Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Our Prime Minister is very healthy

Started by Danger Man, June 28, 2020, 12:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger Man

QuoteDo you want me to do some press-ups to show you how fit I am?' With those words, the Prime Minister hurls himself to the floor of his Downing Street office with an exuberance which has appeared to be absent in recent months.
It is hard to picture Churchill or Gladstone doing anything similar – and completely impossible to imagine it of Theresa May – but Boris Johnson is keen to put paid to Westminster rumours about the state of his health since he was struck down by Covid-19 earlier this year.
'Fit as a butcher's dog... never felt better,' is how the 56-year-old puts it, after months of debilitating political drama, a brush with death and the arrival of a new child.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8466783/Boris-pledges-billions-Britain-booming-says-bounce-forward-huge-revival-plan.html

Malta? UAE? Malaysia? Where do I run away to? I'm sick of this shit.

pancreas

Danger Man

OK.....share a flat?

I went to Lisbon three years ago and it was lovely.

I can do that.

Danger Man

I might be the next Maddie McCann suspect when they run out of Germans but I can live with that.

chveik

Danger Man

Quote from: Danger Man on June 28, 2020, 12:40:12 AM
I might be the next Maddie McCann suspect when they run out of Germans but I can live with that.

as I did kill her

bomb_dog

Gregory Torso

I wish everyone was dead and our king was a snail.

Pink Gregory

Was about to post the exact same thing

Danger Man

North Koreans watch this shit and clap because they have camps.

British people watch this shit for free.

I am DONE

tao of wub

Quote from: pancreas on June 28, 2020, 12:36:47 AM
I was thinking Portugal.

Portugal has a lot going for it.  I chatted to loads of people when I was there a couple of years ago and they all seemed positive about the future.

I am desperate to get away before it is too late.  It is most unfortunate that changing social and political climate of UK is also happening with a loss of rights to just bugger off and start again in Europe.

The flag wavers are always saying if you don't love it leave it...if they really believe this why are they trying to keep me here I want to know!

Ferris

Quote from: Gregory Torso on June 28, 2020, 12:52:51 AM
I'm running away to Sheffield.

Sheffield is a wonderful city, to be fair.

tao of wub

Quote from: Danger Man on June 28, 2020, 01:00:54 AM
North Koreans watch this shit and clap because they have camps.

We have the camps constructed in our minds by shitty media moguls though.

It really saves on the razor wire costs and is lower in carbon emissions so there is that.

As for Sheffield, you get the lovely Peak district on your doorstep.  Proper good that is.

Captain Z

But you definitely needed intensive care for Coronavirus, yeah?

Cuntbeaks

How could we ever expect Armando Iannucci to successfully write any more episodes of The Thick Of It when this shit actually happens, in Real Life.

Buelligan

Honestly, I don't know why you brave English knights don't just lay siege to the cunt, burn him to the ground, rape all the women and dogs.  It's about time someone did.  Sometimes uncontrolled violence can be merciful.  It would literally be God's Work.

Butchers Blind

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"And the Prime Minister's semen tastes sweet as ambrosia"

BlodwynPig

Reports coming in that he is still in that pose above, frozen in place overnight, his servants unable to loosen his atrophied joints. He's shat himself and keeps hurling racial abuse at the cleaner. It's all been recorded.

Starmer has tweeted: "Our thoughts and prayers are with Boris at this difficult time. We will do everything to support him"

Stewart Lee: "Legend, National Treasure, Hero"

A BLM spokesperson: "We are calling on all BAME citizens to donate to a Statue for Boris crowdfund"

Alberon

Quote from: Danger Man on June 28, 2020, 12:29:34 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8466783/Boris-pledges-billions-Britain-booming-says-bounce-forward-huge-revival-plan.html

Malta? UAE? Malaysia? Where do I run away to? I'm sick of this shit.

The fact he has the need to demonstrate how fit he is hopefully means that in reality his body is absolutely fucked.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

It looks like a cheap dramatic reconstruction from a Channel Five documentary about his final 24 hours.

finnquark

Just a small quibble with the piece. One of Gladstone's hobbies was cutting down trees, an act of physical fitness he would show off to visitors. Surprised that the Mail had such a partial knowledge of 19th Century history to be frank. But otherwise, this was an excellent piece of journalism.

Barry Admin

The bottom of his tie would be up nearer his face if he'd even managed one full press-up.

A grim experience to read this thread right after this post:

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on June 28, 2020, 10:58:04 AM
No, the overton window and outright fascisim has been in the media for so long, chest-beaters want a strongman to lock up the people they don't like. It's the same with Trump, UKIP, One Nation, it's not hard to find. Hell, even here in Australia when we last (as of today) spilled the PM, it was between an evangelical failed advertising manager and a ex-cop with a charisma and logic bypass whose main achievement was locking up brown people

Reminded me of those "would you like a big strong fascist daddy in charge" poll questions people keep getting too.

Pijlstaart

Quote from: Danger Man on June 28, 2020, 12:29:34 AM

Cor, what I wouldn't give to be underneath that, would love to be the new Carrie, having lumpen heart-attack trysts on the downing street floor.

Some lucky intern'll be living that dream right now. He'll have them running meaningless errands so they have an excuse to come to his office, bring him 50 paperback novels on a trolley, no-one'll suspect a thing.

idunnosomename