Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:24:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Our Prime Minister is very healthy

Started by Danger Man, June 28, 2020, 12:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Fucking lol. Boris is perfect there.

Butchers Blind

Blumf

Britain's push-up champion is in town tomorrow to give a speech or something, I don't know. Trying to ascertain where this is taking place so I can challenge him to an arm wrestle.

imitationleather

olliebean

They're literally just seeing how much more blatant lying they can get away with now, aren't they?

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 29, 2020, 03:37:03 PM
A new challenger has entered the arena.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESTheLondoner/status/1277548575631835136

That's shit, anyone can do 50 a day.  Take away maybe 8 hours for sleeping you're looking at just over 3 push ups an hour.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

According to my trainer, pushups are worthless. How many squats can these assholes do.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 29, 2020, 09:34:44 PM
According to my trainer, pushups are worthless. How many squats can these assholes do.

Why are you speaking to your shoes, you sicko.

olliebean

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 29, 2020, 07:56:22 PM
That's shit, anyone can do 50 a day.  Take away maybe 8 hours for sleeping you're looking at just over 3 push ups an hour.

That's fitness fascism, right there. Some of us can't even do one a day. I suppose you'd have us off to the ovens.

Sebastian Cobb

I reckon Starmer could beat Boris to 50 press-ups even with his new mate Farage sat on his back.

no seriously, fuck press-ups. Let's see ten squat and press over the head. BoJo can use one of those books he's definitely read as a weight. Proper squats, ass to the grass.

Bernice

Press-ups are harder than squats surely. Or at least as difficult. Let's see the pasty meat bulb do a pull-up.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bernice on June 29, 2020, 10:31:55 PM
Press-ups are harder than squats surely. Or at least as difficult. Let's see the pasty meat bulb do a pull-up.

let's see him do a push-up.

actually, let's see him take charge of Government and serve the people, that might be what we should be focusing on and not these childish distractions

Zetetic

Let's see him go another round with COVID-19.

chveik

Psmith

Putin must be shaking in his boots.

Buelligan

Remember that time when Cummings said he didn't run something, something pretty important, past the PM because the PM's time was so valuable?

Yep.

BlodwynPig

phantom_power

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 29, 2020, 09:34:44 PM

Worthless for what? They strengthen the arms. Squats do the same for the legs. They are about as worthy or worthless as each other surely

Quote from: phantom_power on June 30, 2020, 07:40:20 AM
Worthless for what? They strengthen the arms.
Apparently there's better exercises. He still makes us do them.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 02, 2020, 01:17:43 AM
Apparently there's better exercises.

E.g. the bench press - favourite of egotists and bell-ends the world over.

phantom_power

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 02, 2020, 01:17:43 AM
Apparently there's better exercises. He still makes us do them.

Doesn't that depend what you are trying to do? And that still doesn't make it worthless

True. Performed correctly, the press up is a very good exercise, hitting the chest, shoulders and triceps, but because it's "only" a bodyweight exercise it's not seen by alpha Garys as a worthwhile movement (no heavy, clanging weights you can drop to attract attention). The only real downside is that as you get stronger you have to do loads of reps to reap the benefits. The same (even more so) goes for chins/pull-ups.

Bazooka

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on July 02, 2020, 02:38:55 PM
E.g. the bench press - favourite of egotists and bell-ends the world over.

I''d opt to be a bell-end then, opposed to some narrow minded fool making lazy generalisations about all people who might choose to life weights in this fashion.

I'm not calling everyone who bench presses a bell-end - it was (and still is) a favourite of mine and my ego won't allow me to admit I can't lift now what I could lift twenty years ago (but it doesn't stop me from trying). And come on, if you've spent any time in commercial gyms you must have seen the types who spend all their time bench pressing and curling while the squat racks and deadlift platforms are empty.