Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:30:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dr Disrespect #cancelled [split topic]

Started by Jim_MacLaine, June 27, 2020, 10:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Kelvin on July 21, 2020, 02:52:19 PM
Fair enough, I've never watched him outside of a few clips, so it's not for me to say.

I don't see how the whole thing is a promo stunt, though. Isn't he threatening to sue Twitch? Can't see that being something they've agreed between them, and if it was a one-sided stunt, and he hadn't actually been kicked off, you assume Twitch would have said so by now. Odd timing too, when there's all the Metoo stuff going on in the gaming world. You wouldn't choose to get associated with that.

I can't see it being a stunt either. Twitch seem to want people to think it's to do with Metoo, but unlike when they kicked other streamers off the platform, they haven't given any details about Doc. There's also someone on twitter claiming to have inside knowledge about the situation who is heavily implying that it's a Metoo thing, but they've also provided no proof and no details.

What's odd is that Doc recently signed a big deal with Twitch, supposedly worth millions. This promo video for instance is only four months old. It could be that Twitch heard about some accusations and so pulled the plug, but why not say so? Or why not suspend him pending a full investigation? It's worth mentioning at this point that Twitch is widely regarded as being run by unprofessional morons, so I'm not ruling out that they heard about Doc trying to sign with another streaming service and vindictively chucked him on the spot.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 21, 2020, 03:02:41 PM
I just can't understand why anyone would watch someone else playing games. It makes no sense.

They might win a golden joystick.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 21, 2020, 03:02:41 PM
I just can't understand why anyone would watch someone else playing games. It makes no sense.

Games are pretty social, have you not sat with mates whilst playing games like Monkey Island? Tons of fun. And if you also haven't worked it out some streamers have boobs. And some of them are even Women, and some of them wear slightly less clothes than your average person at the shops and play dancing games. There was even one doing nude body painting.

Thursday

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on June 28, 2020, 12:25:43 AM
People watch him because he's basically a comedy character and they find him entertaining. Regardless of what he's supposed to have done, maybe we could avoid having the same old tired boomer conversation about streaming for the 17th time on here.

kalowski

Quotesame old tired boomer conversation about streaming
Because we are old we must be wrong about this...

Consignia

My post was a reference to masturbation.

Thursday

Quote from: kalowski on July 22, 2020, 10:19:25 AM
Because we are old we must be wrong about this...

Okay strawman.

Nobody saying he's good, it's just saying it's tedious to go over why streaming appeals to an audience and have to explain it to people who don't actually have any intellectual curiosity in why. They just like saying "cuh what's with this weird thing the young people are into?!"

kalowski

Quote from: Thursday on July 22, 2020, 11:58:36 AM
Okay strawman.

Nobody saying he's good, it's just saying it's tedious to go over why streaming appeals to an audience and have to explain it to people who don't actually have any intellectual curiosity in why. They just like saying "cuh what's with this weird thing the young people are into?!"
I'm not saying that. I am saying that it is objectively shit.

Marner and Me

What is even shitter is virgins donate them money too.