Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner V: The Dream(ed up) Child (molestors): A New Carbon-era

Started by madhair60, June 22, 2020, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomasrojo

QuoteLinehan's involvement in the debate began in 2008, when an episode of The IT Crowd featured jokes at the expense of a character who is trans. "I'm very proud of that episode – it's a joke. The problem is that these people are easily sent into a kind of beehive of anger," he says.

Quote"I thought the episode was harmless. Though it could have been better," Linehan says.
https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/graham-linehan-trans-activists-don-t-realise-the-damage-they-do-1.3765979

I guess you could be *very* proud of something harmless that could have been better, but I would't be.

(SIDE NOTE:
QuoteThrough talking about it on Twitter, he perceived that women were often shut down when trying to broach the subject. "Women would have the slur 'terf' [trans exclusionary radical feminist] spat at them by young men in beards."
)

bgmnts

He's by no means the most hated man on the internet either is he? Just that sheer desperate attempt to achieve some degree of fame, even if it's notoriety shows how much of a fucking pathetic cunt he is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/badchoicesmaker/status/1277400577824210949

This isn't that far removed from calling a young woman an incel, is it. He'd make a dog shit tier spy.

Quote from: bgmnts on July 11, 2020, 01:20:40 PM
He's by no means the most hated man on the internet either is he? Just that sheer desperate attempt to achieve some degree of fame, even if it's notoriety shows how much of a fucking pathetic cunt he is.

"Well now you've got Norfolk's most hated man."

Ferris

I know it's what my funny Theroux thing so good. Ugh! Like you guys don't get good writing at all!

evilcommiedictator

IRAN, YOU MISSED THE OBVIOUS JOKE AND YOU'RE STILL PROUD OF IT YOU TWAT

Barry Admin

Quote from: Linehan in the Torygraph
It was a tweet in response to the Womens Institute that got him thrown off the site. The WI had wished transgender members a happy Pride, and he replied: "men aren't women tho." ("The one they got me on, I did by accident!" Linehan says, laughing.)

What does that even mean. He's full of crap, here's a post from a month before he got banned, where I commented upon how he was once again saying "men aren't women though" all the time. And it happens to contain a screenshot of him trying to get around being reported over accusing trans people of being groomers/nonces, which of course has been left discreetly unmentioned in that interview and is never acknowledged by his supporters.

tomasrojo

The "platform manipulation" issue is underreported too, and potentially fascinating.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 11, 2020, 12:27:51 PM
serious fiddle music plays

I love how there's no mention at all in the article of how Pissfuck sicced his followers on people, accused 17 year olds and educators of being paedophiles, and mocked children for their appearance. oh no he's just a noble free speech warrior unfairly kicked off Twitter by the woke Stasi for saying biology fact.

It's frigging ridiculous isn't it? The interviewer clearly knows the score though, particularly if he read the Torygraph article about it all from less than two weeks ago. Glinner has done this just to try and get his narrative out there instead, and must have spent the last couple of weeks raging about how they represented him with, y'know, facts and stuff.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,80980.msg4248835.html#msg4248835

QDRPHNC

Well yeah. If you get fired, you don't go around telling your friends you were slacking off and acting the cock and probably had it coming. You tell them your boss doesn't like hearing constructive criticism and could totally see you were coming for his job.

daf

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 11, 2020, 11:11:08 AM

Hullo! Be with you in a minute Guy, just having a shit in the woods

just thinking of an edit of him into Morrissey's Swords album cover now

Blumf

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 11, 2020, 12:25:43 PM
This is rather disturbing:

https://twitter.com/Chican3ry/status/1281877929321017344

Speculation (by TERFs) in the comments that this might be due to nervous BBC lawyers getting twitchy about potential safeguarding responsibilities following the Newsnight Tavistock report.  Plausible, I suppose. :-(

Quoting this as it seems have been lost in the interview talk.

This:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5zvRZW3yRHjqczdwd0gv3S0/information-and-support-gender-identity
QuoteInformation and Support: Gender Identity

Is pretty bad.

Barry Admin

That's fucking ridiculous. The cunty terfs are straight in there again with their paedo accusations too!

Edit: this link is given for making a complaint: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/comments-feedback/#/Your%20comment

Edit: could just me rejigging things. The gender identity page links to "Action Line" which does in turn link to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1nYWPTdMtKStFL2ztx1SV11/information-and-support-lgbt-issues

Blumf

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 11, 2020, 09:57:39 PM
could just [be] rejigging things. The gender identity page links to "Action Line" which does in turn link to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1nYWPTdMtKStFL2ztx1SV11/information-and-support-lgbt-issues

Possibly, but they seem to have dropped trans specific links.

idunnosomename

well hopefully the sad old dinosaur that is the bbc is going to go fall in a volcano soon

canadagoose

Anyone noticed how they've all got that red square in their usernames now since this week? Deffo not a cult, like.

jobotic

Quote from: bgmnts on July 11, 2020, 01:20:40 PM

Most pathetic tragic cunt on the internet doesn't have the same ring.to it.

