Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:52:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Love Songs That Aren't Actually That Nice

Started by SteveDave, June 24, 2020, 11:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

Quote from: SpiderChrist on June 24, 2020, 07:05:26 PM
I Just Called To Say I Love You is a fucking horrible song. Not the sentiments, obviously, just the song.

It's mainly the cheesy arrangement, and that horrible "cha cha cha!" at the end. It's a nice enough melody.

Keebleman

Quote from: jobotic on June 24, 2020, 04:15:41 PM
The lyrics to In My Life are really sweet. That's the first time I've read them, don't even know the song.

Keep it that way, or listen to a cover.  For me, the Fabs' version is really spoiled by the kitschy 'harpsichord' (actually, a sped-up piano) solo.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Keebleman on June 24, 2020, 08:09:18 PM
Keep it that way, or listen to a cover.  For me, the Fabs' version is really spoiled by the kitschy 'harpsichord' (actually, a sped-up piano) solo.

Outside. NOW!

SteveDave

Quote from: Keebleman on June 24, 2020, 08:09:18 PM

Here's the best version

https://youtu.be/ImuJbohKDwk

jobotic

Just looked it up and of course I know it, just forgotten it.. Not a Beatles fan really but that is quite lovely. And I'm a sucker for those sixties "harpsichord" solos.

Anyway this is the best version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGQ9wW83MJU

LORD BAD VIBE

More Than Words by Extreme.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah - you say you love me but you could at least suck my dick or something to prove it PROPERLY."

Fr.Bigley

The street where you live

"All at once am i, several story's high, knowing I'm on the street where you live, with a hammer and some chloroform"