Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked [split topic]

Started by bgmnts, June 25, 2020, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger Man

Starmer is an iron fist in a beige glove.

NoSleep

Well, that's the architect of the green new deal taken out of the picture, highly likely due to an error of judgement rather than a full endorsement of an article in a newspaper.

chveik

Paul Calf

NoSleep

It's a pretty clear indication of the trajectory of New Lamer©. Will await the NEC vote, nonetheless.

Thursday

Feels like a definitive statement telling the left to fuck off then doesn't it.

Cancelled my direct debit last month, but I still saw a Labour as a compromise party worth supporting. They can rot for all I care now.

evilcommiedictator

"fuck the left, they have to vote for us anyway" Worked wonders for Hilary, Milliband, Latham, Shorten, Biden......

NoSleep

kalowski

Didn't RLB and Rayner once share a house [the left wing Brazzers]? That'll be an interesting conversation.

Anyway, notwithstanding this event I've actually been musing recently that Becky LB is not too sharp.

selectivememory

Fucking hell. Yeah, fuck the Labour party. It's over now. We had our chance and it was sabotaged.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: thugler on June 25, 2020, 01:26:11 PM
It's not as simple as just deciding to do so.

Centrist crap. It's about political will.

Your boy doesn't have any. He's just booted RLB on the thinnest of premises.

Buelligan

Quote from: thugler on June 25, 2020, 01:23:22 PM
Again. The uk has fuck all impact on this (not that that makes a difference in terms of the urgency of our action). It's not a case of if the uk govt makes a promise they are unable to achieve climate change is immediately solved and we can all live happily ever after. This is a childish view of things

Yeah?  Why have any policy at all then?  Why bother?

Sacking RLB really is cuntitude, who can honestly back Starmer now?  Now that you're not even allowed to criticise the Israeli secret services or military, the ones who wear tshirts like these -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7960071.stm

thugler

Quote from: NoSleep on June 25, 2020, 02:30:07 PM
What you're saying is there is nothing that can be done until Labour are in power and that the manifesto pledges are pointless now and that they are pointless anyway because of the rest of the world not being up to speed. That isn't true.

I've said none of this, in fact the opposite. I said what we can do is severely limited while not in power, which is true.

Thomas

It looks as though Starmer's office helped RLB word her initial clarification - then fired her anyway.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1276163849339756549

QuoteI wished to acknowledge these concerns and duly issued a clarification of my retweet, with the wording agreed in advance by the Labour Party Leader's Office, but after posting I was subsequently instructed to take both this agreed clarification and my original retweet down.

Perhaps it was unwise to retweet an article containing anything contentious - but look at how many MPs are allowed to get away with that. Some of them pen their own actively racist pieces and remain happily in office.

Fabian Thomsett

Right. I'm not voting Labour again. Probably ever. Fuck electoralism, it's all fucking rigged anyway.

DrGreggles

Buelligan

MPs are elected to speak out, not to clip their words in case they upset another state.

Absolutely FUCK HIM.

Buelligan

buttgammon

What a pathetic excuse for a party. Years of progress incinerated in a matter of months. I'm very angry and coming from a Labour-Tory marginal may change my mind, but I do not want to vote for a party that's led by this shower of cunts.

The reportage (like The Guardian's choice phrase "antisemitic conspiracy theory") is awful too. Pathetic, cowardly shit.

chveik

Quote from: bgmnts on June 25, 2020, 03:50:59 PM
Who do people vote for now then?

nobody. forget elections, things can only happen with barricades now

thugler

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 25, 2020, 03:41:13 PM
Centrist crap. It's about political will.

Your boy doesn't have any. He's just booted RLB on the thinnest of premises.

Fuck you calling me a centrist, I've spent 2 elections campaigning for Corbyn. Reluctantly deciding Starmer is a better choice than RLB does not change that.

Political will does not trump reality I'm afraid. You can't magic things up with political will. Getting to net zero is an extremely difficult complicated task. Getting the legislation through is the beginning of the process, and it will not be an easy ride.

Quote from: Buelligan on June 25, 2020, 03:43:07 PM
Yeah?  Why have any policy at all then?  Why bother?

Because it's worthwhile in itself. Having a green economy will be beneficial in many ways, contributing to reduction in global emissions and in more local ways like improving air quality, it also creates a shit ton of good jobs. It's also something we will need to do eventually anyway, so getting it done as soon as possible is vital. Plus economic benefits in the long term Also the message it sends to the rest of the world.

But you're just being flippant, you know why it's the right thing to do.  It's still silly to pretend that a slight difference in target dates for the UK to reach net zero will be what makes the difference in terms of the global problem.

NoSleep

Quote from: thugler on June 25, 2020, 03:44:26 PM
I've said none of this, in fact the opposite. I said what we can do is severely limited while not in power, which is true.

You keep finding excuses for the lamer leader not to firmly oppose. And now he's sacked the architect of the green new deal. Pretty lame, huh?

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on June 25, 2020, 03:50:59 PM
Who do people vote for now then?

No one until 2024, so it's not worth bothering to think about it.

colacentral

I might start voting Tory to help accelerate the country's decline down the shitter.

I'm still continuing my membership to be honest as I would guess that someone knew sacking RLB over nothing would lead to an exodus and stitching up NEC elections and so on. As long as there's a chance that cunt has a trip down the stairs before the next election I want to be there to have a say in replacing him. If there is a single alternative party we can fund and campaign for though I'm all ears. What would be the point in voting for a labour party in name only that only exists to keep real left wing politics out? I'd rather lose voting for something decent than hold my nose to vote for something so transparently corrupt.

thugler

Quote from: NoSleep on June 25, 2020, 03:54:44 PM
You keep finding excuses for the lamer leader not to firmly oppose. And now he's sacked the architect of the green new deal. Pretty lame, huh?

Don't agree with the sacking. The green new deal as a concept was around before RLB and will live on. It remains Labour policy.

Buelligan

Quote from: thugler on June 25, 2020, 03:54:29 PM
Because it's worthwhile in itself. Having a green economy will be beneficial in many ways, contributing to reduction in global emissions and in more local ways like improving air quality, it also creates a shit ton of good jobs. It's also something we will need to do eventually anyway, so getting it done as soon as possible is vital. Plus economic benefits in the long term Also the message it sends to the rest of the world.

But you're just being flippant, you know why it's the right thing to do.  It's still silly to pretend that a slight difference in target dates for the UK to reach net zero will be what makes the difference in terms of the global problem.

I'm not being fucking flippant.  Never been less so in my life.  You're being complacent.  You're OK, so you don't see what the worry is.  The worry is, it doesn't matter how many green jobs you create if everyone dies.  Wake up.