Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:20:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

nights that won't happen

Started by Gregory Torso, June 25, 2020, 02:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJzN0asbqg

Probably cried my own body weight out listening to this song over the last couple of weeks.

Noodle Lizard

It's a really great album, and an incredible one to leave us with. On par with Blackstar in that regard.

"I mean, things have not been going well..."

lazyhour

lankyguy95

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on June 25, 2020, 02:53:45 AM
It's a really great album, and an incredible one to leave us with. On par with Blackstar in that regard.

"I mean, things have not been going well..."
Completely agree.

I Loved Being My Mother's Son is the one that often tips me over. So beautiful and so sad.

lazyhour

Easily one of the best albums of the last 10 years.

holyzombiejesus

I've been listening to so much Silver Jews lately. Those 3 albums before the final two are so so great. Wish the final two weren't so (mostly) horrible. Been watching the video for Random Rules a lot too. There's a bit about halfway through when he's sat at the piano serenading a woman and his smile is just so beautiful and heartbreaking.

spaghetamine

It's an amazing record but I find it a bit distressing to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. There are so many Silver Jews songs that make me want to blub these days. I have attached a bit more of an upbeat number, always loved the lyrics to this.

Silver Jews - People

I love to see a rainbow from a garden hose
Lit up like the blood of a centerfold
I love the city and the city rain
Suburban kids with biblical names
People ask people to watch their scotch
People send people up to the moon
When they return, well, there isn't much
People be careful not to crest too soon