Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:46:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glasgow Terror Attack [merged]

Started by Dr Trouser, June 26, 2020, 02:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Trouser

Yep, we're a bit behind the rest of the UK but we've finally caught up and now have our own terror attack.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/west-george-street-incident-live-18494009

3 dead apparently.

Go safe Glasgow Cabbers

Sebastian Cobb

Looks like it might be to do with a hotel that houses refugees. No idea whether it's terror (either right or fundamental), but someone's gone amock with a knife. Coppers and people stabbed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53195939

Someone on WhatsApp forwarded a graphic photo of someone bleeding on some steps. It was pretty graphic. I wouldn't share it here anyway but I deleted it from my chat so I didn't have to keep seeing it.

bgmnts

Bazooka

Glasgow Airport  incident 2007.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Bazooka on June 26, 2020, 02:34:34 PM
Glasgow Airport  incident 2007.

Hope someone breaks their foot again!

Malcy

The city centre is such a shithole these days. Hate walking through it. Around central station at night is the worst. Always seeing gangs of foreigners arguing and fighting.

I avoid the area as much as possible now.

Not really a terror attack though is it?

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Malcy on June 26, 2020, 02:44:35 PM
The city centre is such a shithole these days. Hate walking through it. Around central station at night is the worst. Always seeing gangs of foreigners arguing and fighting.

I think the natives do quite a lot of that too to be fair.

BlodwynPig

I avoid the area as much as possible now.

Not really a terror attack though is it?

That is the spot where the Queen waved at me and my Iranian colleague. How times have changed

Malcy

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on June 26, 2020, 02:48:20 PM

Yeah true but central station on the Union St side is really bad for it. The natives seem to stick to under the bridge.

Alberon

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 26, 2020, 02:49:02 PM
That is the spot where the Queen waved at me and my Iranian colleague. How times have changed

Yeah, she'd knife you now and steal your watch given half a chance.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on June 26, 2020, 02:48:20 PM

Glaswegians? I've never heard of that before.

Seems most likely a legacy event related to the Ice Cream Wars.

bgmnts

It's NOT a terrorist incident, so i assume the attacker has mental health issues.

Mister Six

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on June 26, 2020, 05:48:19 PM
It's NOT a terrorist incident, so i assume the attacker has mental health issues.

Which could be related to the heartbreaking story behind the refugees on that hotel. Many of them have recently been moved out of flats and shoved into shit hotels with unsanitary conditions all during the lockdown. Because the hotels provided (shit) food the home office has also stopped their allowances (which were £35 a week).

https://theferret.scot/asylum-seekers-moved-hotel-lives-at-risk-covid-19/

The BBC failed to mention any of this during its reports of clashes between people protesting this and statue protectors last week. The Daily Record did, and it's a bit of a rag as well.

That didn't stop Farage immediately acting the cunt.

Refugees aren't 'illegal'.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on June 26, 2020, 05:48:19 PM

Victims will be kicking themselves.. Only terror victims get the old 'hero' treatment by the media these days

Cuntbeaks

The city centre is such a shithole these days. Hate walking through it.

Couldn't agree more, it's an absolute toilet.

People Make Glasgow?

Aye, sure mate.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 26, 2020, 06:06:18 PM

Illegal immigrants don't deserve to die like this either. Farage, your ship has sailed. Is he still in the US. If Corbyn was in government it would have been fun to revoke his citizenship while he was away.

Inspector Norse

Horrible tragedy on a Bournemouth beach hosting brawling gammons.

All over the UK, beaches are filling up with young men who are leaving Middle England each day.

It is a massive risk to our wellbeing - yet the government does nothing.

I'm unsure about Scotland. But in jolly ol' England asylum seekers haven't been illegal immigrants since the Cardiff v Swansea and the Glasgow v the rest civil wars started in Wales and Scotland respectively.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 26, 2020, 06:06:18 PM
Which could be related to the heartbreaking story behind the refugees on that hotel. Many of them have recently been moved out of flats and shoved into shit hotels with unsanitary conditions all during the lockdown. Because the hotels provided (shit) food the home office has also stopped their allowances (which were £35 a week).

https://theferret.scot/asylum-seekers-moved-hotel-lives-at-risk-covid-19/

The BBC failed to mention any of this during its reports of clashes between people protesting this and statue protectors last week. The Daily Record did, and it's a bit of a rag as well.

That didn't stop Farage immediately acting the cunt.

Hey Farage from what I can tell the victims were other refugees so how are they a danger to you?

ps when are you sending your German wife back where she came from

Sebastian Cobb

I can remember when a pub filled up with Nigel Farage's seeking refuge

tao of wub

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on June 26, 2020, 09:11:06 PM
gangs of foreigners arguing and fighting

Don't worry about why these people are seeking refuge in this country and forced into desperate circumstances...just demonize them to suit you own nationalistic rhetoric.

What's your heritage Walnuts as you seem to care so much about people in your country?  I mean an awful lot of foreigners have come to this set of islands over the years, fought and shagged the locals. Your not ultimately able to trace your genetics all the way back to gasp what we now call Africa are you, like all the rest of us...

Hope you haven't got any of that French genetic material in you, or Roman, or German, or Viking, god forbid, all those horrible foreigners..

Or did you evolve here?

Scratch that you seem like you have devolved.

While I think, I have never seen any reports of white Brits draped in their flags getting involved in violence anywhere...

I wonder what do people mean when they talk about the "English disease"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism_in_the_United_Kingdom

But I suppose that is something that you would feel proud about?

Or of the older brits drinking themselves into a stupor and pushing up statistics for alcohol related injuries and hospital admissions?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/05/alcohol-related-admissions-among-baby-boomers-soar-millennials/

Again I suppose that is at least something sad ageing men can be happy about, looking down at their distended beer guts and feeling that, yes, at least they have achieved something

jobotic

Come on now Paulie isn't one of those chaps. He just wanks himself stupid and counts his money while those chaps go out and do their stuff.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on June 26, 2020, 10:21:35 PM
Come on now Paulie isn't one of those chaps. He just wanks himself stupid and counts his money while those chaps go out and do their stuff.

The Dirty Man of Europe Southend.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Scotland loves diversity as much as the next country with a nationalist government and a 96% white population.

kngen

Quote from: TheReturnOfTheSonOfTPPH on June 26, 2020, 10:43:57 PM
Scotland loves diversity as much as the next country with a nationalist government and a 96% white population.

I think we're pretty welcoming to all foreigners[nb]As with so many metrics with which to measure civilisation, this does not apply to Fife or Ayrshire[/nb] as long as they're not English (apart from the small minority stuck in the 1690s who HATE foreigners yet think of themselves as English [or Northern Irish, it goes back and forth a lot]).

Sebastian Cobb

I think I've only been called an 'english cunt' in hostility, by someone I don't know, once and I've lived in Scotland my adult life.

And that was by someone pissed out their skull at four in the afternoon who asked a group of us for directions.