Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:49:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Michael Keaton Is Batman (again)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, June 22, 2020, 10:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Keaton is great and all, but this doesn't seem like particularly exciting news. The big selling point of his two films was the visual design.

The Culture Bunker

I would have thought, in the superhero film stakes, Keaton might be hoping Marvel get in touch again for a Sinister Six angle in the next Spider-Man film: Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio (faked death), apparently Chameleon was in 'Far From Home' (the bus driver), Scorpion and someone new.

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on June 23, 2020, 11:28:07 PM
I would have thought, in the superhero film stakes, Keaton might be hoping Marvel get in touch again for a Sinister Six angle in the next Spider-Man film: Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio (faked death), apparently Chameleon was in 'Far From Home' (the bus driver), Scorpion and someone new.

Given the ending of the last film, I would have thought Kraven the Hunter would be the next 'big bad' for Spider-Man - and he's an original member of the Sinister Six if they eventually go that route

I still think Keaton was too small to play a truly convincing Batman, and his Bruce Wayne was pish.  Bale nailed a young Bruce Wayne for me, and it was only his raspy voice in TDK & TDKR which ruined his Batman (I thought his voice was fine in BB - the decision to up the raspiness was a massive error)

Warner/DC need to stop attempting to restart their 'universe', wait a few years, plan correctly and start again.  It's a mess and by the sounds of it it's possibly going to get messier.  Too many film series - Terminator, Halloween, Superman, Alien - are doing the whole 'those movies you've seen aren't canon sequels - forget them, here's a proper sequel'.  I'd be much happier if Batman wasn't part of the wider DC universe - the whole premise just seems daft next to Superman, Green Lantern & co. 

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Would Kraven work in a modern context? He'd have to be reimagined as one of those rich retired dentists, from Ohio or somesuch, who pays to shoot a lion and puts the photo up on facebook.

Lord Mandrake

Marvel carefully seeded the idea of a mulitiverse since ant man, dr strange and infinity war and now in the upcoming TV shows. And here comes DC just blundering into it, Keaton should go and do a play instead.

SavageHedgehog

Isn't it assumed that Sony are trying to stealth build an "MCU adjacent" Sinister Six film, what with Keaton appearing as an "unnamed character" in the trailer for Morbius.

Mister Six

Yep - and that is actually Vulture, I'm sure, since Sony actually own that character along with all of the other Spider-Man supporting cast. They can do whatever they want with them.

Custard

I think all the Batmans should get together and have a big fight. I reckon Batman will win

I hope all this leads to a Batman Beyond film, with Willem Dafoe as a genuinely terrifying older Joker

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 23, 2020, 11:06:27 PM
Keaton is great and all, but this doesn't seem like particularly exciting news. The big selling point of his two films was the visual design.

They could get in the bloke who directed the 2005 version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, or the one who did the 2010 Alice in Wonderland.  They were visionaries!