Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cyberpunk 2077

Started by Chollis, June 25, 2020, 05:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Sorry does it seriously have major bugs and glitches?

The fucking gall of the cunts, if true.

MojoJojo

When a game is delayed for a few weeks close to release it's almost guaranteed to still be pretty buggy when it's eventually released, isn't it?

brat-sampson

Quote from: Timothy on December 08, 2020, 03:51:52 PM
Canceled my pre-order. Gonna wait a few months until the bugs are patched. Sounds like a great RPG but now it's still in early access. Same as when the Witcher released basically. And just 15 hours for main story is quite short for a RPG.

Bit baffled by all the high scores if the game is still quite broken.

15 hours would be a bit surprising when many pieces are being written after 40-odd but still aren't ready to be considered 'final reviews'...

This epilepsy thing needs to be fixed ASAP though, which will be doable on PC but could take days for console certification.

Timothy

IGN said they managed to finish the game in 20 hours and he beat it three times in 45 hours:

QuoteThis may come as a shock to anyone who has played CDPR's previous Witcher games, especially The Witcher 3, but when I was mainlining the story it only took me around 20 hours to beat. That said, that only gave me access to three distinct endings, all of which were enjoyable but offered less control over the outcome than I would have expected. It was only after reloading a save from before the point of no return and spending another 20 hours playing through side missions, falling in love with characters, and leaving more of a mark on Night City that I went back to finish the story once again only to find my options had been massively expanded through my actions. After putting roughly 45 hours into Cyberpunk 2077, I was able to beat it seven different ways, including three drastically different final missions and five wildly different but satisfying endings after them (plus one similar one) – and I still have plenty more to do and lots of mysteries to hunt down.

Gamepressure said it could be completed in 20:

QuoteEven before the release, representatives of the Polish studio CD Projekt RED revealed that the main storyline in Cyberpunk 2077 will be shorter than that of The Witcher 3. As we had the pleasure to play the RPG for review, we know how quick the game can be completed. Our editor managed to finish Cyberpunk 2077 in a surprising 30 hours, not focusing only on the main storyline. According to him - after analyzing what he managed to complete from the side content - the end credits can start rolling after about 20 hours, which is somewhat disappointing. Especially after one of the developers aroused expectations about the length of Cyberpunk 2077.

That, the bugs and the fact that they didn't allow anyone to play the game on console for a review has made me decide to cancel the pre-order for now. IGN said that it's better to wait half a year and play the game then. Hope it's gonna be fixed earlier then that.

bgmnts

To be fair you can complete Fallout New Vegas' main storyline in a couple of hours but it's one of the RPGs ever made.

Mister Six

Yeah, the length of the main campaign isn't necessarily indicative of actual playtime in an RPG. If they'd done all side quests and still clocked it in under 30 hours I'd be concerned.

brat-sampson

Don't know how long Witcher 3 would be if you mainlined it, but tbf that game took me almost 100 hours. I'm ok with not every game being an Assassins Creed/Persona-length.

Zetetic

"I can play this game - which I enjoy enough to want it last a long time - in a way that limits the entertainment I derive from it. It doesn't even encourage me to, but it is possible."

Zetetic

I suppose probably part of the take comes from the impossibility of actually determining whether you enjoyed or obtained anything else from a game that you've spent the best part of a week of your life playing solidly for work.

Best to find a trivial metric rather than trying to engage with whether the work has any actual value.

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on December 08, 2020, 03:49:53 PM
Doesn't every game come with a seizure and epilepsy warning anyway?

(game that literally kills you)

gamers: eh, there's a warning to be fair

Zetetic

Quote from: brat-sampson on December 08, 2020, 04:07:46 PM
This epilepsy thing needs to be fixed ASAP though, which will be doable on PC but could take days for console certification.
Appropriate response from gatekeepers on PC and consoles would be to disable the game until patched.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: MojoJojo on December 08, 2020, 04:03:45 PM
When a game is delayed for a few weeks close to release it's almost guaranteed to still be pretty buggy when it's eventually released, isn't it?

With what I know of development cycles and from the leaked stuff I've watched - and to be frank this is conjecture but - it looks like one of the lead developers ended up having to walk into a director's office and point a gun at his own head until the game got delayed, because they were about to release a career-killingly buggy pile of shite in November because of the suits not wanting to admit the game was not ready.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: bgmnts on December 08, 2020, 03:49:53 PM
Doesn't every game come with a seizure and epilepsy warning anyway?

Aye but that's ballacks because those warnings are to cover standard stroboscopic flashing IE flickery horror lights and muzzle flashes, which are UNLIKELY to cause epileptic seizures, but still carry a chance of inciting issues anyway. It's a blanket warning to say "This game has colors and lights that can flash or flicker", not "THIS GAME HAS A FUCKING FLASHING SEQUENCE DIRECTLY AKIN TO MEDICAL EQUIPMENT USED TO INDUCE THEM". I have a friend who's photosensitive epileptic and he's able to play most games, he just has to be careful about certain sequences. I think he's only ever seized once, and that was in a Half-Life map with an area specifically designed to nauseate the player.

