Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:22:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury Festival - 50 years old

Started by Head Gardener, June 23, 2020, 04:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

On my disastrous weekend there (car crash on the way, friend's sister broke her leg climbing over the fence, huge tent with all our beer in it robbed) I was attacked by some some bloke who burst into my tent and started hitting me round the head with a torch demanding my money. He ran off when I screamed like Ned Flanders. I was sure he'd nicked my jeans and freaked out but it turned they were under some other clothes.

Icehaven

That reminds me of another late 90s (possibly the same) year when some bloke just appeared and plonked himself in my friends' tent, despite the fact we were all sitting there, and seemed unable to see or hear us when we asked who he was or what he was doing. It was the middle of the day and we'd just been getting ready to go for a wander when he turned up, so after 15 minutes or so of trying unsuccessfully to communicate with him my mate saw a few police and called them over. Zombie man miraculously sprung into life when they started talking to him and searching him, and it turned out he had a fuck load of pills in his pockets, but they just took them off him, told him it was his lucky day and sent him on his way. Party in the police tent that night.

Head Gardener

In the 80's I remember a common sight was seeing blokes sitting by the walkways blatantly selling mushrooms and blow by holding signs saying 'trips available please ask' but I never did as I always went fully prepared with quality products purchased in advance, best to be organized before becoming disorganized, safe in the knowledge it wouldn't be a bad trip.

Shit Good Nose

One of the years I was there (can't remember if it was 95 or 97) there was a Woodstock-type tannoy message along the lines of "THERE IS SOME BAD ACID/KETAMINE/HEROIN/MUSHROOMS GOING AROUND" after a surge of people had been treated by paramedics and St Johns ambulance for bad reactions.  I don't think anyone died at either one though.  I think the first Glasto death was in 94.

Sin Agog

Tories are such elitists. Glasto toilets are hardly the presidential suite at the Ritz, but it's a bit of an overreaction to go and die in one.