Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:58:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner V: The Dream(ed up) Child (molestors): A New Carbon-era

Started by madhair60, June 22, 2020, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phes

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 08, 2020, 04:17:57 PM
It's hard to see what she gets out of all this...

Oh right, okay. Loves that love-bombing.

You get an idea how all consuming this is when someone's happy to implicitly agree they're fighting to fix a 'broken world'

apopheniac

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 08, 2020, 04:05:45 PM
I've openly wondered the same thing as well, and I think at least one other person on these threads (Sheepy?) has done likewise. It would seem to make a kind of sense, given what a massive control freak he is, that he would be viscerally disgusted by people having elective surgery to remove parts he'd really rather have hung on to himself.

It seems like it was a bit of a traumatic experience for him, which does explain the rocking and shaking as he talks about "healthy young breast tissue" being removed. Between the repeated "look at this [awful triggering thing]" and the lovebombing, it's not difficult to see where he and Rowling went a bit wrong.

earl_sleek

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 08, 2020, 06:41:57 PM
Yes, it's an hour long, and people are using that to discredit it, and saying stupid shit like "if it takes an hour to rebuff JK Rowling then maybe that's a sign" or other such grasping nonsense.

Fucking hell. Just shows how anti-knowledge they are, and how uninterested they are in learning the facts. "Over an hour? SHUT UP FUCK OFF"

PlanktonSideburns

If you can't sum it up in 280 letters, 200 times a day, for two years, have a word

Blumf

This video was posted in response to Margaret Atwood yesterday, and it's an excellent deconstruction of JK Rowling's transphobic essay: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Avcp-e4bOs

Thanks for that, preaching to the choir here but was very interesting.

petril

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 08, 2020, 09:50:40 PM
If you can't sum it up in 280 letters, 200 times a day, for two years, have a word

and still have time for carbonara

Quote from: JamesTC on July 08, 2020, 05:43:13 PM
Maybe one bollock has a different role to the other.

Lose your left bollock: become more active with charitable causes
Lose your right bollock: become transphobe

Dread to think what happens if you lose both bollocks...

RenegadeScrew

This video was posted in response to Margaret Atwood yesterday, and it's an excellent deconstruction of JK Rowling's transphobic essay: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Avcp-e4bOs

Thank you, this is very very good stuff indeed.

Zetetic

Editing of the first 34 seconds was enough to make me want to a commit a hate crime, unfortunately. Do the jump cuts calm down after a bit? They were actually making a bit nauseous.

Blumf

Quote from: Zetetic on July 08, 2020, 11:26:34 PM
Editing of the first 34 seconds was enough to make me want to a commit a hate crime, unfortunately. Do the jump cuts calm down after a bit? They were actually making a bit nauseous.

Sorry granddad, but it's what the kids want.

Yeah, it's all the way through unfortunately.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Misspent Boners on July 08, 2020, 11:18:29 PM
Dread to think what happens if you lose both bollocks...
i think if you run into a walking mushroom monster you die and need to start again

evilcommiedictator

Just try to take in some Schadenfreude thinking about how much Glinner must be fuming and stomping around in his flat verbalizing his abuse that would otherwise have gone onto the tweets.

Thomas

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 08, 2020, 05:36:04 PM
A mate of mine lost a ball to testicular cancer and his reaction was to get very involved in raising awareness of testicular cancer and taking part in lots of fundraising projects...

beard

Dr Rock

The video is great stuff - tell a TERF to watch just a few minutes, that there is a transman, who you say is not a real man, but a woman. Whatever, in your hypothetical changing rooms and toilets scare scenarios, you think he should use women's changing rooms then? Yeah, that shut you up, now fuck off.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 08, 2020, 09:50:40 PM

oh fucking hell can you not summarize this in under five minutes

greenman

Quote from: earl_sleek on July 08, 2020, 09:11:54 PM
Fucking hell. Just shows how anti-knowledge they are, and how uninterested they are in learning the facts. "Over an hour? SHUT UP FUCK OFF"

Especially coming from people who read 800 page books about child wizards.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 08, 2020, 06:41:57 PMThis video was posted in response to Margaret Atwood yesterday, and it's an excellent deconstruction of JK Rowling's transphobic essay: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Avcp-e4bOs

Hey, thanks for posting this. I am still learning and this was a fantastic and accessible essay that taught me a great deal.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: phes on July 08, 2020, 06:46:45 PM
You get an idea how all consuming this is when someone's happy to implicitly agree they're fighting to fix a 'broken world'

And that the thing that needs fixing the most in this broken world isn't war, famine, disease, monstrous governments oppressing their own people, genocide or climate change but the existence of a tiny, oppressed minority.

idunnosomename

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 09, 2020, 01:24:41 PM
And that the thing that needs fixing the most in this broken world isn't war, famine, disease, monstrous governments oppressing their own people, genocide or climate change but the existence of a tiny, oppressed minority.
you mean WOMEN!??!?!? DO YOU THINK THAT A TINY BABY GIRL SHOULD HAVE A BIG HAIRY MAN SQUASH HIS KNOB INTO HER FACE??!?! IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK!!! BECAUSE etc

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 09, 2020, 01:56:41 PM
you mean WOMEN!??!?!? DO YOU THINK THAT A TINY BABY GIRL SHOULD HAVE A BIG HAIRY MAN SQUASH HIS KNOB INTO HER FACE??!?! IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK!!! BECAUSE etc

10/10 Glinners for content - but you forgot to @ a random British comedian who no longer takes your calls!

