Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jon Stewart - Irresistible

Started by zomgmouse, June 29, 2020, 04:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the film subforum, but has anyone seen this? Came out online not too long ago.

Lots of stinker reviews saying Stewart is out of touch and that the film feels like a relic.

Personally I didn't mind it, it's pretty easygoing satire but hits some very good points, and has an interesting twist. Kind of felt a little more like an elongated TV episode, maybe a later-season Veep or something, but I quite enjoyed watching it. Certainly no Wag the Dog but also far from a Man of the Year, to use the Levinson political film scale (which I made up just now).

Interested to hear what you all think!

Famous Mortimer

I think he learned a lot of bad lessons from his time on Comedy Central and it's made his post-Daily Show work toothless and not all that funny. I didn't like it as much as you, but I didn't hate it either. Eh.

Bartholomew J Krishna

Watched it last night and wish I hadn't. A good cast but the uneven tone of the humour meant very few laughs.
I'm a big fan of Jon Stewart, but this was weak.

thr0b

If you like Stewart, note that he is a fairly frequent guest on The/A Late Show, in which he lives under Colbert's desk, and occasionally comes out to do a monologue or rant.

Uncredited exec-producer of it.

Blue Jam

Watched this just now and enjoyed it immensely. Think I'll watch Steve Carrell in anything.