Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:08:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cyberpunk 2077

Started by Chollis, June 25, 2020, 05:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

About £10 worth of damage

kittens

Quote from: CDPR
"An unidentified actor gained unauthorized access to our internal network, collected certain data belonging to CD Projekt capital group, and left a ransom note the content of which we release to the public."

how can they be so sure it was an actor. maybe they saw an oscar in the background of the ransom video

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on February 09, 2021, 10:42:32 AM
About £10 worth of damage

Quote from: kittens on February 09, 2021, 11:13:59 AM
how can they be so sure it was an actor. maybe they saw an oscar in the background of the ransom video

Absolutely fuming you cunts did both of the jokes I thought of.

QDRPHNC

druss

I hope they don't go under, I really want Witcher 3 working flawlessly on PS5.

PlanktonSideburns

apparantley the hacker wrote the two lines of code on the back of an envelope and ran off

Chollis

Quote from: druss on February 09, 2021, 05:00:10 PM
I hope they don't go under, I really want Witcher 3 working flawlessly on PS5.

yeah I'm just waiting on that remaster. one last blowout, come on lads

H-O-W-L

Fucked off this game when I got to act 3 and realized that was literally it. Done all the sidequests and all, without realizing I'd done all of it. Felt like the game was half done.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: H-O-W-L on February 09, 2021, 10:29:25 PM
Fucked off this game when I got to act 3 and realized that was literally it. Done all the sidequests and all, without realizing I'd done all of it. Felt like the game was half done.

If you've 90 minutes of your life to squander then this video quite accurately breaks down the game and summarises all the main issues with it.
https://youtu.be/N2qLPFSdQGY

El Unicornio, mang

brat-sampson

Patch 1.2 just dropped, the changelist is *enormous* so at the very least I'm hoping if I go back to my PC playthrough it will be significantly less buggy. What it does to PS4/XB1 performance, I couldn't say, but it does list improvements in that area too.

Patch notes in full.

In short (thanks Redditor)

• makes driving less painful

• fixes a lot of bugged quests

• fixes some of the animation glitches

• fixes a small percentage of broken perks

• improved stability on all platforms

• cops now automagically teleport-spawn further behind you instead of right up your ass

• minor improvements to NPC AI

• Scripted companions don't yell constantly when you're sneaking now

• AMD-card-owners can now turn Ray Tracing on

• Restructured how third-party mods work for PC

Mobius

Reading some people saying performance is improved, and some saying much worse (on all consoles + PC) I guess such a big patch and so many fixes will inevitably bring more issues.

I still think that even with all bugs/glitches fixed, it's a mediocre game. They've got a lot of work to do before they can make actual fundamental changes.

St_Eddie

Quote from: brat-sampson on March 29, 2021, 06:57:08 PM

• makes driving less painful

• fixes a lot of bugged quests

• fixes some of the animation glitches

• fixes a small percentage of broken perks

• improved stability on all platforms

• cops now automagically teleport-spawn further behind you instead of right up your ass

• minor improvements to NPC AI

• Scripted companions don't yell constantly when you're sneaking now

• AMD-card-owners can now turn Ray Tracing on

• Restructured how third-party mods work for PC

They ought to prioritise.  The main thing which needs patching is the shit game.  Patch game to be good, developers.

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 30, 2021, 11:47:57 PM
They ought to prioritise.  The main thing which needs patching is the shit game.  Patch game to be good, developers.

they should patch it and replace it with just Deus Ex, the original one

Chedney Honks

Here's a theory, Cyberpunk as a genre is fucking shit.

mobias

Quote from: Chedney Honks on March 31, 2021, 06:41:54 PM
Here's a theory, Cyberpunk as a genre is fucking shit.

I'm inclined to agree with this statement.

Ferris

The first Matrix film where they're all in the grotty club listening to industrial techno with all mad hair and steampunk goggles and that, that were good. Went downhill after that.

Was that cyberpunk? If so, that bit was good. If not, then yeah bin it off.

El Unicornio, mang

I think it can be as good as the stories it's telling. Akira, Robocop, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell. I generally like the cyberpunk aesthetic anyway though.

Ferris

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 31, 2021, 06:51:22 PM
I think it can be as good as the stories it's telling. Akira, Robocop, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell. I generally like the cyberpunk aesthetic anyway though.

Ok actually yeah those are all great.

Opinion updated: the Unicorn is right, and the Crab is wrong.

Chedney Honks

Oh, yeah, I forgot about all them I love. Couple of my favourite ever films there.

I think it's just that dyed hair, metal fanny, everyone is a cunt CDPR shallow version of Cyberpunk thats I think is total shit.

Spiteface

What about the Billy Idol album, "Cyberpunk"?

Chedney Honks

Also inevitably brilliant.

Ferris

Quote from: Spiteface on March 31, 2021, 06:53:14 PM
What about the Billy Idol album, "Cyberpunk"?

Pinnacle of the genre.

Cuellar

I keep trying to read Neuromancer but I get a few pages in and just cannot be bothered.

Mister Six

Neuromancer is overrated. Snow Crash is great fun (and prescient with regard to stuff like Second Life) until it turns into someone's shit Masters thesis on meme theory for a million chapters.

Cyberpunk as a genre is weird because it's basically the future of the past. Its aesthetic[nb]And cyberpunk is mostly aesthetic.[/nb] has long been made redundant by what are now old-hat advances in technology, while its themes are being more usefully deployed in other, more contemporarily relevant genres.

It's basically as irrelevant and self-indulgent as steampunk, at this point. It's functionally indistinguishable from Fallout's nuclear-age apocalypse.

samadriel

Quote from: Cuellar on March 31, 2021, 06:56:56 PM
I keep trying to read Neuromancer but I get a few pages in and just cannot be bothered.

Read Virtual Light for top-tier William Gibson.

H-O-W-L

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is the best "cyberpunk" (it's barely even cyberpunk) work ever made, you cannot prove me wrong, cunts.

lazarou

Digital Foundry have done their thing again and it's still not sounding great. Best improvements are for PS4 Pro which now runs reasonably well (at the expense of increased pop-in) but still suffers from crashes (both models of PS4 crashed within 2 hours of play apparently). Xbox apparently not crashing in tests but only negligible performance gains. Seems like the lion's share of the work so far is still going into bugfixes before they get to serious performance optimisation, at this rate we'll be looking at it being in any kind of decent shape on base consoles by the end of the year or something, that's assuming they don't just entirely shift focus to the next-gen updates once those release.

H-O-W-L

Should've just not fucking bothered with last gen at all honestly.