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 09, 2020, 01:24:41 PM

About a month ago he replied "because they're half the world's population, you dick!" to someone asking why he was dying on this cross.

I replied with data that around half the world are living on less than $2.50 a day, and is that to mean he doesn't care about those people. No response, as you might expect.

Blumf

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on July 09, 2020, 02:12:10 PM
10/10 Glinners for content - but you forgot to @ a random British comedian who no longer takes your calls!

@philcool

Barry Admin

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 09, 2020, 01:56:41 PM
DO YOU THINK THAT A TINY BABY GIRL SHOULD HAVE A BIG HAIRY MAN SQUASH HIS KNOB INTO HER FACE??!?! IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK!!!

I guess this is the next revision of The Staniland Question, a meme Linehan was trying to create and force in his last days on Twitter, in order to promote his shitty YouTube videos. 

It sums terfery up, really: a horrendously leading question steeped in fear-mongering that envisions a Brass Eye Special-style society where paedos lurk absolutely everywhere, and where the threat of being mistaken for one should guide your morality. 

Quote from: a tweeterCis-Woman here.  Trans women are women and all we want is for the bathroom to be clean and well stocked with TP.

Quote from: some bloke who wants to police hypothetical women's toilets on behalf of his imaginary daughter
Can I just ask if this means you do not think my 8 year old daughter should be able to use sports changing rooms and showers without being exposed to naked penises?

*that escalated quickly meme*

The fucking state of terfs.

JaDanketies

I muted Staniland after she appeared in my mentions defending Baroness Nicholson, I asked her 'are you an LGB advocate', and then she asked her infamous question instead of answering mine in what was a bizarre non-sequitur.  And then she just carried on asking the same question over and over again, like I was the one who was avoiding answering the question, and then quote-tweeted me like 'they never answer'. It's a horrible game she plays. 

https://twitter.com/ojsproblyguilty/status/1277674917379608576

total waste of time ever even talking to her

Cuellar

Haha, someone on that thread saying 'well we can fix this by having cubicles [like lots and lots of places actually do, so you as a parent can go into a cubicle and be the only adult in with your child while they're changing! Wow what a thought!!]', to which the TERF replies 'have you costed your proposal?'

Childrens' safety, very very important. Spending money on children's safety? Absolutely not.

Dr Rock

Currently, a paedophile who likes little boys can enter a men's changing room have a right noncey eyeful. Possibly while touching his willy and that. As a hypothetical, why aren't TERFS worried about that? The answer to this is for every changing room to have cubicles. (In my experience, most do already).

edit - like what Cuellar just said.

JaDanketies

Yeah, that's my answer, too. "If a place wants to be child-friendly, it should have cubicles. I would advocate no strange man, woman, NB person or anyone else being able to walk into a changing room where naked kids are." The terf comeback was something along the lines of 'why aren't you dedicating your life to making sure changing rooms have cubicles, then?'

I once made the point 'what about nonces in the men's changing rooms' too, but apparently that's homophobic.

I think Helen and her acolytes are so fixated on this being some brilliant, unanswerable question that exposes the sexual abuse all TRAs are supportive of, that they refuse to accept any answer, or any criticism of the question. Hence Helen still asking it. Apparently she's been on the willies-in-changing-rooms crusade for about a decade.

I also once asked her and a bunch of other terfs how many times she had been in a changing room or toilet and experienced a trans person acting inappropriately. Unsurprisingly, the answer was zero, although it was surprising that she answered. So she has spent literally infinity times longer being fixated on trans women acting inappropriately in changing rooms than she has spent in the presence of a trans woman acting inappropriately in changing rooms.

Anyway she takes up too much real estate in my head, too.

Cuellar

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that even when I was a child (30 years ago) I'd always be taken into a cubicle when getting changed at a swimming pool. I don't understand.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Cuellar on July 09, 2020, 04:38:18 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that even when I was a child (30 years ago) I'd always be taken into a cubicle when getting changed at a swimming pool. I don't understand.

True, the only places where we've all got changed in the same room is in the gym, which was for adults. If a pre-op trans woman is going around doing the helicopter, then talk to the management.

king_tubby

The last couple of years we've had a delightful week at a holiday village in Filey, and every time I took the boy swimming there were dads with their daughters getting changed in the 'men's' changing rooms, with no issues.