Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:10:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner V: The Dream(ed up) Child (molestors): A New Carbon-era

Started by madhair60, June 22, 2020, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

yeah Facebook won't tolerate Glinner's shit anywhere near as long as Twitter did. It won't suit his purposes either anyway - no good-faith people will politely answer his posts so he can call them pedos

dead-ced-dead

The format won't work for him. His constant accusations that someone is a peado used to get lost in Twitter's spiderweb like structure. When you're just replying to messages directly under posts on Facebook, it's easy to see and report.

JaDanketies

I'd like to think that people might be a bit more reluctant to imply queers are pedos and anyone who advocates for trans women is a pedo via some incredibly sloppy reasoning when their friends, family and business relations might be able to see it, too.

ajsmith2

Facebook might be worse for stealing data and privacy invasion, but as a format for discourse it's nowhere near as evil as the kneejerk Pavlovian brain and reputation annihilator that is Twitter.

Famous Mortimer

I want to share that "I'm doing my part!" image from Starship Troopers for the people reporting his FB transphobia (a movie with lots of gender-neutral spaces in it, coincidentally).

Barry Admin

4chan are as unimpressed with him as the Gamergaters are:

Quote from: 4chan userI remember this guy saying that it was great that the UK Police were rounding up people who were saying Islam was cancerous on twitter.

Up until he got banned. Suddenly he was all about free speech then.
He can fuck off.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 03, 2020, 03:37:53 PM
I want to share that "I'm doing my part!" image from Starship Troopers for the people reporting his FB transphobia (a movie with lots of gender-neutral spaces in it, coincidentally).

Paul Verhoeven dressing up his heroes as Nazis is *chef's kiss* satire.

Blue Jam

Just purchased Speed Racer. Cheers for the recommendations everyone. Another victory for Glinner there.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 03, 2020, 05:21:41 PM
Just purchased Speed Racer. Cheers for the recommendations everyone. Another victory for Glinner there.

Aw, dude! You're going to love it, flaws and all. It looks amazing on blu-ray.

Edit: every purchase of Speed Racer is a jab in the eye of Glinner.

Blue Jam

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on July 03, 2020, 05:34:05 PM

Got it to stream in HD. Really should get Stupider Ascending on blu-ray now I've got a 4K telly.

Quoteevery purchase of Speed Racer is a jab in the eye of Glinner.

The Wachowskis would be more than welcome to use my toilet. Glinner wouldn't.

Sebastian Cobb

Mister Six

Can't stand Jupiter Ascending, but Speed Racer is a glorious film. I'm probably 50/50 on the Wachowskis' output, and think that their ambition often outstrips their ability, but I'm glad they're still out there making stuff. Did Sense8 come to a decent ending? And was it well paced? A lot of early Netflix stuff seems quite sluggish and meandering because they were still figuring out how bingeable telly worked.

pandadeath

Sense8 didn't drag for me and the series finale wrapped things up pretty neatly, it felt suitably bonkers and didn't feel tacked on. It was cancelled after season two but Netflix allowed them to make a two hour finale so they still got to finish it on their own terms.

I watched Speed Racer the other week after previous Wachowski discussion and found it pretty enjoyable but the aesthetic never really clicked for me - couldn't find any charm in its visuals really. It was fun spotting all the British comedy actors in there though - the Mum from Catterick as one of Mannion's minions was a particular highlight.

Alberon

Quote from: Jumblegraws on July 03, 2020, 12:35:49 PM
"For fuck's sake I'm only off twitter a couple of days and already there's arseholes like this running riot" - my instinct is to think he's being at least a bit mock-serious in saying that, but the content of his videos/general descent into madness highly suggests he really does think he was some brave protector of women on Twitter and that it's 120 Days of Sodom without him.

I think he's more than half-serious.

I suppose you wouldn't carry on relentlessly on twitter if you didn't think you were actually achieving something. Just goes to show deluded his worldview has got.

MojoJojo

"thumb with a twitter account"

I wonder what that makes Graham?

idunnosomename

doesn't he call him that because he doesn't have a beard but he's bald?

careful CaB, new frontier of his bigotry

Sebastian Cobb

madhair60

JamesTC

Quote from: MojoJojo on July 03, 2020, 10:26:01 PM
"thumb with a twitter account"

I wonder what that makes Graham?

Bellend without a twitter account.

Blue Jam

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on July 03, 2020, 05:34:05 PM

Edit: every purchase of Speed Racer is a jab in the eye of Glinner.

This is fucking ace.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 04, 2020, 12:48:25 AM
This is fucking ace.

Fantastic, I'm so glad you liked it. My ma is a massive terf and the other day we got into an argument about trans issues, the first thing I did after I was off the phone was stick on Speed winning the final race; how it must have felt for the Wachowskis to direct that triumphant win/family togetherness makes my heart swell.

MikkiDisco

Quote from: bgmnts on July 02, 2020, 06:20:57 PM
Just for the record, would anyone here be averse to total androgyny in terms of fashion? I'd fucking love to be able to wear a dress in summer. The thought makes me just feel free.

Speaking as a tranny, if I woke up tomorrow and suddenly wasn't a transvestite anymore, I'd still want to wear maxi dresses when the weathers hot. It's just good sense.

Also speaking as a tranny, just want to say that it means an absolute shitload to read this thread and see nobody is standing for this fuckers bullshit. I lived in shame of who I was from the ages of around  4 to 37, largely because I was petrified of how people would react, and I can't stress the difference it makes to my life when I see most people don't actually give a fuck. Cheers.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: MikkiDisco on July 04, 2020, 03:12:58 AM
Speaking as a tranny, if I woke up tomorrow and suddenly wasn't a transvestite anymore, I'd still want to wear maxi dresses when the weathers hot. It's just good sense.

Also speaking as a tranny, just want to say that it means an absolute shitload to read this thread and see nobody is standing for this fuckers bullshit. I lived in shame of who I was from the ages of around  4 to 37, largely because I was petrified of how people would react, and I can't stress the difference it makes to my life when I see most people don't actually give a fuck. Cheers.
Good on ya, MikkiDisco.

GoblinAhFuckScary

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on July 04, 2020, 05:07:21 PM
rip glinner threads xxx

I kinda hope so, as he becomes more and more of an irrelevance he hurts fewer people so it's a win win if we have nothing to talk about.

PlanktonSideburns

Alberon

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 04, 2020, 08:31:18 PM
itll be quite nice if hes mostly gone now

I think he's been mostly gone for a while, but I do know what you mean.

idunnosomename

thats a wrap folks. take whatever sandwiches you want. i think there's some opened bottles of wine you can have too. cool. anyone fancy a pint?