creativity, what's a name we can call someone who fits these criteria? Karen? OK cool

Whereas you've got gammons and we've got bogans, both lower on the social strata but both willing to whinge to authorities when they feel they've been wronged

Barry Admin

Laughed at 3:45 though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4jQxBPZkQM&feature=youtu.be&t=225s

God, I know he's just trying to come across as a more effective and compelling orator, but he does just seem like a weird disturbed bloke. A sort of terfy Millennium Woes who will soon be live-streaming about "healthy young breasts" while still wearing his housecoat.[NB]aka dressing gown. [/NB]

tomasrojo

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 01, 2020, 01:19:54 PM

("The Disappeared", which is a really cunty term for an Irish bloke to co-opt)

Bizarre alright.

Speaking of Irish bloke, he says Ireland in a surprisingly non-rhotic way at 2:00. Only stands out because his Dublin accent is otherwise intact, despite three decades away.

Barry Admin

Oh my god, the last few seconds of that video had me howling! I have no idea if he's being self-aware or not??!

A good edit for madhair or someone to make would be all the swearing and ranting cut together and then go straight into that
Spoiler alert
it's going really well me being off Twitter by the way
[close]
bit at the end. Blimey. Emotional whip-lash or what.

Blue Jam

I couldn't watch more than a few seconds of that, he does seem genuinely unhinged. Glad I deleted my Glindr now, this is getting more and more uncomfortable.

I can't honestly say I feel sorry for him but I genuinely do hope he gets some help and gets better.

chveik

"it's going very well me being off twitter btw"

I sure does look like it Graham mate, ranting at 3am about Mr. Google

edit: sorry Barry, didn't see your post

Cuellar

Angry, confused, voice quivering with emotion, adrenalined up to the eyeballs.

Fucking gall of the guy telling Americans they can't lecture US!!! about morality because they elected 'fucking TRUMP'. But then I suppose he likes Tories now, doesn't he.

At least the majority of Americans DIDN'T want Trump - can't say that about the UK, can you?

bgmnts

The moment of a deranged mentalist, visibly shaking with rage, illuminated only by an LED light, seethingly - with trembling voice - accusing people of being mentally is, is the perfect combination of visuals and audio.

It's hilarious.

DigForVictory

Jesus Christ, that gets genuinely tough to watch by the end. I thought he was going to start crying.

He is absolutely mental.

idunnosomename

lmao at the jump cut after "fuckssake"

HE CAN EDIT NOW LADS

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 01, 2020, 01:54:19 PM
Laughed at 3:45 though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4jQxBPZkQM&feature=youtu.be&t=225s

God, I know he's just trying to come across as a more effective and compelling orator, but he does just seem like a weird disturbed bloke. A sort of terfy Millennium Woes who will soon be live-streaming about "healthy young breasts" while still wearing his housecoat.[NB]aka dressing gown. [/NB]
He is FUCKING DEMENTED. He'd give Buffalo Bill the creeps. I give it six months before he's caught raiding a medical waste disposal unit.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cuellar on July 01, 2020, 02:05:03 PM

Fucking gall of the guy telling Americans they can't lecture US!!! about morality because they elected 'fucking TRUMP'. But then I suppose he likes Tories now, doesn't he.
even most big conservative members dont invest so much confidence and awe over liz fucking truss

A sad strange little man.

Jerzy Bondov

Really enjoyed my Glindr shitposting days, wasting the time of whoever had to go through deleting all the stupid posts from my three accounts. I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.

This new video is a masterpiece in Being A Cunt. How dare Google tell people what to do. Only Graham is allowed to do that. While trying not to cry.

Josef K

I love his little 'pause for applause' he does around 4:45 after the 'how dare you come here and tell UK women what to do' bit.
It's hilarious just how much he identifies with that white knight avatar on his twitter profile ex-twitter profile

Poobum

Quote from: Cuellar on July 01, 2020, 02:05:03 PM

At least the majority of Americans DIDN'T want Trump - can't say that about the UK, can you?

The same Trump who banned trans people from the military, tried to block them from healthcare, and tried to strip them of their civil rights. Trump has basically enacted everything Glinner ever wanted.

madhair60

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 01, 2020, 02:00:35 PM
Oh my god, the last few seconds of that video had me howling! I have no idea if he's being self-aware or not??!

A good edit for madhair or someone to make would be all the swearing and ranting cut together and then go straight into that
Spoiler alert
it's going really well me being off Twitter by the way
[close]
bit at the end. Blimey. Emotional whip-lash or what.

just opened Premiere, give me an hour