Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:43:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Great Big CaB Relationship Status Poll

Started by Retinend, June 26, 2020, 08:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This is an anonymous poll

Incel
Volcel
been single for a while
been in and out of monogamous relationships
polyamorous
in a long-term relationship (but unmarried) aka fucking for a while now
engaged to be married or married (but no kids)
Partnered up and with kids
divorced/estranged
Cuckold cock and ball torture enthusiasts in chastity

bgmnts

Quote from: flotemysost on June 26, 2020, 07:18:08 PM
Does 'incel' always refer to men with a penchant for mass shootings and dodgy science about jaw structure, or can it just be anyone who hasn't got laid for a while/ever but isn't particularly happy about that situation?

What about an option for 'incel with kids'? Lots of new parents probably don't get to have sex much, but would like to.

The former I think, lots of misogyny and alt right shite.  Although I believe the whole concept started out as a genuine support group for people generally struggling to get laid, created by a woman.

imitationleather

Being an Incel isn't just about not having sex. Hatred of women is a necessary part of it too.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Attila on June 26, 2020, 06:12:43 PM
Married 8 years (anniversary is tomorrow, in fact), no kids, but the cats (currently include Tiny Toast, Mr Whiskers, and Susan Bucket) have his surname.

If I were still married to my ex, I think I'd be hitting my 24th or 25th anniversary this year -- I honestly can't remember what year we got married, it was that memorable (we went into town to go to the shops, and he suggested we hit up the courthouse to get married so that I could be on his health insurance.)

Amazing cat names

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: imitationleather on June 26, 2020, 07:34:32 PM
Being an Incel isn't just about not having sex. Hatred of women is a necessary part of it too.
Specifically the belief that women are denying you sex. The "In" part of incel stands for involuntary.

flotemysost

Quote from: bgmnts on June 26, 2020, 07:31:42 PM
The former I think, lots of misogyny and alt right shite.  Although I believe the whole concept started out as a genuine support group for people generally struggling to get laid, created by a woman.

Yeah, I think you're right. I read an interesting article recently by a 'femcel', although I don't think she was the founder - she didn't associate that label with any hatred or bitterness, she had just struggled to meet anyone and form connections, and found the community a valuable source of support, although she acknowledged she had come across some questionable stuff within it.

Was it someone on here who was trolling one of the incel forums a few years ago, asking members to rate the fuckability of photos of various guys including Mark E Smith? Despite (or because of) the deep festering unpleasantness within those sites, that was pretty hilarious.

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 26, 2020, 11:30:25 AM
What's VolCel?

Volcel means you fantasize about being eaten and digested by a monster.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 26, 2020, 06:47:55 PM
To your point, Ferris Jr will inherit all my firearms and krugerrands so you'd do well to get on his good side early, for when the Resource Wars heat up.

Ah, I hadn't thought of the children as potential soldiers aspect, but it's a good idea and I'm almost tempted to have one of my own now, if they legalise guns over here I definitely will.

NurseNugent

Long term single, neither pleased nor displeased about it.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 26, 2020, 07:39:07 PM
Specifically the belief that women are denying you sex. The "In" part of incel stands for involuntary.

It's tricky though, because one can be involuntarily celibate without blaming women for denying you sex.

In my late teens I just blamed single-sex schooling, geography, and my own shyness.  I was most definitely involuntarily celibate, but I wasn't an "incel" in the modern sense.

imitationleather

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 26, 2020, 08:58:50 PM
It's tricky though, because one can be involuntarily celibate without blaming women for it.

You can, but an Incel is a specific thing that isn't just about not having sex. There's a reason Reddit had to ban the Incel sub.

Ambient Sheep

I know that.  I would have thought me saying "I wasn't an 'incel' in the modern sense." might have given a clue that I knew that.  In fact my whole post was pointing out the difference, I thought. :-)

I was just responding to the apparent conflation of "involuntar[il]y celibate" with the term "incel".  They're very much not the same, as you point out.

bgmnts

Indeed, you can like punk music and not be a punk. It's a subculture, a particularly abhorrent one that I dont think anyone on CaB would entertain*, no matter how long the dry spell.

*with the obvious exception.

chveik

bit conservative that there isn't the option "not married with kids"

Zetetic

Danger Man

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 26, 2020, 09:04:20 PM
I know that.  I would have thought me saying "I wasn't an 'incel' in the modern sense." might have given a clue that I knew that.  In fact my whole post was pointing out the difference, I thought. :-)

I was just responding to the apparent conflation of "involuntar[il]y celibate" with the term "incel".  They're very much not the same, as you point out.

Are you saying you are gay???

Retinend

Quote from: chveik on June 26, 2020, 09:10:30 PM
bit conservative that there isn't the option "not married with kids"

Substantive. Changed.