Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:36:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner V: The Dream(ed up) Child (molestors): A New Carbon-era

Started by madhair60, June 22, 2020, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Is it really so weird to dislike Trump? I'm not that keen on him meself, to be honest.

idunnosomename

Trump is a fucking knobhead but at least he's not Graham Linehan

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 21, 2020, 08:59:03 AM
Is it really so weird to dislike Trump? I'm not that keen on him meself, to be honest.

Just to give apopheniac enough rope to hang himself with, I think he's referring to the way in which Glinner dislikes him seems quite contradictory seeing as they fall down on several of the same issues.

Thomas

It seems to be that Liberal Media Celeb dislike of Trump, where everything was fine until the moment bad orange man entered the White House. come back obama!!! come back 2012 olympics opening ceremony!!

I recall Graham writing tweeting that both Trump and Brexit can be traced back to Bush and Blair, who told 'the first and most damaging lie of this era.' Which strikes me as a really dim understanding of where Trump and Brexit came from.

tomasrojo

Trump is loathed by a wide range of people. He's never even been that popular in the States. His net approval rating has been negative for three and half years. He's exactly the type of person you'd expect progressives to hate.

It seems to me, as I more or less said before, that the paradox isn't why do people like Linehan dislike Trump. It's why a wide range of intellectuals and progressives in British public life are unaware that they're retreading homophobic arguments from decades ago when they're expressing "concerns" about trans people.

apopheniac

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 21, 2020, 08:59:03 AM

It's not weird to dislike him, but it is a bit odd for someone who complains about people being "woke" and who agrees with him on the single issue they seem to care about above all else. Mostly, though, I'd just want to see if he could explain it without inadvertently describing himself.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 20, 2020, 03:43:25 PM
https://youtu.be/JGNMpKM6zJo

Thank you.

"The only thing you need that you will need to do comment is to take out a paid subscription".

EIGHT QUID A MONTH?!

Fucking hell.

See you all in Part VI: The Undiscovered CUNTry.

jobotic

Why is he asking his 8quidfans what John Harris said in The Guardian? Why doesn't he just look at it?

idunnosomename

Does he really think if it was less than £8 we'd pay it to call him a cunt? Literally wouldnt pay him a fucking penny for the privilege

ajsmith2

Quote from: apopheniac on July 21, 2020, 12:15:08 PM
It's not weird to dislike him, but it is a bit odd for someone who complains about people being "woke" and who agrees with him on the single issue they seem to care about above all else. Mostly, though, I'd just want to see if he could explain it without inadvertently describing himself.

His Trump hate is a relic from when he was a more conventionally right-on Twitter policeman 3 plus years back, it's definitely of tertiary importance now compared to his One True Quest. Of all the mental things he believes, his idea that mtf transfolk are alt right incels (in an attempt to graft his anti-trans shtick seamlessly onto his old values) has to be the least tenable bit of contorted doublethink of all.

It did find it interesting when he was flirting with the anti-woke Youtube grifter scene a few months back and he dropped a casual diss of Trump into one of his otherwise acceptable anti-trans rants; you could feel the atmos curdle and the portcullis come crashing down from the others sizing the potential new recruit up as he blithely commited such a basic ideological no-no.

Jerzy Bondov

I wondered what John Harris said and it's this:
QuoteAnd beyond Westminster, the most vocal elements of supposedly progressive opinion seem to have more to say about so-called cancel culture and letters in high-end American magazines than they do about a social and economic disaster that could be worse even than that of the 1930s. As symbols of the myopic smallness of politics in the face of gigantic challenges, the right has its very odd campaign against face masks; my side has month-long arguments about JK Rowling.
Graham must not be accused of myopia. He did a powerpoint about Bilko.

jobotic

But why couldn't Glinner read that?

What next? Can any of you lovely terfy ladies pick up my dry cleaning? I'm busy. Don't forget to pay your eight quid first!

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: jobotic on July 21, 2020, 04:43:51 PM
But why couldn't Glinner read that?

What next? Can any of you lovely terfy ladies pick up my dry cleaning? I'm busy. Don't forget to pay your eight quid first!
Was it behind a paywall