Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:17:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked [split topic]

Started by bgmnts, June 25, 2020, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Endicott

I'm just rehashing what holyzombiejesus posted before, but this is monumental backtracking going on here. Both The Guardian and The Independent are now claiming that this is an unfounded conspiracy theory:
https://www.amnestyusa.org/with-whom-are-many-u-s-police-departments-training-with-a-chronic-human-rights-violator-israel/

I mean after the shite in them for the last few years I shouldn't be surprised. From what holyzombiejesus posted earlier, it looks as if someone at the independent goofed up the paper's original take before being 'corrected' to the new shite one.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 25, 2020, 12:38:13 PM
In the Independent interview (with Maxine Peake), she also said "The tactics used by the police in America, kneeling on George Floyd's neck, that was learnt from seminars with Israeli secret services." 

The Independent initially added the proviso "(Though a spokesperson for the Israeli police has denied this, a 2016 Amnesty International report said that hundreds of law enforcement officials had travelled to Israel for training.)"

The Independent even changed it's bit in brackets to "A spokesperson for the Israeli police has denied this, stating that "there is no tactic or protocol that calls to put pressure on the neck or airway"." and omitted any reference to the Amnesty report.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on June 25, 2020, 06:25:40 PM
Novara on RLB sacking tonight at 8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oVAbaXR4FU

Share the link if you can.

wondered if they were going to do one. Let's see Walker yelp to Starmer's defence (I hope he doesn't, but his recent record...).

kitsofan34

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 25, 2020, 06:32:29 PM
wondered if they were going to do one. Let's see Walker yelp to Starmer's defence (I hope he doesn't, but his recent record...).

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1276163849339756549

honeychile

I would like one fucking journalist to ask Starmer why it's ok to have nazi superfan Rachel Reeves in the shadow cabinet.

I appreciate this is like pondering if the pope would wipe his cock on the Turin shroud.

bgmnts

Quote from: honeychile on June 25, 2020, 06:34:43 PM
I would like one fucking journalist to ask Starmer why it's ok to have nazi superfan Rachel Reeves in the shadow cabinet.

I appreciate this is like pondering if the pope would wipe his cock on the Turin shroud.

QuoteReeves is a vice-chair of Labour Friends of Israel,[50] contributed a chapter to a book about Israeli politics and society,[51] and supports the Auschwitz-Birkenau Foundation.[52][53]

I know people tend not to care about the actual lives of these people that politicians play with, they're just causes to beat the opposition with a stick with, but it is very sad that a lot of Palestinians are going to have to die or be displaced just to make sure Keir Starmer is a nothing leader of a nothing party.

How senseless is that?

Goldentony

I would like his fat fucking head to fall into his soup tonight

Buelligan

Goldentony

fuck me what an absolute fucking cunt, fucking fridge headed halloween bag shit surveyancy officer arsehole man, RESIGN KEITH

Goldentony

You know you see journalists outside Corbyn's house all the time, is there anything stopping someone dancing to Love My Way by the Psychedelic Furs in the street outside the leader of the oppositions gaff for an undetermined amount of time

Buelligan

chveik

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on June 25, 2020, 06:07:21 PM
Gotta say all these posts about wanting to flee are giving me those privileged middle-class takes from brexit again. No-one's gonna stop you if you can but it's the working-class and people of colour in general that will have to swallow it.

Agreed, an instance of cognitive dissonance if ever there was one.

Danger Man

I'm still trying to work out why non-white people can't leave the UK.

bgmnts

Quote from: Danger Man on June 25, 2020, 07:30:55 PM
I'm still trying to work out why non-white people can't leave the UK.

They don't have wealthy partners?*

*can't remember if you are the one with the rich wife or not but still a sick burn.

wooders1978

Do I sense the young chickens of the cancel culture coming home to roost here

Replies From View

Quote from: thugler on June 25, 2020, 03:44:26 PM
I've said none of this, in fact the opposite. I said what we can do is severely limited while not in power, which is true.

Yeah but if you let your enemies choose your leaders you're not really in power are you.

Think!

kittens

Quote from: wooders1978 on June 25, 2020, 07:36:02 PM

Lol

selectivememory

Quote from: wooders1978 on June 25, 2020, 07:36:02 PM

Lol, no, this has nothing to do with cancel culture.

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 25, 2020, 05:39:47 PM
The Israeli state is behind much of this.

they're not that powerful. western politicians make their propaganda for them but they don't really have the same interests in the long term.

chveik

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on June 25, 2020, 05:45:56 PM
But where exactly should one flee to? (Asking for a friend in the U.S.)

France, where Marine Le Pen is leading with a plurality in the latest poll?

if you're serious about it, follow the billionaires and go to New Zealand. certainly not France.

bgmnts

I would live in Normandy and have a Brittany galette every day for dinner.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: chveik on June 25, 2020, 07:44:06 PM
if you're serious about it, follow the billionaires and go to New Zealand. certainly not France.
New Zealand is currently governed by a coalition including the racist, homophobic New Zealand First party, but Labour is likely to win a good majority in September. Sweden still seems quite left-wing: they also have a Moderate Party and a Centre Party.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on June 25, 2020, 07:47:03 PM
I would live in Normandy and have a Brittany galette every day for dinner.

We could even ride bicycles with big strings of garlic around our necks. Beats wild garlic strolls in the woods.

Bronzy

What about eSwatini

Sounds like a cool internet country or something

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bronzy on June 25, 2020, 07:52:50 PM
What about eSwatini

Sounds like a cool internet country or something

my friend runs a mobile phone business there

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: chveik on June 25, 2020, 07:41:44 PM
they're not that powerful. western politicians make their propaganda for them but they don't really have the same interests in the long term.

I don't really see Isreal as controlling british politicians (which of course would be a trope). I do think, looking at the list of politicians in LFI it's quite likely there isn't any control at all, they're just for sale. The LFI group drops money on the floor near them for them to pick up with the unspoken agreement that they'll stop dropping it if they stop acting in their interests.

Buelligan

Quote from: chveik on June 25, 2020, 07:41:44 PM

Corbyn.

The Lobby.

chveik

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 25, 2020, 07:49:24 PM
New Zealand is currently governed by a coalition including the racist, homophobic New Zealand First party, but Labour is likely to win a good majority in September. Sweden still seems quite left-wing: they also have a Moderate Party and a Centre Party.

yeah I know, but apparently it's the country that will be the least affected by environmental collapse. the alternative is indeed nicer liberal democracies. in any case, you need to be rich enough, unless you're prepared to do a 'shitmuncher' job. (it still seems a bit unresponsible to me, talking of "fleeing" only makes sense when you have no political agency whatsoever).

Buelligan

chveik