Chriddof

Dunno if this has been mentioned / linked to before, but I just read this rebuttal to Rowling, and discovered something quite shocking about a charity she's partially in charge of:

Quote from: eev.ee
Quote from: JK RowlingThe second reason is that I'm an ex-teacher and the founder of a children's charity, which gives me an interest in both education and safeguarding. Like many others, I have deep concerns about the effect the trans rights movement is having on both.
Ah, you mean Lumos, the charity you cofounded with Baroness Emma Nicholson, who just yesterday said that gay marriage is degrading women's rights after attempting to repeal it in 2013? I have some deep concerns about the effect this person will have on the well-being of gay teens — and she's not a mere "activist" or "movement", but a lawmaker! Strange company you keep. And that's not even getting into how she called it pedophilia for a trans charity's website to have an escape button on it in case of abusive parents, a mere week and a half ago.

Quote from: eev.ee
Quote from: JK RowlingSome say they decided to transition after realising they were same-sex attracted, and that transitioning was partly driven by homophobia, either in society or in their families.
Yes, it's truly tragic that homophobia is still rampant, such as in the baroness you cofounded a charity with.

I'd somehow never heard of Lumos before, or if I had I guess I'd forgotten - and so obviously I was unaware of Nicholson's involvement, which is genuinely disturbing rather than the false disturbing red square world that TERFs live in, where they're all planning to dress up as the Tavistock building for Halloween or something (Covid permitting).

Also that whole article is a good read, and something to link to for the benefit of some people you may know (except N. C., who desires all explanations to be just three syllables long).

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 11, 2020, 11:08:47 PM
well hopefully the sad old dinosaur that is the bbc is going to go fall in a volcano soon

It's tragic how an organization that the Tories have hated for so long is now aiding and abetting those same enemies.

bgmnts

Quote from: jobotic on July 11, 2020, 11:13:31 PM
Most pathetic tragic cunt on the internet doesn't have the same ring.to it.

TERFS are all about accuracy though. Adult human female etc.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Chriddof on July 11, 2020, 11:17:30 PMIt's tragic how an organization that the Tories have hated for so long is now aiding and abetting those same enemies.

idunnosomename

MEMELORD GRAHAM SMASHING OUT THE CONTENT

I just doubled its audience!

Graham Linehan, staying relevant while making us all chuckle (and THINK)

daf

I.D. Smith

In reply to gmoney and tomasrojo, that is true. Oh god, does this mean I'm now a TERF?*

*I'm kidding, I'm not. For clarity, I can't pretend I know the full ins and outs of the whole subject, but just think people should be able to live as they wish without being hounded and questioned to justify and defend their existence

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 11, 2020, 09:57:39 PMEdit: could just me rejigging things. The gender identity page links to "Action Line" which does in turn link to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1nYWPTdMtKStFL2ztx1SV11/information-and-support-lgbt-issues

As blumf said, they seem to have dropped trans-specific links.

The nested quotes from my original post:

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 11, 2020, 12:25:43 PM
Quote...the BBC has stopped listing 4 LGBT charities on the page it typically references as a support resource for when they raise issues which might be upsetting for LGBT people.

QuoteWhat charities were listed? :S

QuoteLGBT Foundation (who are good at least), Mermaids, GIRES, and The Gender Trust.

And the page was their Gender Identity Issues page (which is now literally just blank) not their LGBT page.

Only the first of those charities is on their LGBT page.  The other three gender-identity-specific ones didn't survive.

So if it IS a reorganisation, it's one that conveniently nuked all the gender-ID charities.

To me it seems more likely that the LGBT Foundation was already on their LGBT page, and that the Beeb have just wiped their Gender Identity page clean.

Whether a reorganisation or not, they're definitely dropping it as a standalone page.  Note that on the main Action Line page, the list of all the different issues at the bottom of the page no longer includes "Gender Identity", whereas on the 27th June, it did: http://web.archive.org/web/20200627100704/bbc.co.uk/actionline

Seems to me as if it's not an issue they want to risk hosting any more.

Barry Admin

Eh go ahead, I can split this off into a new thread, it's interesting stuff.

Edit: done - nice chat about paradoxical lyrics and all that, here:
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,81440.0.html

Sebastian Cobb

Glinner practically went full Les McQueen there. Just needed an 'It's a shit business' as a sign off.