Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:36:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Little Review (or "Literary Life 100 Years Ago")

Started by Retinend, June 24, 2020, 02:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

I intended this PDF dump for another thread, but figured it might make for a good thread material, if there is enough interest.

Here is an archive of "The Little Review", a literary magazine that published the original version of "Ulysses" by James Joyce, in addition to many other familiar names from the scene at that time, including Ezra Pound. As I was saying in the other thread, it is interesting to see the remnants of an extinct culture in these pages - bourgeois and radical. Very haughty, and proudly bearing the name "The Little Review: A Magazine of the Arts―Making No Compromise with the Public Taste / The Magazine That is Read by Those who Write the Others". The adverts are particularly interesting.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UGAUdFSorsIO4JDrpIbJKt6cVHLwkD09

The link won't last forever so please download it (1.5gb or so).

buttgammon

Thanks for the link! This'll be a lot of fun (and the adverts are always the best bit about any journal or magazine).

Mister Six

Retinend

they were right there in the footnotes of a wikipedia article but in a somewhat impractical form