Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:01:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2m

Started by Barry Admin, June 23, 2020, 10:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

This has been fucking me off for weeks now. They're obviously gonna cut the distance down to 1m today, and it's all to accommodate businesses, because the economy is more important than human life.

And yet it's almost impossible to keep 2m away from people as it is, and has been for weeks.

When they first started talking about reducing the distance, I recall Zetetic linked a video from Belgium (or wherever) which showed that Michael Gove was taking out of his hole about the social distancing used in such countries.

So basically the plan now then is to let a lot more people die before we end up putting some restrictions back in place, is that it?

BlodwynPig

its very odd that there seems to be almost universal distrust and opposition to the Government and their "government leading the science" approach...from top to bottom, left to right. Yet it continues. The media are also generally aghast, but it is the drip drip drip things I see (Apple """news"""" "How to buy your dream French Chateau", "Michelle's Beach Body in Lockdown") that infiltrates our minds and others us.

There should be better resistance than a few dry memes and a chorus of tutting.

Spiteface

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 23, 2020, 10:55:59 AM
This has been fucking me off for weeks now. They're obviously gonna cut the distance down to 1m today, and it's all to accommodate businesses, because the economy is more important than human life.

And yet it's almost impossible to keep 2m away from people as it is, and has been for weeks.

When they first started talking about reducing the distance, I recall Zetetic linked a video from Belgium (or wherever) which showed that Michael Gove was taking out of his hole about the social distancing used in such countries.

So basically the plan now then is to let a lot more people die before we end up putting some restrictions back in place, is that it?

Wouldn't be shocked at this. They're already bringing lockdown back in part of Germany after an outbreak in a meat-packing plant:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53149762?at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=BBC+News&at_custom4=3BAC0534-B533-11EA-A32E-42C2923C408C&fbclid=IwAR2Y8y-Z2IqPWrZXuQJhUvHR-5rf4A4fSE-4qNiNAL-jThfPvuI-ZqJuJ3E

I'd say we're hurtling towards a second wave over here, but we've never left the first one.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spiteface on June 23, 2020, 11:08:06 AM
Wouldn't be shocked at this. They're already bringing lockdown back in part of Germany after an outbreak in a meat-packing plant:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53149762?at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=BBC+News&at_custom4=3BAC0534-B533-11EA-A32E-42C2923C408C&fbclid=IwAR2Y8y-Z2IqPWrZXuQJhUvHR-5rf4A4fSE-4qNiNAL-jThfPvuI-ZqJuJ3E

I'd say we're hurtling towards a second wave over here, but we've never left the first one.

Wales had a meat-packing outbreak and I believe there were other incidences (but they may have been in Germany).

This is criminal negligence at best, mass murder at worst.

buttgammon

Yes, there's been problems at meat plants in Germany, Ireland and one in Llangefni too (the Welsh Government seem to be considering some sort of local restrictions because of this). It sounds like a whole mess, contributed to by poor working and living conditions in that industry.

Spiteface

Yeah, been hearing about the wales ones, too. Being more local to me and that.

We've been slower than England to ease Lockdown anyway (shops starting to open again yesterday), but again, I won't be surprised if things slow even further, or even go backwards.

Wouldn't have known there even was a lockdown back on VE Day, though.

jobotic

Here we go. Die for us, says Brave Boris. Hooray we cheer.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 23, 2020, 10:55:59 AMSo basically the plan now then is to let a lot more people die before we end up putting some restrictions back in place, is that it?
I really don't think restrictions will come back in once they're gone - the government will say (I think with some justification, not that I agree) that "the people" want normality. The only way I see them reversing from that is if things get much, much significantly worse than they have been.

Zetetic

Now legal in England to put through your neighbour's windows if you suspect them of shielding.

Zetetic

Don't think this was me.

NoSleep

The plan was always to just slow down the the stream of dying people all needing hospital treatment at once, not to prevent.

jobotic

"The sense of optimism is palpable"

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteMr Starmer says Labour will "scrutinise the details" of the announcement and "study the guidance", but "overall I welcome this statement, I believe the government is trying to do the right thing, and in that we will support them."

Sigh

Butchers Blind

A pint and a haircut - great news!

jobotic

QuoteGareth Johnson, a Conservative, asks Johnson to encourage people to "do their patriotic best for Britain" and get in grave go to the pub.

Fambo Number Mive

So wanting to save lives isn't patriotic Gareth?

I wonder what this means for public transport.

jobotic

Where are you going Remainer? Get in Wetherspoons now and enjoy a pint of Boris' Patriotic Piss - now!

https://twitter.com/kmflett/status/1275409923757703170?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Puce Moment

Quote from: NoSleep on June 23, 2020, 12:54:40 PMThe plan was always to just slow down the the stream of dying people all needing hospital treatment at once, not to prevent.

Yes - people throwing second spike logic at the Government do not understand that the goal was never prevention.

bgmnts

Keir Starmer is that Salacious Crumb thing that hangs on Jabba the Hutt's ceiling.

Chollis

covid DONE. pimms o'clock!

earl_sleek

Just after the lockdown started I couldn't wait til the pubs were open again, but now I think I'll give it a week or two to let the inevitable idiots get their excitement at the reopenings out of their systems.

jobotic

Think I'll wait until August, see if everyone's dead then.

My work will be opening at the same time as pubs, so no afternoons in pub gardens for me anyway, given up the cancer sticks, breathing in the covid sticks.

Thursday

It's mad how people seem to have no problem getting right up in your personal space. I thought people would want to keep their distance from me regardless of Covid, but apparently people have no issue.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 23, 2020, 01:00:19 PM
Sigh

Can't believe that Sir Keir Starmer is a fawning establishment lackey.

Thursday

If only there'd been signs like every single thing he said or did.

Oh well, at this point I feel like Labour's screwed for a good while either way and feel like RLB dodged a bullet, by not winning. Can you imagine what we'd be getting if she were leader.

holyzombiejesus

Do you think this government would ever introduce a second lockdown or even reintroduce restrictions? I don't. There'll be more bluster, more lies, more deaths and the cunts will just carry on.

Emma Raducanu

The worst thing for me is, I have to go back to work and I've been totally addicted to ferlough. Genuinely in a state of mourning. The past 3 months have been a blissful dream and I've absolutely loved the excuse for never having to see anyone. Fuck normality.

Barry Admin

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 23, 2020, 04:10:57 PM
Do you think this government would ever introduce a second lockdown or even reintroduce restrictions? I don't. There'll be more bluster, more lies, more deaths and the cunts will just carry on.

Yeah good point well made. The eugenicist cunts can't believe their bloody luck, I'll bet.

Pranet

People are getting used to around a thousand people a week dying. I see the government are stopping the daily briefing as well. No need, things are fine.

NoSleep

I found it absurd that such a big deal was made in the press of a slip in the NZ strategy, allowing two people with Covid-19 to slip through the net, compared to our own disastrous death count.