Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:46:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tracking down a kids TV show

Started by Mr_Simnock, June 27, 2020, 03:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

I remember, very vaguely though, from around the early 1980's a kids TV show that featured some scenes with a room full of people with masks on. This room was returned too a few times and only during some scenes were the masked folk actually moving (dancing), the rest of the time they behaved as if they were mannequins. The show also featured an old large house, sorry I don't have much else to go off. I haven't had any look with searching for this over the years so any help most welcome.

Dex Sawash

Lord Mandrake

There was no such tv show, let's just leave it at that and move on with our lives.

Shaky

I... actually think I remember something extremely similar, although I've no clue what it was and I recall seeing it in the early 90's. Was it an Aussie show, by any chance?

georgetaylor

"Oh no the ugly wuglies have come to life"

Inspector Norse

Quote from: georgetaylor on June 28, 2020, 02:03:10 PM

Yes, that sounds like it might be it, 'The Enchanted Castle', an adaptation by the BBC of the novel of that name by E Nesbit. It was shown in 1979 and repeated in 1981.

There's an episode where the children perform a play at home where they've dressed up various dummies in costumes and masks as a fake audience and accidentally cause them to come to life via magic. The Ugly Wuglies as they're called.

There is an Australian DVD of it - cover here, if that might help you identify whether it's the right one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Enchanted-Castle-DVD/dp/B00E2O3584

Wikipedia entry on the original book:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Enchanted_Castle

BlodwynPig

olliebean

You were just sitting in front of a television tuned to static.

Replies From View

Whenever anyone says "masks" I am now conditioned to only think of medical masks used for the covids.

Gulftastic

My automatic reaction to the word Mask is 'truly outrageous. Truly, truly outrageous.'

And that's a Mandela effect, cos that was Jem's theme

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: georgetaylor on June 28, 2020, 02:03:10 PM

Quote from: Alternative Carpark on June 28, 2020, 05:59:43 PM
Yes, that sounds like it might be it, 'The Enchanted Castle', an adaptation by the BBC of the novel of that name by E Nesbit. It was shown in 1979 and repeated in 1981.

And that's it, brilliant, can lay that one to rest finally, huge huge thank you. Now to find a video of 'Oscar, Kina and the Laser'.