Author Topic: Avengers game looks trash.  (Read 473 times)

Avengers game looks trash.
« on: June 25, 2020, 10:12:57 AM »
I wasn't going to be buying it anyway, but gee whiz this looks weak, gonna sell big dollar though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGxuafH6E0U

As most of the comments outline it's just a generic action game from last gen with marvel character skins, bland attacks with no weight

Re: Avengers game looks trash.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 11:47:48 AM »
There is something so inherently wrong about the modern incarnation of Thor.

Alberon

• His heart is an empty fridge
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 02:16:45 PM »
The gameplay also looks quite slow, I tend to hate action games when it feels like you're wading through treacle. Early build, but I doubt the final product will change that much.

falafel

• Yes, blue.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 03:43:13 PM »
Looks like Saints Row 4 but less fun

Mobius

• he who hingeth aboot getteth hee haw
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 11:35:49 PM »
Used to like those Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games but this looks unbelievably shit and lazy

The Roofdog

• you look and are as fat as meat ball
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 12:38:45 PM »
Had to laugh when it switched from big dramatic cutscene to actual gameplay and Thor's attacks started making little 'tink' noises like he was hitting them with a toffee hammer.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 01:03:41 PM »
Used to like those Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games but this looks unbelievably shit and lazy
I played the first two, not sure if there were more, and they were a lot of fun, being able to try different sets of characters together to find out special combos. This new effort does seem a bit of nothing, though, especially given that it seems to have in production for ages.

Jerzy Bondov

• best not bother
    • righto so ive got five minutes off work and uh yeah im gonna have a cheeky volvic
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 01:06:22 PM »
I don't know if it would feel different if I were actually playing it, but I find it really hard to read what's going on. It's not obvious where attacks are coming from or if Thor is even being hurt by anything. What am I supposed to be looking at here?

Doesn't seem like much of a superhero power fantasy with Thor's hammer barely denting robots either.

I played the first two, not sure if there were more, and they were a lot of fun, being able to try different sets of characters together to find out special combos. This new effort does seem a bit of nothing, though, especially given that it seems to have in production for ages.
Ultimate Alliance 3 came out on the Switch last year.

Tags: