Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:42:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cyberpunk 2077

Started by Chollis, June 25, 2020, 05:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

Quote from: JamesTC on June 28, 2020, 02:45:29 PM
I should probably find the time to play The Witcher 3 beforehand.

good god yes

mobias

Play Witcher 3 on PC if you can. Its amazing with a shit load of mods shoved in it.

Kryton

Quote from: mobias on June 30, 2020, 03:59:43 PM
Play Witcher 3 on PC if you can. Its amazing with a shit load of mods shoved in it.

I've just started it. The plot and the dialogue and story is fucking great, but the combat is a bit naff. I was expecting Dark Souls like combat (because I'm a cunt), but instead got janky, wishy washy shit. But it's good when you chop some bastard's arm off, I'll give you that.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Kryton on June 30, 2020, 05:12:09 PM
I was expecting Dark Souls like combat (because I'm a cunt), but instead got janky, wishy washy shit.
Just like Dark Souls combat, then.

mobias

Quote from: Kryton on June 30, 2020, 05:12:09 PM
I've just started it. The plot and the dialogue and story is fucking great, but the combat is a bit naff. I was expecting Dark Souls like combat (because I'm a cunt), but instead got janky, wishy washy shit. But it's good when you chop some bastard's arm off, I'll give you that.

Yeah the combat is the weakest link in the game. Thats why I prefer building up the sign abilities and using those. They're more fun. I just use combat to supplement them. You can certainly do that if you're not playing on the harder game modes anyway.

The cut senses are really well done. Playing this again over the last few days really hammers home how ultimately boring and charmless I found RDR2.

One thing that worries me about Cyberpunk is how emotionally invested and immersed am I likely to get in it? Probably not very.

Kryton

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 30, 2020, 05:47:11 PM
Just like Dark Souls combat, then.

Nah, Dark souls had weight bro. This is the opposite.

I'm playing it currently. Janky as fuck.

Kryton

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 30, 2020, 08:43:11 PM
I'm playing it currently. Janky as fuck.

Still better than Witcher 3 mind. At least weight means something, poise, weapons etc.
Witcher 3 it's just floaty slash, floaty swoop

I'm sick of hearing about it at this point.

bgmnts

Genuinely not arsed anymore.

I assume some poor employees are going to get crunched to absolute fuck though.

Moribunderast

Quote from: bgmnts on October 30, 2020, 09:36:41 PM
Genuinely not arsed anymore.

I assume some poor employees are going to get crunched to absolute fuck though.

Apparently the crunch has been happening for two years. Sounds like a terrible place to work.

I rarely buy games first day but I was going to for this. Now I think I'll wait a bit and get it used. There's gonna be a decent period of patching even once it's out, I'd assume.

It was funny seeing fanboys start sending the devs death threats because of the latest delay. If only there were a way to ensure those fans never got to play it.

mobias

I was initially really excited for this but I've long since stopped following it all. I'm sure it'll end up being a great game but I definitely have a wait and see approach to it. Its funny that the hype for the PC version of it is being fuelled by the new graphics cards from Nvidea and AMD but because of issues in the global manufacture of the graphics chips the new cards are nigh on impossible to get hold of, and it looks like its going to remain that way into next year. Certainly for the PC crowd its taken a bit of the hype away.

All those cyber cocks on hold.

surreal

It's like every time a new open world game comes out there are people who are expecting to be able to live in it, and then disappointed when they keep getting "arrow in the knee" type interactions.  This will be no different.  I expect as there's graphic nudity in this one it will attract more than its share of incel mentalists, hence the death threats.

Zetetic

There's graphic nudity in every PC-compatible open world game within a matter of days of release.

surreal

evilcommiedictator

The music in the game is going to be fucking awful:
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/cyberpunk-2077-the-talent-behind-the-soundtrack-revealed/
Quotethe following artists and musicians who have recorded music for the game: Run the Jewels, Refused, Grimes, A$AP Rocky, Gazelle Twin, Ilan Rubin, Richard Devine, Nina Kraviz, Deadly Hunta, Rat Boy, and Tina Guo, giving players a taste of what to expect from the music of Night City.
White girl music, awesome, nothing more cyber or punk than that!

Mister Six

Run the Jewels are decent and Grimes has done some great stuff. Don't know A$AP Rocky and haven't heard of the rest, but in not writing it off based on that.

Chedney Honks

A$AP Rocky is a black man, but same same.

This will be a fucking embarrassment for many more reasons than the soundtrack.

Thursday

Bet this'll still have some issues at launch and it'll be better to wait a few months anyway.

QRDL

I remember Richard Devine from around the time when Autechre released Draft and Untilted. He was extremely good at imbuing his electonic bleeps and bloops with sensual characteristics. Nobody could make a beat sound disgustingly greasy as well as him.  Absolutely no talent for composition though. No atmosphere or logic to his tracks. At least none that I could see.

wooders1978

Probably gonna leave this until I get around to buying a ps5 at some stage next year

My main concern is that Witcher had a rich wealth of books and backstory to feed from making it into a great, albeit flawed, game - you sorta forgave its weaker elements (shit combat for example) as the story and characters were so rewarding - these were not cd projekt reds characters however so they don't have that safety net to fall back on this time

Timothy

Just canceled my pre-order. The Witcher was really buggy at release and it took quite a lot of time before the patches made the game work. Gonna buy it when it's patched and I know it's good.

Nobody Soup

Quote from: wooders1978 on November 02, 2020, 10:48:01 AM
Probably gonna leave this until I get around to buying a ps5 at some stage next year

My main concern is that Witcher had a rich wealth of books and backstory to feed from making it into a great, albeit flawed, game - you sorta forgave its weaker elements (shit combat for example) as the story and characters were so rewarding - these were not cd projekt reds characters however so they don't have that safety net to fall back on this time

I thought they had taken a lot from the cyberpunk card game so it was kind of the same here.

but anyway, I think you're right. I'm not buying until after christmas, partly in protest over the crunch practice, partly because it sounds like it will be a mess on PS4 and bugged to all hell.

Chollis

Quote from: Timothy on November 02, 2020, 01:38:31 PM
Gonna buy it when it's patched and I know it's good.

same. not arsed about getting this on launch now

Mister Six

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on November 02, 2020, 01:18:55 AM
The music in the game is going to be fucking awful:
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/cyberpunk-2077-the-talent-behind-the-soundtrack-revealed/White girl music, awesome, nothing more cyber or punk than that!

"White girl music":

(Hip-hoppers Run the Jewels)

(Swedish hardcore band Refused)

(Alt-pop/electronica musician Grimes)

(Hip-hop/trap star A$AP Rocky)

(Experimental noise-pop thing Gazelle Twin)

(NIN, Paramore and, erm, Lostprophets drummer turned MOR indie-rock-pop guy Ilan Rubin)

(IDM noiseman Richard Devine)

(Russian techno and house DJ Nina Kraviz)

(UK reggae man Deadly Hunta)

(UK indie kid Rat Boy and his mates)

(Cellist Tina Guo)

Now I suppose it depends how you define "white girl music", but having listened to all of this lot today, I wouldn't call them traditional mainstream stuff. Maybe Rat Boy and Ilan Rubin (especially the latter) are poppy/bland enough, respectively, to do all right as a bit of filler on Radio One, but none of them are Blackpink (who are great, BTW).

Did you just look at the names and see a couple of women and freak out?

druss

Definitely a couple of white girls there, that's a boycott from me.

evilcommiedictator

The link is now borked it seems, but Grimes was fronting an event talking about the music and she was being presented as the face of it, hence my remarks