Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:39:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked [split topic]

Started by bgmnts, June 25, 2020, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: jsgibble on June 25, 2020, 05:37:51 PM
It doesn't feel good having no one to vote for, but it looks like that's the way it is at the moment.
Nah, it feels great. Remember what it was like having your hopes dashed? Painful. No chance of that nowadays 😊

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on June 25, 2020, 03:51:33 PM
If you want my advice, leave the UK.

BINGO.

FUCK STARMER.

This is abysmal. All those who were saying "give him a chance"...nah, it's Occam's razor all the way with modern politics. A dead eyed fish is a dead eyed fish. I pray for strife and turmoil only so that people may get off the beach and tear down the structures of mendacity and suppression. The Israeli state is behind much of this. It should be called out without fear.

bgmnts

But these are global problems, moving to another country doesn't help create positive change wherever you are!

Danger Man

Quote from: bgmnts on June 25, 2020, 05:41:30 PM
But these are global problems, moving to another country doesn't help create positive change wherever you are!

yeah but at least the summer lasts more than a month.

jobotic

Some of us can't. I suppose we deserve to wallow in the shit we created, yes?

If Starmer did it to stop the press why not meet with MPs and explain that?

But where exactly should one flee to? (Asking for a friend in the U.S.)

France, where Marine Le Pen is leading with a plurality in the latest poll?

Sebastian Cobb

I love the doublespeak in explanations like this on why starmer had to sack her (this is what David Schneider retweeted it with btw).

https://twitter.com/Sara_Rose_G/status/1276171378044125189

Perhaps if you need 'a shit-tonne of context' then the point your making is 'fucking tenuous'.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on June 25, 2020, 04:44:05 PM
Being honest, if Starmer was PM now, it'd be better.  But not a real win.  I'd be like the US having Obama.  Something better but still dancing the old dance.  Is that worth waiting for?  Is there time to wait?

No, Starmer is far worse than Boris. He's the dead eyed psychopath that nods the bully boys through to your weekly kicking.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on June 25, 2020, 05:03:03 PM
One fucking line that isn't antisemitic.  That's the horror of it.  If she'd shared something evil, fair fucks, but that's not what happened. 

When truth and lies start changing places, that's when you need to stand up for truth.

One fucking line that speaks to the evil that still persists in the upper echelons of power. We know they are scared, but they hold too many cards. Time to tear down.

Twit 2

jobotic

You don't do consensus friendly but critical politics with psychopathic far-right criminals and then pretend to have the higher ground. Starmer is revolting.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: NoSleep on June 25, 2020, 05:11:56 PM
He craves the membership who joined under Corbyn to jack it in. It'll be job done. Worth more than our subs to have a more centre right consensus and a more powerful (i.e. less democratic) PLP, like Blair engineered. That's why the NEC election is important; to maintain (and extend) the power of the membership.

Bookmarked. I think there will be similar underhand dealings that mean your final pipe dream disappears down the drain. Only Thugler will remain to say "give the guy a chance, he's Tip Top Top Shop Top Fop"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on June 25, 2020, 05:41:30 PM

I'm moving to Cwmbran! It's another country.

Pingers

Christ, he's as bad as Blair, possibly worse. Unless it's all a clever ruse to deceive the electorate and then do something much more radical in office (only joking, it's only Tories who do that).

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pingers on June 25, 2020, 05:53:13 PM
Christ, he's as bad as Blair, possibly worse. Unless it's all a clever ruse to deceive the electorate and then do something much more radical in office (only joking, it's only Tories who do that).

Blair at least did some things.. This CRETIN is pestilence incarnate. Get him out now.

NoSleep

He'll carry on from the Tories, accompanied by his Frank Spencer impersonation.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: NoSleep on June 25, 2020, 05:55:16 PM
He'll carry on from the Tories, accompanied by his Frank Spencer impersonation.

I prefer a Tory government to this obsequious TOAD! He will ruin the country.

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 25, 2020, 05:51:13 PM
I'm moving to Cwmbran! It's another country.

Cwmbran single-handedly props up the Wagon Wheel industry. Just sayin'

Anyway, I'm sure we'd all like to leave when things get tough but as people said, a lot of us cannot move to pastures green and in the end it doesnt inspire change. If all the good people just up and left it'd be shit.

canadagoose

Ferris

Endicott

If you all leave, who's going to vote for the left ticket at the NEC elections?

GoblinAhFuckScary

Gotta say all these posts about wanting to flee are giving me those privileged middle-class takes from brexit again. No-one's gonna stop you if you can but it's the working-class and people of colour in general that will have to swallow it.

I want to leave very very much and I am rather in a lot of turmoil because my personhood as a trans-person is under repeated attack here. Where do I go? I'm in debt, disabled, and seemingly have very little prospects.

Danger Man

Quote from: Twit 2 on June 25, 2020, 05:48:39 PM
I'm going to move to Dubai.

Remember to bring a hat as it's 24 hour a day sunshine out there and your BIG BALDY HEAD will be redder than the Labour Party.

NoSleep

Quote from: Endicott on June 25, 2020, 06:07:01 PM
If you all leave, who's going to vote for the left ticket at the NEC elections?

I'm staying for that, as should everybody.

NoSleep

Quote from: Danger Man on June 25, 2020, 06:08:43 PM
Remember to bring a hat as it's 24 hour a day sunshine out there and your BIG BALDY HEAD will be redder than the Labour Party.

You could achieve that at the Antarctic under the current management.

Twit 2

Quote from: Danger Man on June 25, 2020, 06:08:43 PM

Of course. I've a matching cane with which to physically instruct the inferior women out there.

Norton Canes

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame, Starmer
You give Labour
A bad name (bad name)

I played my part
And you played your game, Starmer
You give Labour
A bad name

Cloud

Just vote Tory, they're to the left of Blair's Labour at least nowadays :D

Sebastian Cobb

So glad I don't have to lend this useless shit-sack a vote.

jobotic

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on June 25, 2020, 06:07:21 PM
Gotta say all these posts about wanting to flee are giving me those privileged middle-class takes from brexit again. No-one's gonna stop you if you can but it's the working-class and people of colour in general that will have to swallow it.

I want to leave very very much and I am rather in a lot of turmoil because my personhood as a trans-person is under repeated attack here. Where do I go? I'm in debt, disabled, and seemingly have very little prospects.

Spot on.

Neil Coyle says Maxine Peake should be expelled.

Yeah who needs her? We need grown ups clapping along as Vote Leave asset strip the country.