Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:52:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bournemouth crowds

Started by Fambo Number Mive, June 25, 2020, 05:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

The EU wants us to put rubbish in bins - up yours Mr Juncker!

buntyman

I've never even considered not putting my burger box in the bin once I've shat in it. It's just basic, common decency.

Quote from: bgmnts on June 26, 2020, 01:27:09 PM
How can you have such disrespect for where you live? I honestly thought we were all taught as children to put rubbish in the bin, its up there with potty training and tying shoe laces surely.

Because the cunts don't live here. At least not if the 20 mile tailbacks from Hurn to Cadnam last night were anything to go by.

It's standard for tourists to come down, use the south coast as a toilet and fuck off back home again. I've lived here all 38 years of my life and I can count on one hand the number of times I've spent a day on Bournemouth beach in peak season. It's fucking unbearable, even when there's facilities open.

earl_sleek

I think British people in general seem to have little consideration for disposing of rubbish properly instead of soiling their and others' environment. It's a fantastically beautiful island, marred by plastic bags and crisp packets.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Head Gardener on June 26, 2020, 11:17:55 AM
public loos will be shut so where do folks do a poo? (asking for a friend)

Why has 't anyone written " at paul's" yet? Is that passé nowadays? Oh, I just don't know what's what anymore.

Brundle-Fly

"If we can't get pissed, dump litter, fight, racially abuse the locals, play our shitty music, football chant, sexually assault a drunk woman, get chlamydia and take a dump on the beach in Magaluf this year, then we'll farkin' drive 120 miles to Bournemouth and do it there"

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Alberon on June 26, 2020, 10:18:38 AM
On the local news last night they said the town was hit by a spate of car-tipping. That's just leaving your car where you can, double yellow lines, roundabouts and paying the fine later.
"Blatant abandonmenness of cars."
https://youtu.be/j8k1d8uX9Gw?t=66

Cloud

Closing the toilets was 100% the right thing to do as that's where you have an enclosed space with virus ridden shit and piss particles being constantly thrown into the air.  Pity it didn't send a message of "fuck off home" and they decided to improve the contents of a McDonalds burger box instead

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cloud on June 26, 2020, 09:03:34 PM
Closing the toilets was 100% the right thing to do as that's where you have an enclosed space with virus ridden shit and piss particles being constantly thrown into the air.  Pity it didn't send a message of "fuck off home" and they decided to improve the contents of a McDonalds burger box instead

It's how people in the 1950s would tell their kids what the end of the world would look like.

"A big virus will plague England but people won't care, they will be preoccupied by their own selfish ways, egged on by a malign government. The lucky few who survive the first wave of deaths will be doing their toilet in lifeboat stations and cartons normally used for food. Those who don't perish in the second wave will scavenge for the piles of human excrement as the only source of sustenance. Be warned children"

beanheadmcginty

Are we sure all this litter on the beaches isn't the responsibility of Aquaman?

jobotic

Is our national motto not "I'll do what what I fucking want. What you gonna do about it?".

It's our government's.

JesusAndYourBush

Was anyone actually there and can confirm?

beanheadmcginty

Very long shadows and orange sunlight. Probably about 9pm when that was taken.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cloud on June 26, 2020, 09:03:34 PM

Nobody goes to a massively overcrowded and overflowing beach toilet when the sea's nearer. Not for a piss, anyway.

JesusAndYourBush

It was posted at 12:05pm.

Uncle TechTip

The drone footage was a lot different to the pictures taken from a low angle. From the air it looked like people were trying to distance a little bit. It looked more like a normal Summer's day. There's definitely an element of this sells papers.

chveik

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 27, 2020, 03:01:14 AM
There's definitely an element of this sells papers.

yep. and evidently it works.

Neomod

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 27, 2020, 02:59:30 AM
It was posted at 12:05pm.

They say in their post it's from the previous day. Definitely around magic hour.

Sebastian Cobb

The drone footage was a lot different to the pictures taken from a low angle. From the air it looked like people were trying to distance a little bit. It looked more like a normal Summer's day. There's definitely an element of this sells papers.

If you can't manage to find a space 2m from every other family on a beach it's not worth going to, virus or no virus.

Icehaven

Tbh that still looks horrible. If I couldn't sit at least 100ft away from anyone else on a beach I probably wouldn't bother.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 25, 2020, 05:35:44 PM
Tory MP is annoyed at the government for not being "dynamic" enough, whatever that means.

It means they should move around more. I don't know how it would help but it's an interesting idea.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The drone footage was a lot different to the pictures taken from low angles along a long beach strip. From the air it looked like people were trying to distance a little bit. It looked more like a normal Summer's day. There's definitely an element of this sells papers.

Yep, most of these shots have been taken at very low angles and sometimes even ground level which is impossible to judge and hugely misleading. It allows the reader to project any potential bias they have onto the story.

Papers love it as Play It Safe Paul & Co buy into the petty moralising they secretly crave as they judge the masses from their hermetically sealed glass cubes.

