Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glasgow Terror Attack [merged]

Started by Dr Trouser, June 26, 2020, 02:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tao of wub

Quote from: kngen on June 27, 2020, 12:41:12 AM
Fife

Ahhh Fife.  (Said in the same wistful tones that Partridge says, "Ahhh Ladyboys")

I've always found Scots to be pretty happy with their Italian component for example, though if you are even remotely connected to producing the sweet sweet ice cream then you are going to curry favor in Scotland.. I have not seen a fraction of the racism I have seen in places like South Yorkshire.

Malcy

Quote from: tao of wub on June 27, 2020, 01:08:37 AM

I've always found Scots to be pretty happy with their Italian component

I was in a pub with my friend from Italy a few years back and after only 3 beers elsewhere I was told he wasn't getting served because they 'couldn't understand him'. I explained he wasn't drunk he was Italian and we all laughed and the barmaid said "oh he's Italian? Well then he's DEFINITELY not getting served, both of you get out".

Every pub after that was great (apart from Lauder's who wouldnt let us back in because we couldn't tell them where else we had been after leaving there, pricks) people talking away to him and getting him to do shots with them but I'll never forget the hate in that pub that wouldn't serve us. Place went silent and everyone stared at us as we left with a look of disgust on every single one of their faces.

I've looked for that pub since and can't find it.

tao of wub

Quote from: Malcy on June 27, 2020, 01:45:44 AM
I've looked for that pub since and can't find it.

Sounds like a good thing!  I wonder if it was football related anti catholic bullshit?  Seems likely if the whole pub was that way. 

I always think Asda are playing with fire putting the Rangers and Celtic celebration cakes next to each other on the shelf..  /s

H-O-W-L

Limmy started seriousposting about it:

Quote from: tao of wub on June 26, 2020, 09:32:55 PM
Don't worry about why these people are seeking refuge in this country and forced into desperate circumstances...just demonize them to suit you own nationalistic rhetoric.

Quote from: jobotic on June 26, 2020, 10:21:35 PM
Come on now Paulie isn't one of those chaps. He just wanks himself stupid and counts his money while those chaps go out and do their stuff.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 26, 2020, 10:42:44 PM
Shhhhhhhhhh.

Look at his avatar.

Just tune him out.

It wasn't me that said it, you absolute fucking weapons

let's try this again

Quote from: Malcy on June 26, 2020, 02:44:35 PM
Around central station at night is the worst. Always seeing gangs of foreigners arguing and fighting.

<posts gif hinting this might be a bit racist>

So, Malcy - care to address the points everyone raised about you being a bit racist?

Quote from: H-O-W-L on June 27, 2020, 02:19:52 AM
Limmy started seriousposting about it:

so many questions!

how does Limmy know the suspect was brown?

does Limmy think if a white person stabbed six people, including a copper, killed one of them and was shot dead, that "right-wing cunts" wouldn't take an interest?

is he back on the sauce do you reckon?

tao of wub

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on June 27, 2020, 08:46:09 AM

It wasn't me that said it, you absolute fucking weapons

let's troll this again

We know who said what, it is in the thread history.  We also know what you are all about.

It was you who decided to quote it for your own dog whistling reasons, your history and avatar give the context.  That is why I responded to your post.

You get your shit stirring in then run off saying, "It wasn't me, I never said it".  Pathetic.  Like all those silly secret hand shake plausible deniability racist calls, you try and spread the hate then pretend you didn't.  Now you try and say that you were just drawing attention to somebody else being racist..hmmmm.

Why do you even come on here?  There is a Jim Davidson Falklands Conflict Special on youtube.  You could be watching that, smoking cigars, swilling brandy and stuffing your face with M&S shortbread, that would probably give you more affirmation than coming here and trolling.  Perhaps browse for a new luxury SUV tomorrow in the Sunday colour supplements while your long suffering wife cooks a roast and knocks back mid priced red in the kitchen.

That's it from me.  No more feeding trolls.  It is like playing chess with a pigeon.

kngen

Paulie Walnuts lived a miserable, lonely, solitary existence who had sex with prostitutes to feel a tiny bit of human connection, never knew who his real mother was until after she died, and lived only to please his boss, who never thought that much of him.

Seems apt.

Malcy

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on June 27, 2020, 08:46:09 AM

So, Malcy - care to address the points everyone raised about you being a bit racist?

I don't see how stating a fact about several groups of foreigners along Union St makes me racist.

Would you have preferred I said 'collections of people of a non-UK origin congregating in the vicinity of the railway transport hub having disagreements and altercations' or something?

And if by EVERYONE you mean you then no, fuck off clown.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Malcy on June 27, 2020, 03:56:48 PM

I don't see how stating a fact about several groups of foreigners along Union St makes me racist.

Would you have preferred I said 'collections of people of a non-UK origin congregating in the vicinity of the railway transport hub having disagreements and altercations' or something?

And if by EVERYONE you mean you then no, fuck off clown.

I've seen the cunts myself, its simply fact and not racist in the least.

There are plenty of junky ned cunts as well, together they make Glasgow city centre a fucking embarrassment.

owlboy

Quote from: Malcy on June 27, 2020, 03:56:48 PM

As has already been mentioned, I think it's the bit where you single-out these behaviours whilst simultaneously ignoring the same activities by indigenous youths every night all over the fucking city centre.

It's almost like you think one of these things is worse than the other.

Sebastian Cobb

Glasgow managed to be the murder capital of Europe for quite some time without any help from immigrants.

Also junkies scrapping and being a nuisance is a symptom of societal failure not a problem in itself.

kngen

Quote from: owlboy on June 27, 2020, 04:53:48 PM
As has already been mentioned, I think it's the bit where you single-out these behaviours whilst simultaneously ignoring the same activities by indigenous youths every night all over the fucking city centre.

It's almost like you think one of these things is worse than the other.

It's been a while since I've been back home, so this 'large groups of forrins' phenomenon is something I've yet to witness. That said, if I was walking home (to the poncy West End) from town at night, I'd still cut around the back of Central Station and along Argyle St rather than navigate the hell on earth that is Sauchiehall St at the weekend (and indeed most weeknights too). Lots of native Glaswegians that way, and almost all of them are total cunts.

Sebastian Cobb

I'd get the number 3 or 2 bus.

I've walked around there all the time late at night/pissed. I hadn't noticed any 'foreigns' just quite a few homeless people and often charity workers helping them from a caravan with a generator.

Sebastian Cobb

Listening on the radio there, apparently a fellow refugee at the hotel reported him to staff because he'd said he was planning an attack but wasn't taken seriously. Although its still not being treated as a terror thing.

edit:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/27/glasgow-hotel-attack-stabbing-suspect-park-inn-mental-health