Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Windows update opening uTorrent

Started by Rev+, June 27, 2020, 11:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

There's a Windows update filtering through that involves updating Edge, everyone's favourite browser.  It involves a full restart, after which it obnoxiously crows about how great Edge is until you shut the thing down.  For both myself and someone I know, this has also involved it starting up uTorrent and having that front-and-centre on the screen while you panic and shut it off because you don't have Peerblock or anything running.

Anyone else had this?  My suspicion is that they're being sneaky bastards and looking for installed torrent clients to deliver their updates, then just not cleaning up after themselves.

Sebastian Cobb

It's been a while since I've used windows but usually you can disable this by winkey+R 'msconfig' and unchecking it in the startup services.

I think uTorrent got all bloated and shit after it changed hands years ago? qBittorrent is like what uTorrent used to be like before that.