The Telegraph managed to have an article about moaning Minnies going on about a 2nd wave while directly underneath having their cake and eating it with a hysterical LOOK AT THIS SLUDGE article about Bournemouth beach.

Still, I wouldn't have been anywhere near that beach as similar to icehaven, it looked too busy for me even if there hadn't been a pandemic on. The littering situation is shit too, I'll give you that. Feckless wankers.

Solely on the distancing, it evidently wasn't as bad as they were making out from their shit eating editorials.

Cloud

100% they'll have found the worst part of the beach at the worst time and taken a photo at the exact angle that makes it look the worst, to rile people up (people quite enjoy the opportunity to point and snarl at all the naughty people I think, and indeed, this gets clicks and sells papers).  And 100% the one posting the other picture will have similarly found the best part of the beach at the best time.  Everyone cherry picks for a narrative and the reality is probably somewhere in the middle - a fair share of lunacy, but not quite so extremely bad nor so extremely harmless.

Pranet

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 26, 2020, 02:35:19 PM
Because the cunts don't live here. At least not if the 20 mile tailbacks from Hurn to Cadnam last night were anything to go by.

It's standard for tourists to come down, use the south coast as a toilet and fuck off back home again. I've lived here all 38 years of my life and I can count on one hand the number of times I've spent a day on Bournemouth beach in peak season. It's fucking unbearable, even when there's facilities open.

Has it got worse recently? When I was a kid we went there on holiday and I don't remember it being that bad (this would have been up to late 80s I suppose) but perhaps as a kid I just didn't notice.

Icehaven

Quote from: Pranet on June 27, 2020, 09:30:37 PM
Has it got worse recently? When I was a kid we went there on holiday and I don't remember it being that bad (this would have been up to late 80s I suppose) but perhaps as a kid I just didn't notice.

I remember walking/being driven over the Great Orme in Llandudno when I was about 13 or 14, so it would have been the early 90s, and it was virtually deserted, probably only saw a few people the whole time we were up there and it was the most total, complete silence I've ever experienced outdoors. I went back about 6 years ago and it was absolutely heaving. Admittedly there's a pub/cafe up there now that wasn't there the first time I went (which we happily patronised too so I'm not being sniffy about it being there) but even so it was so, so much busier I could barely believe it was the same place. Both times were summer too so it wasn't the time of year or anything. I dunno, do people just go away more now?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 27, 2020, 03:14:45 PM
Yep, most of these shots have been taken at very low angles and sometimes even ground level which is impossible to judge and hugely misleading. It allows the reader to project any potential bias they have onto the story.

Papers love it as Play It Safe Paul & Co buy into the petty moralising they secretly crave as they judge the masses from their hermetically sealed glass cubes.

The Telegraph managed to have an article about moaning Minnies going on about a 2nd wave while directly underneath having their cake and eating it with a hysterical LOOK AT THIS SLUDGE article about Bournemouth beach.

Still, I wouldn't have been anywhere near that beach as similar to icehaven, it looked too busy for me even if there hadn't been a pandemic on. The littering situation is shit too, I'll give you that. Feckless wankers.

Solely on the distancing, it evidently wasn't as bad as they were making out from their shit eating editorials.

Careful. "moaning Minnies" "play it safe Paul"...I'd agree if you were talking about people not letting their toddlers jump in a ball pool.

idunnosomename

the government want you to hate the crowds and not them

chveik

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 27, 2020, 10:37:42 PM
the government want you to hate the crowds and not them

also true. I'm starting to wince a bit when I see the obligatory "hope all those people die" post

imitationleather

Quote from: chveik on June 27, 2020, 11:23:05 PM
also true. I'm starting to wince a bit when I see the obligatory "hope all those people die" post

Yeah it's dumb and it's probably due to a lot of the frustrations people are feeling about how they reckon they have been observing lockdown in relation to others. Except you can't actually know how someone else has been observing it, you can only presume. Then it's, "Oh well they should have all known that only 20% of them should have turned up to that beach and not packed it out." How were they supposed to know which 20% that was? "British common sense."

I can't really blame people for attempting to enjoy themselves after the past few months we've all had. It's been badly managed by the government who should be giving specific details of who can go where and when.

I've not gone further than a couple of miles from my flat since I went to that infamous festival where I infected the entire north-east. It's been driving me a bit potty and I have found myself longing for walks in the countryside, even though in The Before Times that was something I probably did once ever.

Won't be veturing out further until at least August, though.

Cloud

Pretty sure it's been said in other threads, but I'm like 99% sure the vagueness is by design.  They're trying to tell people not to follow any rules at all, under the radar.  Even encouraging them to break them, via Cummings's stunt.

I'm glad people are seeing it this way.  Cuntage is shitting into boxes and leaving it for other people to pick up.  Trying to enjoy oneself at a beach and ending up with a picture taken of the crowd at the worst possible angle though?  Meh