Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:08:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TOASTY

Started by Barry Admin, June 26, 2020, 01:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

oh! Cheese and sweetcorn! the corn is for texture

Fr.Bigley

seepage

radioactive Kraft Cheese Spread from a jar and value range pâte

lucky bag and candy shrimps

king_tubby

Left over takeaway biriyani. A staple of hungover mornings as a student.

Fr.Bigley

A big fuck off munchie box.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 26, 2020, 07:36:41 PM
I'd just like to point out that the correct noun to use in this instance is "toastie".
"Toasty" is merely an adjective.

GMTV got me fam https://youtube.com/watch?v=VDoFvBxcJ2Q

Jittlebags

Pre-fry burger and onions. Slap between the bread with a dollop of whatever sauce tickles your fancy. Make sure they've been well drained of oil.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Nobody has even mentioned the humble can of tuna yet, instead you're all trying to outdo each other with these increasingly freakish foodstuffs. Tuna, mayonnaise and a bit of red onion. Stick that up your arse and chew it.

Cold Meat Platter

A smaller toastie + cheese

NattyDread 2

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 26, 2020, 11:09:04 PM
Nobody has even mentioned the humble can of tuna yet, instead you're all trying to outdo each other with these increasingly freakish foodstuffs. Tuna, mayonnaise and a bit of red onion. Stick that up your arse and chew it.

and cheese. Had that today actually. Chewed it in my gob though.

Dex Sawash

Chz toastie made in waffle iron with lots of red pepper flake

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: NattyDread 2 on June 27, 2020, 01:38:04 AM
and cheese. Had that today actually. Chewed it in my gob though.

Oddball. Wrong end mate, wrong end.

Gurke and Hare

Pingers

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 26, 2020, 03:51:56 PM

Also it gets fucking hot,stab a couple of holes in the toastie, bite the end off then gently blows through it to force steam out.

Cobb invents the beans n cheese bong

Barry Admin

Bacon, egg and beans is hard to beat. Just fire the bacon in the oven for 15 minutes. Wee bit of brown sauce on the plate to dip into too, fucking gorgeous. Can't believe I spent the last few years making cheese and ham toasties in the normal oven. They're good but just not the same eh.

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 04, 2020, 12:33:01 PM
Bacon, egg and beans is hard to beat.

Undertones consider... oh forget it.

Gurke and Hare

Brian Freeze

Eggy bread toasties? With the cheese n beans n bacon?

Have I just fulfilled my destiny on earth and can expect to upgrade to the next level of consciousness by morning? Or are they shit?

Sebastian Cobb

I agree there's nothing quite like a toastie done in a dedicated machine like a breville. The american way of using a skillet, the cages pubs have for toasters or panini/george forman type things are all not right.

Blue Jam

Ham. Cheese. PINEAPPLE.

Hawaiian toastie. You know you want to.

Sebastian Cobb

i most certainly do not.

Cheese and Srirachia is good. Cheese, srirachia and jalepenos is even better.

Blue Jam

Cheese and chillies is a good combination, aye.

...but even better when you add both HAM and PINEAPPLE ;)

Get some sort of very spicy barbecue sauce in there too, lovely.

TrenterPercenter

Cheese aside as kids we would have Lemon Curd toasties and I seem to remember them being pretty decent.  Keep meaning try them out as an adult.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 05, 2020, 08:15:40 PM
Cheese aside as kids we would have Lemon Curd toasties and I seem to remember them being pretty decent.  Keep meaning try them out as an adult.

Bit of cream cheese with that would be lovely.

flotemysost

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 26, 2020, 11:09:04 PM

I've always added cheese to toasties by default but the other day I made one with just tuna, mayo, added a bit of chopped leek (fried for a few minutes beforehand), and lots of black pepper. Heavenly.

alan nagsworth

Cheese and Branston pickle. It's like chutney except it's not eaten by cunts who wear cravats and drive Aston Martin convertibles.

No I do not have a chip in my shoulder, that's a bit of pickle that oozed out the back of the toastie when I took a bite whilst craning my neck to shout "cunt" at a bloke in an Aston Martin.