Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:03:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The old temperature checks as you go into work

Started by Jasha, June 26, 2020, 05:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasha

Safety rep dressed in a sperm suit pointing a gun at your fore head has been replaced with a stroll past camera. It zeros in on your face with a green box and displays your temperature but it seems the walk from the car park to the corridor in this heat is too much for it as the entire evening shift (200 plus) failed.

Stay safe San Diego

steveh

When so many people are asymptomatic doing temperature checks seems a bit pointless. When original SARS happened all the East Asian airports began doing temperature scans of arrivals but AFAIK they've never caught a single person with anything other than a cold.

CEO says we don't need these heat cameras, because he's outsourced our building security to members of the Predator community.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind those people, but I don't think they should be allowed to go invisible at work.

What if a lady one went in the mans toilet and looked at my penis?

George Oscar Bluth II

Temperature gun at work keeps telling me my temperature is below 35C, ie I actually have hypothermia.

Feel fine tho.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Woke up with dry cough and sore throat today so bought a thermometer. Reading normal so far. Hopefully just a cold and not the Vid

Rev+

It's a 'stand on the line and look at the camera' set-up where I work, and given that I have a half-hour walk to get there and sweat like a bastard even when it's snowing, the fact that I'm getting green ratings makes me very suspicious.  Bastards are using hacks.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Rev+ on June 27, 2020, 11:08:35 PM
It's a 'stand on the line and look at the camera' set-up where I work, and given that I have a half-hour walk to get there and sweat like a bastard even when it's snowing, the fact that I'm getting green ratings makes me very suspicious.  Bastards are using hacks.

GMTV

Stuff hot water bottles up my arse if I've got a shite meeting I don't want to attend.... Actually maybe just do that anyway fuck it.

flotemysost

I'm supposed to be back in the office next week, but I started getting a weird metallic taste in my mouth yesterday and a mild sore throat, so I've just tried to order a couple of NHS home testing kits online (for me and my flatmate) - but the site won't let me, as apparently it can't verify my identity. Anyone else had this?

The only reason I can think of is that I'm not on the electoral register at my current address, as I moved not that long before lockdown (cheers, Section 21 eviction!) and didn't get round to it (OK, so my fault really, but still). I don't drive so driving to a test site isn't an option.

I've been looking forward to going back to my office for weeks (sounds mad I know, but I'm fucking sick of my tiny gloomy bedroom, being stuck at home barely talking to my flatmate, fucking up my retinas peering at lines of code on a wee screen - plus I'd get a couple of hours of lovely walking along the river there and back, and see a few familiar faces. Even just a couple of days a week would have made me so much happier, I reckon.)

Anyway I might have to sack it all off for now, fuckssake. My temperature's normal for now so I guess I just need to keep poking myself in the armpit/arse for the next few days.

BlodwynPig

flotemysost

Cheers. Feeling better today and my temperature has been consistently reading around 35C.

I'm basically Ötzi. (The Chalcolithic ice mummy, not the DJ.)

shiftwork2

I was on temperature duty this afternoon.  I have to say, what a terrific doss that was.  Caught up on loads of threads.

Captain Z

The whole 'temperature check immediately upon entering the building' lasted just one day at my place.

George Oscar Bluth II

We've now upgraded from the shitty gun (that told one colleague he was 29C, so was dead) with a very cool camera/screen type thing that dings and flashes green if you've not got a temperature.