Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:12:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hashtags That Never Took Off

Started by elliszeroed, June 22, 2020, 08:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliszeroed

I'm sure that for every social media campaign that goes viral, a dozen or so do not.

I tried one last year- #oktobesadatchristmas because I was pissed off at how many people were telling me to cheer up, because "it's Christmas". It was probably too long.

And we all know #Cheerleadersforsegregation never took off because it was pre-Twitter.

Anyone have any other examples, funny or otherwise?

non capisco

The Susan Boyle album launch hashtag #susanalbumparty

It actually crushes me a bit, the image of Su hanging the decorations, setting out all the dips and nibbles, checking her watch excitedly and then the cruelly drawn out process of pacing and waiting and then finally admitting to herself that not one person she'd invited was going to turn up to her anal bum party.

touchingcloth

touchingcloth

I originally thought this was going to be a thread about tags where the lack of spaces or capitalisation changed the meaning of things, like how I remember Microsoft having a blog about their Exchange product which was something like msexchangeteam.com.

Dex Sawash

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Egyptian Feast

#glinnerisanally did briefly and hilariously take off, but it could never compete with an anal bum party.

Ambient Sheep

Related: the Italian battery company:

https://powergenitalia.com (if you click through, make sure you read the comment)

DrGreggles

shagatha crustie

Scarborough (I think) council have 'don't feed the gulls' posters plastered about with a really inept hashtag which they've whacked on to be current without really knowing how they work.

#ItsYourFoodItIsNotTheirFood

Something like that.

Kryton