I've worn one of the aforementioned flash-your-fucking-gob-off headsets as part of my (negative) testing for photosensitive epilepsy because of my own photosensitivity (as yet undetermined) to rapid white/black/red flashes. It makes me dumbfounded and confused and physically unstable to the point of being potentially dangerous, but it doesn't induce a full seizure in me or anything. I can safely say experiencing it was one of the most unpleasant things I've ever been through though, and I really don't reccommend it. If it is as sincere as this person, whom actually does have photosensitive epilepsy, says, then I am actually amazed nobody on the legal or QA side was like "Maybe this is a bit much? Even for the blanket warning?"

It's the difference between your average "This film has flashing lights" warning and that notoriously painful Pokémon sequence that got the show temporarily banned. There was a similar controversy about the video for the Kanye/Rihanna/Kid Cudi joint "All Of The Lights"; the music video was found to flash at a framerate vastly more likely to cause seizures in photosensitive people and it was required to have a pre-video Epilepsy Action warning even ontop of the standard music TV warnings.

Chedney Honks

The epilepsy stuff is almost the worst thing about this fucking dogshit game, besides the utterly predictable embarrassing tropey shit that makes up its entire being.

Ferris

JamesTC

I thought games have the epilepsy warning because Nintendo wanted to cover their arse from a tabloid witch-hunt and it was just easier to put a warning than to explain that games don't cause epilepsy (any more than anything else on TV).

If there is something specific that could cause epilepsy then it needs to be removed or at least have a more specific warning than the generic one they usually add. That said, you should expect a certain higher level of flashing lights given the setting but it would be good practice to add a more prominent warning even if it is obvious.

With regards to the bugs, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until the Day 1 patch. There hasn't been anything game breaking reported so the fixes that are needed are only small fixes so hopefully they can manage to catch enough of them to make it a smooth launch.

Zetetic

Quote from: JamesTC on December 08, 2020, 07:16:19 PMThat said, you should expect a certain higher level of flashing lights given the setting

???

JamesTC

Quote from: Zetetic on December 08, 2020, 07:19:27 PM
???

Look at any trailer. The city is full of bright flashing lights.

Zetetic

mobias

It was always going to be a total bug ridden mess. I don't know why that surprises anyone and why people on PC are falling over themselves to spend thousands on an RTX graphics card this week just so they can play a bug ridden mess. Come back to it in a few months time and then it'll be worth playing. Plus there's something to be said for even waiting until all the story DLC for it is out. People who waited until after both DLC's were released for W3 probably got the most out of them, if they did a full playthrough in one big go. 

As to its length. I'm totally cool with it being way, way shorter than Witcher 3. I prefer games that are shorter and sharper with their main story. I loved the massive sprawling narrative of Witcher 3 but there were a few bits of it which felt like it was seriously treading water for the sake of the over ambition of the writers.

Moribunderast

That story about people sending videos to induce seizures in that reviewer is just dismal. Gamers are the absolute worst. I play video games a lot but there's a reason I rarely bother discussing them or following the "conversation". Just the shittiest fanbase in any entertainment genre I've known.

I'm still looking forward to booting the game up tomorrow but be fucked if I'll be following the "discourse" around it. It's gonna make all the gnashing over TLOU2 look civilised.

Zetetic

H-O-W-L

The marketing has fucked this game right and proper. It is fucked. No matter what they do, their marketing team huffing amphetamines and 24/7 oversaturating everyone's eyeballs with it has fucked any chances it had of being received softly.

I'm directly in the target market for this game, the heinous transphobia aside, as I'm a huge fan of cyberpunk works and was interested in 2020 and Shadowrun for a while. I actually want fucking nothing to do with it because of how insulting and misfired the marketing has been.

Moribunderast

Quote from: Zetetic on December 08, 2020, 08:33:48 PM
Gnashing?

Flailing, crying, tantrum-throwing, whichever you like. I feel like Cyberpunk is going to cause The Gamers to reach a low more pathetic than "That woman's arms are unrealistically muscled so I must now harass the voice actress!"

Zetetic

Inspector Norse

I think the game looks quite fun

JamesTC

Quote from: Moribunderast on December 08, 2020, 08:38:48 PM
Flailing, crying, tantrum-throwing, whichever you like. I feel like Cyberpunk is going to cause The Gamers to reach a low more pathetic than "That woman's arms are unrealistically muscled so I must now harass the voice actress!"

The sad thing is, she was actually positive about the game. She just raised concerns about potential seizure triggers.

Mobius

Any other cunt going to play this on a base PS4, or am I the only mug here?

Apparently the cars just look like a smudge until you give the game a few seconds to render the graphics. Can't wait!

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: Mobius on December 08, 2020, 10:30:50 PM
Any other cunt going to play this on a base PS4, or am I the only mug here?

Another cunt right here. Suspect that I will be temporarily shelving my playthrough when it proves unworkable if the early impressions are anything to go by.

The talk of forced edginess also somewhat concerning.

I just want to play something with the quest writing of Witcher 3 but in a setting that appeals more to me than a High Fantasy one does.

JamesTC

Quote from: Harpo Speaks on December 08, 2020, 11:17:18 PM
I just want to play something with the quest writing of Witcher 3 but in a setting that appeals more to me than a High Fantasy one does.

Lead quest designer is the same as The Witcher 3, isn't he?

I wonder how different the playthrough is depending on which life path you choose. Does anybody who has played The Witcher 3 know if that had a life path system which changed the game in a significant way?