Author Topic: Love Songs That Aren't Actually That Nice  (Read 901 times)

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
Re: Love Songs That Aren't Actually That Nice
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2020, 07:37:36 PM »
I Just Called To Say I Love You is a fucking horrible song. Not the sentiments, obviously, just the song.

It's mainly the cheesy arrangement, and that horrible "cha cha cha!" at the end. It's a nice enough melody.

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2020, 08:09:18 PM »
The lyrics to In My Life are really sweet. That's the first time I've read them, don't even know the song.

Keep it that way, or listen to a cover.  For me, the Fabs' version is really spoiled by the kitschy 'harpsichord' (actually, a sped-up piano) solo.

Brundle-Fly

• *Jooolie Andreeeews!! Thhhrrrrp!!!!*
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2020, 08:32:48 PM »
Keep it that way, or listen to a cover.  For me, the Fabs' version is really spoiled by the kitschy 'harpsichord' (actually, a sped-up piano) solo.

Outside. NOW!

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2020, 09:31:43 PM »

Here’s the best version

https://youtu.be/ImuJbohKDwk

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2020, 10:39:57 PM »
Just looked it up and of course I know it, just forgotten it.. Not a Beatles fan really but that is quite lovely. And I'm a sucker for those sixties "harpsichord" solos.

Anyway this is the best version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGQ9wW83MJU

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2020, 09:33:21 AM »
More Than Words by Extreme.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah - you say you love me but you could at least suck my dick or something to prove it PROPERLY."

Fr.Bigley

• Shall I boil this kettle dry?
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2020, 11:08:45 AM »
The street where you live

"All at once am i, several story's high, knowing I'm on the street where you live, with a hammer and some chloroform"

Tags: