Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I've just won a virtual meet and greet with Jessie Ware

Started by BlodwynPig, June 24, 2020, 07:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

I ordered her new album that had a chance to win and I won

QuoteCongratulations!!!

You have won a virtual meet & greet with Jessie Ware.

What do I say to her? "Do you like Ozric Tentacles?"

Absorb the anus burn

Pauline Walnuts

Twonty Gostelow

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on June 24, 2020, 08:00:55 PM
Virtual pie and pint?

I first have to ask her political and cultural leanings. I believe she is a labour voter, though.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 24, 2020, 07:46:44 PM

"Loved you in Heaven 17!"

BlodwynPig

SteveDave

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 24, 2020, 07:46:44 PM

Who are you?
Faves?
Worsties?
Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and just hang up.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: SteveDave on June 25, 2020, 09:02:21 AM
Who are you?
Faves?
Worsties?
Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and just hang up.

or do a Five Starr?

Brundle-Fly

Ask her what her memories of growing up in Clapham, South London were like and did it in any way influence her tastes in music?

DrGreggles

Sebastian Cobb

quick, buy a copy of Richard Herring's emergency questions!

Butchers Blind

Go two ways, either ask her the most banal questions you can think of or go heavy with deep questions about social economic issues.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 25, 2020, 10:58:16 AM
Go two ways, either ask her the most banal questions you can think of or go heavy with deep questions about social economic issues.

And make it a 'question' that never seems to go anywhere sprinkle it with a few 'it seems to me that' then at the end of the 5 minuets or so of semi-incoherent buzz word loaded word salad, end without an actual question, but makes it obvious you're getting her confused with Jess Glynne.

Sebastian Cobb

I tend to mix her up with Holly Walker, who provides vocals for Maribou State sometimes.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 25, 2020, 10:16:31 AM
To be honest, that would be top of my list too.

she's the new Sade, and I will tell her this gushingly

Shit Good Nose

I call BS.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have won a ticket to the red carpet premiere of Mino10: Hircus, followed by an exclusive champagne dinner with star Jennifer Aniston.

See how easy it is?

Shit Good Nose

DrGreggles

"My friends on a bald comedy forum applaud your choice of husband."

Who's best: Robert Watson What, or the Blair Which?

Ferris

Quote from: DistressedArea on June 26, 2020, 12:09:48 AM
Hello Jessie Where, are you a time lord?

You're thinking of Jessie When.

Literally no idea who this person is (and why you applied for this free album knowing you might be subject to this is beyond me so I suspect I'm being Boston Crab'd), but virtual pie and a pint, or asking ham hand/armpit suncream is probably best way to go.

bgmnts

Just ask:

"Am I too old to be buying your records and how do you feel about wild garlic?"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on June 25, 2020, 02:19:10 PM
"What's your favourite Minotaur film?"

"Jen has sadly declined to appear in Minotaur 21ish...would you care to audition for the role of Mesmerelda?"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 26, 2020, 01:25:25 AM
You're thinking of Jessie When.

Literally no idea who this person is (and why you applied for this free album knowing you might be subject to this is beyond me so I suspect I'm being Boston Crab'd), but virtual pie and a pint, or asking ham hand/armpit suncream is probably best way to go.

No, I bought the vinyl edition and because I bought it from her site I had a chance of winning this virtual meet and greet.

Turns out, the Congrats e-mail was just. a CONGRATS YOU'VE WON A CHANCE FOR THE MEET AND GREET.

Well, when I confirmed it said "good luck"...so I suspect this is not the success I had 'hoped' for.

Still happy to have had a phone conversation with Princess Superstar a few years ago, though, that was great.

BlodwynPig

IT'S ON

Caveat: you have to use your phone, you have to install a new app, you have to chat in a waiting room with other fans (no doubt young dweebs), you get 1 minute with Jessie. Probably give it a miss...I'm too old for this.

Butchers Blind

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 26, 2020, 10:06:40 AM
IT'S ON

Caveat: you have to use your phone, you have to install a new app, you have to chat in a waiting room with other fans (no doubt young dweebs), you get 1 minute with Jessie. Probably give it a miss...I'm too old for this.

Is this onlocationlive.com? There are other artists doing a similar thing and it's not exactly cheap. You have to get your 'selfie' with them done as soon as you can because of the 60-second time limit, which cuts off abruptly. Nice cash grab if you have hardcore fans.