Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:43:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bournemouth crowds

Started by Fambo Number Mive, June 25, 2020, 05:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Doesn't sound like Bournemouth is a fun place to be at the moment:

QuoteSun-seekers have been urged to stay away from the beach as thousands flocked to the Dorset coast and a major incident was declared in Bournemouth.

Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole Council said it was "stretched to the absolute hilt" on the second day of a UK heatwave.

Dorset Police said there were reports of gridlocked roads, fights and overnight camping.

People were urged to "act responsibly" as temperatures hit the mid-20s.

By mid-morning Bournemouth beach was busy "as far as the eye can see" and the Durdle Door car park was approaching capacity...

The council said declaring a major incident means a "multi-agency emergency response has now been activated to co-ordinate resources across the area to tackle the issues"...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53176717

The government talk about relying on the common sense of the British public but a large percentage don't have common sense. I know they are out in the open air but corona is still being spread. There's not a lot the local council can do and the local Tory MP is annoyed at the government for not being "dynamic" enough, whatever that means. I don't really know what can be done, people can drive wherever they want in England and you can't restrict entry to the beach.

bgmnts

It'll be the same in Wales soon, in fact its getting there, and it'll be fucking shite.

Alberon

I went to West Wittering beach on Tuesday. The car park there had a booking system so only so many could get in (though some others parked near by and walked). It was busy, but still enough room for everyone to socially distance. Would not go to a more public beach like Bournemouth right now. I wouldn't anyway even if there was no virus, I know it's cooler by the sea, but it'll still be too hot in that sun.

BlodwynPig

A bit of a lame article

QuoteDurdle Door car park was approaching capacity.

CRIKEY!

Quotetemperatures hit the mid-20s.

SCORCHER!

Beige England does it again.

Icehaven

Hope they all fucking die.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Pingers

It would be good if they all (those old enough to have made a decision to go there) died. What hope is there for us when people like this still live?

Danger Man

Quote from: Alberon on June 25, 2020, 05:43:58 PM
I know it's cooler by the sea, but it'll still be too hot in that sun.

And in a pollution free UK the sun is going to be even more cancerous.

flotemysost

Butchers Blind

Everyone knows the hot sun burns the Covid away.

Captain Z

They were there to protect the miniature sand statues of English castles from being washed down by the woke liberal lefty Marxist sea.

Cloud

Hopefully with there being infinite ventilation it won't actually have much impact like there wasn't last time the beaches looked like that.  There might even be some benefit in a way in that it gets some vitamin D into people.  (Not that it stops the spread, but might make their immune system behave better if they get it)

The pubs next weekend though allowing "1m+" indoors (even that clearly won't happen) - when the rest of Europe having just done that is battling a second wave - is what I'd be much more worried about.  And now it's "let's get holidays started up again!" - barmy

It's the selfishness that rankles, people travelling 100's of miles to leave their trash and get into fights.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Here's some lovely pictures of all the rubbish and literal human shit left behind: https://mobile.twitter.com/domdyer70/status/1276052400592347146

Selfish bastards.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 26, 2020, 08:39:18 AM
Here's some lovely pictures of all the rubbish and literal human shit left behind: https://mobile.twitter.com/domdyer70/status/1276052400592347146

Selfish bastards.

Maybe put pictures up of people dying or dead from Coronavirus on lampposts - like they do with cigarette packs. Shame people to be responsible.

Icehaven

I don't think anyone who can enjoy themselves in an environment like that is a genuine human, even without the virus, but particularly with it. It literally looks like the very definition of the hell that is other people and their fucking sun umbrellas. The only mercy is not being able to hear those pictures but imagining the noise coming off the cunts is giving me the fear, may God stamp them to a painful death.

Bazooka

Once when I lived in Korea, we had gone to this overnight gathering at a lake in Daegu,probably 80 or so people (ex pats), anyway we woke up next morning and there was just rubbish everywhere, but most people had fucked off.  Anyway these Koreans came through walking and they saw it and of course disgusted, starting pointing it out.  So we all started clearing it up, there was so many bottles, cans etc none of it was my friends, we had respect, we felt so ashamed when the Koreans turned up, because the cunts that did it tarred every Westerner there with the same brush. It's what I love so much about the Asia I've experienced (talking about the countries I've lived in and visted) they may be behind on some social issues, but at least people show much more respect in society on the whole.

It's systematic bad parenting.

Alberon

On the local news last night they said the town was hit by a spate of car-tipping. That's just leaving your car where you can, double yellow lines, roundabouts and paying the fine later.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Alberon on June 26, 2020, 10:18:38 AM
On the local news last night they said the town was hit by a spate of car-tipping. That's just leaving your car where you can, double yellow lines, roundabouts and paying the fine later.

Oh, I though it was something similar to cow-tipping but with cars.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on June 25, 2020, 05:37:03 PM
It'll be the same in Wales soon, in fact its getting there, and it'll be fucking shite.

Already happening. They've had a mass seaside brawl.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53186920

Icehaven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 26, 2020, 10:27:42 AM

QuoteResidents also reported crowds of people partying in Barry Island, and beaches in Swansea, with one describing it as a nightly "Spring Break" party on beaches near their home.

Nice to see MTV from the 90s has finally made it to Swansea.

Head Gardener

public loos will be shut so where do folks do a poo? (asking for a friend)

bgmnts

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 26, 2020, 10:27:42 AM

Fucksake. You just CANNOT have large groups of people together. People need to learn this.

Gulftastic

People really are scum. At every level of society.

Icehaven

Quote from: Head Gardener on June 26, 2020, 11:17:55 AM

In other people's gardens apparently. Fucking pigs.

BlodwynPig

^^^^^ in a pizza box

Captain Z

Quotehttps://mobile.twitter.com/domdyer70/status/1276052400592347146
QuotePeople had even defecated in burger boxes & left on beach.

Sin Agog

As someone who pooed in the sea not three days ago, it is the most divine defecation imaginable, like immersing oneself inside a giant bidet.  You can also mentally justify it by saying you're helping fertilise the pelagic food web, which needs it 'cause of the dearth of wildlife poop ('cause of the dearth of wildlife).  In reality, though, people poop and whale poop is very different and I shouldn't have done it.

shiftwork2

Burger boxes?  I say, how's that for a Whopper.

bgmnts

How can you have such disrespect for where you live? I honestly thought we were all taught as children to put rubbish in the bin, its up there with potty training and tying shoe laces surely.